Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Alex Jones tim

Theory: JD isn’t calling plays. It’s Junior. He was a heavy spread guy when he was OC at WKU.

Comments

• JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,559 Founders Club
    Alex would be proud
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    As I said in the game thread. That first half offense was 100% a different person calling plays from a completely different scheme/philosophy from the first two games.

The OL is still shockingly bad at run blocking and Mcgrew continues to be severely underused

Team still has enough talent to win its way to a mediocre bowl game if utilized and motivated correctly.
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,797 Founders Club
    Can't wait for the internal promotion of Junior to OC and a GA to QB coach next year! It's the script.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,112
    Ryan Day acknowledged that his secondary coach was given playcalling duties today rather than his DC (it didn't help. They gave up 500+ yards to Tulsa)

Kim has already said it's idiotic to think Donavon didn't call the plays

I'm betting there is some truth to this
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839

Ryan Day acknowledged that his secondary coach was given playcalling duties today rather than his DC (it didn't help. They gave up 500+ yards to Tulsa)

Kim has already said it's idiotic to think Donavon didn't call the plays

I'm betting there is some truth to this

There’s some rumblings going around. From a philosophical standpoint this was way different and actually good offense
  • Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,308
    edited September 2021
    Look at the Arizona game last year though, we decided to run a 'normal' offense for that game too. So we know Jon Don has run normal looking offenses, he just chooses not to because he's a fucking moron. It should no longer be his choice.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,524 Swaye's Wigwam
    So far this year, I've watched the Michigan game until I was too mad and two drives or so of today's game. What I saw today was so different that "play calling" is the wrong callout. It was a completely different install. Like I said in the game thread, I find it hard to believe they installed an entirely different offense in a week. So they sat on this the whole first two games and never thought to give it a try?
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,042 Standard Supporter

So far this year, I've watched the Michigan game until I was too mad and two drives or so of today's game. What I saw today was so different that "play calling" is the wrong callout. It was a completely different install. Like I said in the game thread, I find it hard to believe they installed an entirely different offense in a week. So they sat on this the whole first two games and never thought to give it a try?

They were waiting for the culture bowl
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    Houhusky said:

As I said in the game thread. That first half offense was 100% a different person calling plays from a completely different scheme/philosophy from the first two games.

The OL is still shockingly bad at run blocking and Mcgrew continues to be severely underused

Team still has enough talent to win its way to a mediocre bowl game if utilized and motivated correctly.

Why do you hate 7-6