Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

5 Reasons why Arkansas State beats Washington this Saturday

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,049
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
Let me just say I can't wait for our Saturday afternoon showdown. I am packing a bunch of stuff up today and tomorrow will be on a plane to Jonesboro. Can't wait for a great weekend of touring the Bell House, JTowns Grill, Starbucks, and getting to watch my Dawgs on Saturday!

But here are 5 reasons why I think Arkansas State will win this one.

1. Layne Hatcher and James Blackman -- they are the best players on the field, enough said on that. They have five years under their belts and will do everything possible to win the game.

2. Offensive Line - They average a weight of 249 lbs across the line, they are ready to dominate the line of scrimmage. Hoz, Luebke, Still, Ossai, Scott. These boys have the attitude and are ready to rumble.

3. Rob Harley - New Defensive Scheme and a new attitude. Every player has spoke out about the difference between the defense in 2020 and in 2021. Sure, they have given up 71 points in two games. But Harley needs more tim to get his guys in there. We will see a much-improved defense on 9/18.

4. Speed, Speed, Speed - This is the fastest Arkansas State has been in a long time. Corey Rucker, Jeff Foreman, Te'Vailence Hunt, Omari Walker and Ontario Ruiz. The newbies will be inexperienced but will bring something that they haven't had in past seasons, speed.

5. Time of Possession - I think Arkansas State can dominate the time of possession stat. The more they can shorten the game and keep their defense off of the field, the better chance they have to win the game.

I think the Red Wolves win rather easily, say 34-17?

Comments