Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Travels With Mabel

Comments

• 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,280
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

The longest year of my life was the morning last October that I spent in the Redmond, Oregon airport.

You just don't appreciate the ease and convenience of the small regional airport.
    It actually wasn't all that bad, but my flight from Reno to Seattle reached Sea-Tac, where we circled for 20 minutes before flying down to Redmond, Oregon to land and switch planes. I had to sit there for about four hours. So my flight which left Reno at 6am., ended up with me landing at Sea-Tac around 3pm.
    Was it fog at SeaTac? Had a similar thing happen when San Diego was too fogged in.
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,510
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Life in Redmond Oregon is a new adventure - not sure why Yella picked this place to set down roots - although Bend is a little further south. Windy as shit but sunny after torrential rains in Chehalis. Left one screwed up state and in another - 8 days till Eye Da Ho.

Fall seems to have hit in a rather spectacular fashion. Was really pretty coming off Mt. Hood once we cleared the mist - what a crappy drive weather wise till hitting Warm Springs area.
  • rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,009
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    LebamDawg said:

Prepping to leave the great screwed up state of Washington tomorrow and heading into lands unknown - first stop Redmond, Oregon. At the same time I am making reservations in Idaho for a week or so then heading through Utah to the north rim of the Grand Canyon.

Utah might have some interesting camp sites I hope around some of those lakes west of Brigham City

I need to check out campgrounds on the lake I think

nice thing about utah camping is if its public land its open to camp on.

nice spot on one of those lakes? set up shop there. nice spot just off the shoulder of I-15? fuck it, set up shop there.
    Swaye's Wigwam

LebamDawg said:

Life in Redmond Oregon is a new adventure - not sure why Yella picked this place to set down roots - although Bend is a little further south. Windy as shit but sunny after torrential rains in Chehalis. Left one screwed up state and in another - 8 days till Eye Da Ho.

Fall seems to have hit in a rather spectacular fashion. Was really pretty coming off Mt. Hood once we cleared the mist - what a crappy drive weather wise till hitting Warm Springs area.

Lol. I don’t live in Redmond. Bend >>> Redmond for amenities.

I live among the Ponderosa Pines. Bachelor is 25 min from my driveway. Mt Bike single track 1 mile away.
    Pretty country down south of Bend - my daughter has a hunk of land 20 minutes from Bachelor they are planning on developing soon. Down off Century a little past the Lava stuff (closed when I went by) was down there the other day. I am trying to talk her into getting a game camera so she knows what's going on in her piece of heaven.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,713
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    LebamDawg said:

I was doing the same drive a few weeks ago. I hadn't driven in fog in years and everyone wanted to go 75 MPH.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,702
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

The longest year of my life was the morning last October that I spent in the Redmond, Oregon airport.

You just don't appreciate the ease and convenience of the small regional airport.
    It actually wasn't all that bad, but my flight from Reno to Seattle reached Sea-Tac, where we circled for 20 minutes before flying down to Redmond, Oregon to land and switch planes. I had to sit there for about four hours. So my flight which left Reno at 6am., ended up with me landing at Sea-Tac around 3pm.
    Was it fog at SeaTac? Had a similar thing happen when San Diego was too fogged in.
    Yes, it was fog, and we were running out of fuel.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,792
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LebamDawg said:

LebamDawg said:

I live among the Ponderosa Pines. Bachelor is 25 min from my driveway. Mt Bike single track 1 mile away.
    Pretty country down south of Bend - my daughter has a hunk of land 20 minutes from Bachelor they are planning on developing soon. Down off Century a little past the Lava stuff (closed when I went by) was down there the other day. I am trying to talk her into getting a game camera so she knows what's going on in her piece of heaven.
    Like the road S Century in Sunriver?
    Swaye's Wigwam

LebamDawg said:

LebamDawg said:

Like the road S Century in Sunriver?
    Yep - but past Sunriver - went quite a ways past the circle that cut off to go into Sunriver. Tamarack? or something like that,
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LebamDawg said:

Right now in the middle of Oregon - Burns the Covid Rebellion capital of Oregon. Have not seen a mask on anyone here. What the heck do people do in windblown high desert areas?
    I think I am in the largest county in Oregon with the smallest population. Known for the Bundy Rebellion just south of here. My daughter works for Travel Oregon and was telling me she was passing thru this area and a biker group had special windshield signs made that said "Fuck Kate Brown". She says this defines Burns.

Happy Trails - off to Idaho tomorrow morning

Burns is shit as fuck. I’ve never been.

I’m enjoying “Travels With Mabel”.
    Swaye's Wigwam

LebamDawg said:

Right now in the middle of Oregon - Burns the Covid Rebellion capital of Oregon. Have not seen a mask on anyone here. What the heck do people do in windblown high desert areas?
    I think I am in the largest county in Oregon with the smallest population. Known for the Bundy Rebellion just south of here. My daughter works for Travel Oregon and was telling me she was passing thru this area and a biker group had special windshield signs made that said "Fuck Kate Brown". She says this defines Burns.

oh most noble MOD - rename the thread
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LebamDawg said:

LebamDawg said:

Steinbeck’s rig was a GMC, but I’ll allow the thread title change.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,702
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

LebamDawg said:

LebamDawg said:

Steinbeck’s rig was a Westfalia, but I’ll allow the thread title change.
    Swaye's Wigwam

LebamDawg said:

LebamDawg said:

Steinbeck’s rig was a Westfalia, but I’ll allow the thread title change.
    not being a great, world famous writer (me - not you Stalin) I went with bigger and better rig.