Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Winning Football

dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,701
5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
Swaye's Wigwam
Wow, fun watching an offensive that doesn’t lick balls.

Comments

• CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Hawks looked good but the Colts also looked bad. Carson Wentz is terrible now. But the offense did look more consistent and actually made sense/had a plan instead of trying to rely on big home run plays.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,701
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It was fun to watch. Hawks will do what the hawks do but at least It’ll be worth watching.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,687
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Awfully warn for February. 17 games seems longer than just one more game. By January half the Hawks will be on IR like the rest of the league

Cleveland at KC was a great game yesterday.

The West Coast is rich cool and 4-0

Seattle, LA, LA, and SF all won
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,386
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Swaye's Wigwam

#myStafford

The Sofi Center with fans was pretty spectacular

Jerry may need to build a third Cowboys Stadium
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Hawks looked good but the Colts also looked bad. Carson Wentz is terrible now. But the offense did look more consistent and actually made sense/had a plan instead of trying to rely on big home run plays.

My biggest questions about the Hawks were a. Would Pete allow Waldron to make actual changes or was it just rearranging the deck chairs. b. Could they run the ball when they wanted to c. Was late 2020 broken Russ here to stay d. How would the pass defense hold up. e. Could they generate a pass rush with the collection of bodies up front?

It's only one game but they looked really good on all fronts.

When they threw the bomb to Lockett on 2nd and 20 with under a minute left rather than ru a draw or throw a swing pass or 5 yard out to the TE I knew things have really changed. At least for now.

Pretty optimistic about the Hawks but holy fuck that division.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Hawks looked like a Sean McVay offense yesterday, which is why you hired Waldren which is great. Run plays were 4-6 yards a pop instead of 1-3. The BIG plays felt timely and not just chuck it up and hopefully someone makes a play. Used the middle of the field a lot more compared to the past. Not looking too hard into the defense because as I said Wentz sucks. He got sacked the most out of any QB last year and only played 12 games and his O line was ranked like 11th. He holds onto the ball forever so the pass rush feasted on that.

NFC West will be a cage match. If a team can go 4-2 in league play they probably win the division.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2021

Awfully warn for February. 17 games seems longer than just one more game. By January half the Hawks will be on IR like the rest of the league

Who hurt you?
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Ask your wife to tell you how football works
    Swaye's Wigwam

Ask your wife to tell you how football works

You miss this?

It was fun to watch. Hawks will do what the hawks do but at least It’ll be worth watching.

Dick.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    You seem defensive

And upset
    Swaye's Wigwam

You seem defensive

And upset

Yes, both.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The Colts have had a good defense for a few years. Things often change quickly in the NFL, but that was a good showing.

We’ll see about the defense. I think the pass rush is much improved. Robinson was pretty good for a rookie last year and Taylor has the look of being a solid NFL player, potentially even a star.

The secondary is a concern. The offensive line seems to always have some issues. I think the Seahawks are a 10 win team. The division is so good tho that one of the teams will probably end up 6-10. That’s most likely Arizona, but if injuries strike, it could be any of the teams.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,386
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

The Colts have had a good defense for a few years. Things often change quickly in the NFL, but that was a good showing.

We’ll see about the defense. I think the pass rush is much improved. Robinson was pretty good for a rookie last year and Taylor has the look of being a solid NFL player, potentially even a star.

The secondary is a concern. The offensive line seems to always have some issues. I think the Seahawks are a 10 win team. The division is so good tho that one of the teams will probably end up 6-10. That’s most likely Arizona, but if injuries strike, it could be any of the teams.

17 game season. I think 10-11 wins is about right. The NFC West will be a bloodbath.