Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Serious question

Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,573
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
edited May 2022 in Tug Tavern
How are y'all keeping like low level people in the company?

We just had our 3rd person dip who was a customer service lead making 60 in Vegas.

Comments

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,277
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited September 2021
    I lost one, and I’m not replacing her. Overpaying for a downgrade, no thanks. I’ll wait for job market desperation to kick in so I don’t have to pay $20/hr for a $15/hr job. It’s inconvenient, but I can survive a year or so if I have to.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,775
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited September 2021
    Have lost 3 admin/secretarial people in four months.

Looking at ways to, like we say, fuck off. Tired of this revolving door. I'll replace that shit with technology and outsourcing.

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,277
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

Hire people over 50 for those positions. Less likely to be looking for the next gig that pays $1/hr more.

Yep
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,500
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

65 year old white guys are not in high demand

I'd be happy to post here all day while one of you pays me to not do my job

65 decades?
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,440
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2021
    60k for a customer service lead is fine. That person just sounds shitty, or you have a product that's shitty to support. Support/implementation people expect tools to wipe their asses, and that's not always realistic even at mid sized companies. Devs have to build those tools or the company has to pay for 3rd party shit.

We generally promote customer service leads/manager eventually if they're good otherwise yeah, they will leave just to not have to do that job anymore.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,573
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    haie said:

60k for a customer service lead is fine. That person just sounds shitty, or you have a product that's shitty to support. Support/implementation people expect tools to wipe their asses, and that's not always realistic even at mid sized companies. Devs have to build those tools or the company has to pay for 3rd party shit.

We generally promote customer service leads/manager eventually if they're good otherwise yeah, they will leave just to not have to do that job anymore.

Eh we baited and switched the last chick. Didn't actually hire another one under her. So she dipped got a new one starting tomorrow.

And I told our ownership team like hey dumbasses. They of course will dip if they have to do the bitch work