Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jack Haener

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited September 2021
    Chris Petersen is great a coach and an evaluator of talent
  • Options
    CarlosDangerCarlosDanger Member Posts: 189
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Jack Haener is the new Chuck Norris.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Dude is trending
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

So why were so many people so ANGRY when I kept saying how good he was? Many people here judged him over one play when he was inserted into the Cal game as a freshman.

Haener looks great. That being said he would ever look great with any of the coaching staffs we have had. Fresno is so well coached with their scheme and he is balling out.

In the practices he was an absolute turnover machine which he still has problems with. Hats off to him though. He isn’t soft and was so clutch last night.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    FireCohen said:

Chris Petersen is great a coach and an evaluator of talent

That’s the Joke!
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

So why were so many people so ANGRY when I kept saying how good he was? Many people here judged him over one play when he was inserted into the Cal game as a freshman.

Haener looks great. That being said he would ever look great with any of the coaching staffs we have had. Fresno is so well coached with their scheme and he is balling out.

In the practices he was an absolute turnover machine which he still has problems with. Hats off to him though. He isn’t soft and was so clutch last night.
    Jake Haener is the #1 QB in America. He has one (1) interception in three games. The “turnovers” you’re referring to must be the Kickoffs after Jake scores another touchdown.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    doogie said:

Jake Haener is the #1 QB in America. He has one (1) interception in three games. The “turnovers” you’re referring to must be the Kickoffs after Jake scores another touchdown.
    He did have a huge fumble against Oregon, and another against UCLA.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,946

I was just angry @Swaye squeezed mommies boobies and the throbber hasn't....

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Right place, right tim.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,996
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Dude is trending

We should work on getting his mom to trend.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited September 2021
    doogie said:

Fumbles are turnovers too. The second fumble at oregon was awful and probably cost them the game. Had another bad fumble last night too. That said he is playing great. Hope he can make it though the season.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,946
    Swaye said:

Right place, right tim.
    Sometims its better to lucky than good.

Though its good you got lucky.

Bastard.

• Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Derek was right, I was wrong. Haener is a baller. Stalin you may have my scalp.
  • Options
    NoWarningJustDawgNoWarningJustDawg Member Posts: 1,000
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter

Well, this seems a bit revisionist.

You did the "change my mind" comment after his game Aug28 against UCONN, who we all know is bad to a level UW can't fathom. So I would say it was more "hey maybe slow your roll" than ANGRY.

When called on that point, you said you had been saying so for "2 years or more", which takes us back to at least late August '19. Uh, he was leaving UW then, while we were reading about how he kept throwing interceptions in practice. And then we all saw the manner in which he failed to win the starting job and seemed to pout and immediately LEAVE. C'mon, we all knew Pete hated turnovers; a small try-hard was never going to win that job while turning the ball over. Meanwhile he had 3 years left, and everyone knew Eason was leaving after one season. He could have played in '19, then transferred and had the same playing time he got leaving in a huff. So it seemed quite natural to question his heart/toughness/decision making.

Side note, what had you seen that was so great to have been a supporter of Haener as he was leaving UW? Perhaps the garbage time play against North Dakota in '18?

“He was extremely emotional about it,” Ryan said of his son, “because he felt like he had won the job.” - based on what?? Most of us thought he was delusional after reading that as he departed.

It appears he did ok last year, after an awful debut against a shitty Hawaii team, and overall against quite a bit of mediocre competition. Fresno was a mediocre 3-3 Group Of Five team, nothing special.
    And he's undoubtedly improved - he's got 4 years of high school and 4+ years of college under his belt, so it's understandable that he'd do everything necessary to win the game.

TL;dr - I've come around to "he's good" but I haven't forgotten the manner in which he left while being decidedly unimpressive to that point.
    Cheers--
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,237
    Founders Club
    edited September 2021

You did the "change my mind" comment after his game Aug28 against UCONN, who we all know is bad to a level UW can't fathom. So I would say it was more "hey maybe slow your roll" than ANGRY.

When called on that point, you said you had been saying so for "2 years or more", which takes us back to at least late August '19. Uh, he was leaving UW then, while we were reading about how he kept throwing interceptions in practice. And then we all saw the manner in which he failed to win the starting job and seemed to pout and immediately LEAVE. C'mon, we all knew Pete hated turnovers; a small try-hard was never going to win that job while turning the ball over. Meanwhile he had 3 years left, and everyone knew Eason was leaving after one season. He could have played in '19, then transferred and had the same playing time he got leaving in a huff. So it seemed quite natural to question his heart/toughness/decision making.

Side note, what had you seen that was so great to have been a supporter of Haener as he was leaving UW? Perhaps the garbage time play against North Dakota in '18?

“He was extremely emotional about it,” Ryan said of his son, “because he felt like he had won the job.” - based on what?? Most of us thought he was delusional after reading that as he departed.

It appears he did ok last year, after an awful debut against a shitty Hawaii team, and overall against quite a bit of mediocre competition. Fresno was a mediocre 3-3 Group Of Five team, nothing special.
    And he's undoubtedly improved - he's got 4 years of high school and 4+ years of college under his belt, so it's understandable that he'd do everything necessary to win the game.

TL;dr - I've come around to "he's good" but I haven't forgotten the manner in which he left while being decidedly unimpressive to that point.
    Cheers--
    I didn't single you out as being angry. There's nothing revisionist about it; there was anger in some of those threads. I was and remain confused why anybody would get upset over something like that.
  • Options
    NoWarningJustDawgNoWarningJustDawg Member Posts: 1,000
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter

Cheers--
    I didn't single you out as being angry. There's nothing revisionist about it; there was anger in some of those threads. I was and remain confused why anybody would get upset over something like that.
    I mean, it's Hardcore Husky, sooooo..... yeah?? People are angry lately; not a shock. Otherwise, it's fine that we disagree.

I generally attribute it to a shortage of victory coitus in the last 2+ years. As always, wins will fix everything.
    Cheers--
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,237
    Founders Club

Cheers--
    I mean, it's Hardcore Husky, sooooo..... yeah?? People are angry lately; not a shock. Otherwise, it's fine that we disagree.

I generally attribute it to a shortage of victory coitus in the last 2+ years. As always, wins will fix everything.
    Cheers--
    Getting angry that we're running up the middle on 4th and 4 is totally understandable. Getting angry because some idiot (me) is saying that a Fresno QB is really good, I don't understand.