Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sideline at UM Game

Beno4LifeBeno4Life Member Posts: 533
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
edited September 2021 in Hardcore Husky Board
Buddy and I made the trek to Ann Arbor and sat behind the Husky bench.

Before I get to my point, fuck off to anyone who says The Big House is boring. It was an incredible atmosphere. Puts Husky Stadium to shame. Not a single advertisement anywhere in stadium, so fans and band and PA are in unison for singalongs, chants, the whole thing. Awesome environment.

Back to the misery… Despite the electricity and our senior DL captain calling out the “malaise” on the sideline last week, it was the most lethargic and lifeless sideline I’ve ever seen…from kickoff to us walking out in the 4th. Here’s the thing, tho, that really became clear:

Jimmy is clueless how to run a team.

He didn’t huddle with any position group at timeouts. He didn’t correct or discipline any player, like Dom or KamFab, after stupid/bad plays. All he did was pace back and forth and maybe talk to the refs here and there. I can’t remember a head coach looking more detached from his team than Jimmy. And this was a guy who was super animated (cue Jordan Miller Utah pick) as a DB/DC coach. I truly don’t think Jimmy knows how to be a head coach. Like, we know he doesn’t know how to hire or recruit coaches. But my god, I can’t believe he gets paid $3mil/year just to pace the sidelines and not even coach…during a game!

Also, ya know how we raise our helmets on kickoff? Not a single player did it, save for Sawyer Racanelli, a fucking freshman. No Otton, no Bowman, no Morris… Guys we’re laughing on the sideline in the 4th.

From the top down, the whole thing makes no sense and is rotten. It’s clear Jimmy is trying to be someone he is not.

Comments

• Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,490
    Beno4Life said:

Buddy and I made the trek to Ann Arbor and sat behind the Husky bench.

Before I get to my point, fuck off to anyone who says The Big House is boring. It was an incredible atmosphere. Puts Husky Stadium to shame. Not a single advertisement anywhere in stadium, so fans and band and PA are in unison for singalongs, chants, the whole thing. Awesome environment.

Back to the misery… Despite the electricity and our senior DL captain calling out the “malaise” on the sideline last week, it was the most lethargic and lifeless sideline I’ve ever seen…from kickoff to us walking out in the 4th. Here’s the thing, tho, that really became clear:

Jimmy is clueless how to run a team.

He didn’t huddle with any position group at timeouts. He didn’t correct or discipline any player, like Dom or KamFab, after stupid/bad plays. All he did was pace back and forth and maybe talk to the refs here and there. I can’t remember a head coach looking more detached from his team than Jimmy. And this was a guy who was super animated (cue Jordan Miller Utah pick) as a DB/DC coach. I truly don’t think Jimmy knows how to be a head coach. Like, we know he doesn’t know how to hire or recruit coaches. But my god, I can’t believe he gets paid $3mil/year just to pace the sidelines and not even coach…during a game!

Also, ya know how we raise our helmets on kickoff? Not a single player did it, save for Sawyer Racanelli, a fucking freshman. No Otton, no Bowman, no Morris… Guys we’re laughing on the sideline in the 4th.

From the top down, the whole thing makes no sense and is rotten. It’s clear Jimmy is trying to be someone he is not.

Sounds a lot like Willingham
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,122
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Just being devils advocate but Petersen did virtually the same. I used to watch him like a hawk and he looked aloof a lot of the time.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,285
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

alumni94 said:

Was there the Jim Harbaugh, "don't celebrate, we just beat the worst coached team in the NCAA" speech again?

Wow I forgot about that
    Link?
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,194
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Right before the initial kick off. Watch Lake calling out to “Huff……Huff……Huff…” to even get him to give him a high five or a fist bump.

Then OL didn’t even break the huddle on the sideline together

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,104

Does Jimmy cross it up every once in a while with the right over left armfold?

• Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Does Jimmy cross it up every once in a while with the right over left armfold?

Looks more left over right to me.
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,410
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Did you see between 3rd and 4th quarters when Michigan did one of their 70,000 people karaoke sing alongs, and one of our players was on the field swaying to the music and doing his own thing? I believe it was a starter on D but not sure.

The OL/Dom getting the Unsportsman like, one of our wr's celebrating in the 4th after the catch, etc. What are you doing? Your getting your ass kicked.
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,122
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Just being devils advocate but Petersen did virtually the same. I used to watch him like a hawk and he looked aloof a lot of the time.

Not even close to true

Petersen had a rule about how you treated your helmet … he’d go ape shit if you treated the helmet poorly

Every player raised their helmets for kickoffs … every kickoff

You get a dumb taunting penalty that cost the team Petersen would have been inside of your uniform and on your ass … the player would have stopped and listened on the spot or Pete would have followed if he walked away and then put the player on the bench
    Dude I know what I saw, on many occasions. As for discipline, sure, but being away from huddles during dead balls was a CP trait I witnessed many a time. I'm certain he was managing the team in his own way and is something Jimmy is trying and failing to emulate.

Also literally helmet holding and treating of ones helmet? I don't even see other than raising for kick offs where you pulled that out of. I honestly don't care, its concern #458 at this point.
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    Hampton might have all the physical tools but plays like that keep you on the bench...where you belong.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Tequilla said:

Not even close to true

Petersen had a rule about how you treated your helmet … he’d go ape shit if you treated the helmet poorly

Every player raised their helmets for kickoffs … every kickoff

You get a dumb taunting penalty that cost the team Petersen would have been inside of your uniform and on your ass … the player would have stopped and listened on the spot or Pete would have followed if he walked away and then put the player on the bench
    Dude I know what I saw, on many occasions. As for discipline, sure, but being away from huddles during dead balls was a CP trait I witnessed many a time. I'm certain he was managing the team in his own way and is something Jimmy is trying and failing to emulate.

Also literally helmet holding and treating of ones helmet? I don't even see other than raising for kick offs where you pulled that out of. I honestly don't care, its concern #458 at this point.
    Petersen also never went 0-12. Pending for jimmy. So that’s really all that matters.