Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

HH legend sells the couch

Comments

• GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

First off, I'm catching this news right now in real time. Second, I don't want to go to battle over who's the biggest Norm fan, but I've been spreading the gospel for decades. This is the first HH "sells the couch" thread that's actually made me sad. I'm not exaggerating at all that Norm Macdonald is in my top-5 comedians of all time. Not only is he (fight me) the best late night talk show guest of all time (and it's not even close), but his stand-up is incredible. If you haven't watched Me Doing Stand-Up, watch it. Buy it, find it, pirate it, whatever. Fuck, if you can't find it, let me know, and I'll PM you a link.

Best Weekend Update anchor, and it's not close. Movies were campy but way underrated. Low key amazing standup.

This one hit hard.

My top 3/5 too. Robin Williams, Norm, Uh, trails off quick after that. Brilliant, subversive, insightful and still a certain genuine humanity too.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,735
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

First off, I'm catching this news right now in real time. Second, I don't want to go to battle over who's the biggest Norm fan, but I've been spreading the gospel for decades. This is the first HH "sells the couch" thread that's actually made me sad. I'm not exaggerating at all that Norm Macdonald is in my top-5 comedians of all time. Not only is he (fight me) the best late night talk show guest of all time (and it's not even close), but his stand-up is incredible. If you haven't watched Me Doing Stand-Up, watch it. Buy it, find it, pirate it, whatever. Fuck, if you can't find it, let me know, and I'll PM you a link.

Best Weekend Update anchor, and it's not close. Movies were campy but way underrated. Low key amazing standup.

This one hit hard.

My top 3/5 too. Robin Williams, Norm, Uh, trails off quick after that. Brilliant, subversive, insightful and still a certain genuine humanity too.
    Give it up for Greg Giraldo.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,708
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

This one hit hard.

Yes I'm just finding out myself. Had no idea he was sick. His autobiography is laugh out loud good; I read it twice in fact.

This is bumming me out. He was the greatest.
    Founders Club
    Probably my favorite Norm bit. The Charles Woodson joke slayed the crowd, and Ken Griffey Jr.'s reaction is priceless

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mhUIIhcTb8
    Founders Club

This one hit hard.

You can add Dave Chappelle to that, but that's about it
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

This one hit hard.

Dennis Miller.
    Chappelle & Carlin. Plus Cosby’s Himself. Big gap though.
    Founders Club

This one hit hard.

Dennis Miller.
    Chappelle & Carlin. Plus Cosby’s Himself. Big gap though.
    Forgot about Carlin... Agree on Miller if it's vintage Dennis Miller.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,386
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Everyone always tells me that Lenny Bruce belongs on all-time comedian lists. I don't know much of his stuff, though. Totally different era of comedy.
    Founders Club

Everyone always tells me that Lenny Bruce belongs on all-time comedian lists. I don't know much of his stuff, though. Totally different era of comedy.

I think people like to romanticize the idea of Lenny Bruce and not so much his comedy.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    The standup bit on Cosby/Rape/Hypocrisy starting about 5:53 is a must watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFXdyXaDgNw
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

This one hit hard.

Yes I'm just finding out myself. Had no idea he was sick. His autobiography is laugh out loud good; I read it twice in fact.

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,693
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Lenny Bruce was an anti establishment comic who paid a price for it. So he gets credit for that

I've never seen even a tape of his act.

This was Dustin Hoffman's girlfriend in the movie

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,793
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

This one hit hard.

Mark 8:36