Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Emeka Megwa, 2022 4* RB, Keller (Timber Creek), TX (COMMITTED)

Comments

• JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,059
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    If he can run right into the line he’ll fit in alright here
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,587
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

Baseman said:

Can't wait for Fudge's "sit Cam Davis, he sucks, go with Megwa. HTH" thread.

No, even if Cam Davis sucks, he will never admit that Cam Davis sucks. It will be on the coaches for not using him correctly.

See Jacob Sirmon for reference
    BTP really got dumb over the QB topic but he wasn't the only one. The "he was wrong and stupid about it that time so he must be again" attacks are pretty lame though. Every topic, every player personnel argument, is it's own. What he's trying to say about the RBs, up

Seems like running backs usually pop early (gaskin, sankey, polk). the fact that Davis is going into his third season and hasn't been able to establish himself as the primary back isn't a good sign for him being great especially when you look at the JAGs he's been competing with. hope Im wrong

Don't trust the coaches. They have to consider a fuck load of things that most of us don't think about. They want system running backs and are going to lean on the guys who execute the system ahead of the one who is best at running the ball. Not saying thats the case, just thst it could be.

I think he’s good. This probably means he sucks.

I already feared that he peaked as a sophomore.
    @bananasnblondes never adds anything to the discourse anyways. He only likes to point out the times i’ve been wrong!!! He’s a bitter old man.
    I carelessly left multiple aborted posts attached to that reply. They were aborted because they weren't fit for posting. I fucking hate it when I do that.

But my point is really that these guys obsessing over proving you wrong has risen above the level of frivolous and pathetic. It's an easy way to earn some chins I guess.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    chuck said:

chuck said:

Baseman said:

No, even if Cam Davis sucks, he will never admit that Cam Davis sucks. It will be on the coaches for not using him correctly.

BTP really got dumb over the QB topic but he wasn't the only one. The "he was wrong and stupid about it that time so he must be again" attacks are pretty lame though. Every topic, every player personnel argument, is it's own. What he's trying to say about the RBs, up

Seems like running backs usually pop early (gaskin, sankey, polk). the fact that Davis is going into his third season and hasn't been able to establish himself as the primary back isn't a good sign for him being great especially when you look at the JAGs he's been competing with. hope Im wrong

Don't trust the coaches. They have to consider a fuck load of things that most of us don't think about. They want system running backs and are going to lean on the guys who execute the system ahead of the one who is best at running the ball. Not saying thats the case, just thst it could be.

@bananasnblondes never adds anything to the discourse anyways. He only likes to point out the times i’ve been wrong!!! He’s a bitter old man.
    I carelessly left multiple aborted posts attached to that reply. They were aborted because they weren't fit for posting. I fucking hate it when I do that.

But my point is really that these guys obsessing over proving you wrong has risen above the level of frivolous and pathetic. It's an easy way to earn some chins I guess.
    Rent free.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Apparently the coaches were also checking out running backs in the local area last weekend.

Boner has been a disaster outside of Gaskin, Ahmed, and McGrew.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,721
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

chuck said:

Baseman said:

Thats my least favorite glitch here

Storing bad takes in the box
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,514
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    haie said:

Apparently the coaches were also checking out running backs in the local area last weekend.

To be fair, Gaskin was the starting RB in 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018. Then Ahmed was the starting RB in 2019. In 2020, it was largely Newton & McGrew (both played well). The jury is still out on Cam Davis and I'm not sure what is happening with Sam Adams Jr. but he was well-regarded coming out of HS.

I guess I'd say Boner has not really been the problem in terms of recruiting and getting results. While it would be very helpful for him to land a high 4 star or 5 star RB for the 2023 class, it's JonDon, Huff, and Adams who have whiffed the most on that side of the ball in terms of recruiting.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,704
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Surprised that picture isn’t him in a horny frogs uni.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

I dont think the RB talent is really poor at all. McGrew is a spunky little guy with everything one would ask for except size. Davis has hands, size, quicks, and speed but hasn't seen a crease to run through yet. Newton, when he just picks a spot and hammers it, is a talented runner with speed. Pleasant is huge with quicks, blocks well, and is an excellent receiver. Sunday and Barry both have size and speed. Adams too.

I'm not saying he couldn't have recruited better, as Davis is probably the only one in the room who was a first choice recruit, but the guys brought in aren't lacking talent. The running game is just piss poor due to design, play calling, and blocking. As I've said repeatedly, the problems on this team are systemic. Judging any particular player or even unit harshly is really not fair at this point. That includes the RBs
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,047
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    So this kid obviously watched the first 3 games and decided he was good enough to win the starting job next year over the jags here already
  • thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,484
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    You’ve recruited fine at the RB position.

It’s poor OL development and the 20 year old scheme you’re running right now…
  • BonedogBonedog Member Posts: 650
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    He’s just coming to get the medical treatment he needs for free then 2022 hit the portal
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,958
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    chuck said:

haie said:

I dont think the RB talent is really poor at all. McGrew is a spunky little guy with everything one would ask for except size. Davis has hands, size, quicks, and speed but hasn't seen a crease to run through yet. Newton, when he just picks a spot and hammers it, is a talented runner with speed. Pleasant is huge with quicks, blocks well, and is an excellent receiver. Sunday and Barry both have size and speed. Adams too.

I'm not saying he couldn't have recruited better, as Davis is probably the only one in the room who was a first choice recruit, but the guys brought in aren't lacking talent. The running game is just piss poor due to design, play calling, and blocking. As I've said repeatedly, the problems on this team are systemic. Judging any particular player or even unit harshly is really not fair at this point. That includes the RBs
    Disagree. I don’t see one nfl back on the roster. Maybe Sunday or berry but only because I have not seen them play and they are unknown.
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

haie said:

Disagree. I don’t see one nfl back on the roster. Maybe Sunday or berry but only because I have not seen them play and they are unknown.
    You're probably right about the NFL, but what you've used to determine that so far is not valid, imo. Just an opinion though.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,958
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited September 2021
    chuck said:

chuck said:

haie said:

You're probably right about the NFL, but what you've used to determine that so far is not valid, imo. Just an opinion though.
    Newton. Horrible vision seeks contact and doesn’t break many tackles or move piles as much as you’d like to see for a physical tailback.

Davis- has decent hands but not much else sticks out about him. Has a little burst to him but not outstanding. Apparently fumbles. Maybe he figures it out.

Pleasant- not fast or elusive and doesn’t run physical enough. Good in pass protection.

McGrew is decent. I’ve wanted to hate him for years but he is a contributor although probably not a bell cow.

Anyone else has t played enough to form any opinion. If you’re trying to be a top 15 program you should be able to have a dude or two in the stable that plays at the next level. Yes the line sucks but I have seen talented backs make their own yards in that circumstance before. These guys do not.

Does anyone else see it different?
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

chuck said:

haie said:

Does anyone else see it different?
    I think I'm part of a small minority as far as the running backs go. I still think Cam Davis hasn't had ample opportunity to form an intelligent opinion about him.
  • dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,244
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I don't see a ton of separation from Newton, Davis, and Pleasant. They are all big, physical, but not elusive and/or playmakers. Newton is ahead of the other two by a gnats ass. McGrew hits it hard, has better anticipation and vision, and has potential for explosive plays. He needs to be used alot more
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,876
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    dannarc said:

I don't see a ton of separation from Newton, Davis, and Pleasant. They are all big, physical, but not elusive and/or playmakers. Newton is ahead of the other two by a gnats ass. McGrew hits it hard, has better anticipation and vision, and has potential for explosive plays. He needs to be used alot more

Yeah, it seems like we have four B-/C+ level running backs running behind a bad offensive line. Each time one of them seemingly looks better than the other 3, they regress the next game and someone else looks slightly better. Right now I'd also say McGrew looks the best, which means that today he'll get 1.2 ypc

I was excited to hear in camp that Cam Davis looked to be "the guy" but he's honestly been the most unimpressive of the bunch thus far
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,047
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dannarc said:

How has newton looked better than anyone? He runs with his head down right into the linebacker every time. Even Pleasant has shown the ability to make a cut and break a tackle. He's the "big back" that should be getting those carries with Mcgrew in for every other snap