Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Adjustments

WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,742
5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
edited July 2014 in Hardcore Husky Board
Talking about the offense, game plans, etc got me thinking. We know that this staff should be able to maximize the roster and all that jazz. What I'm going to be way more interested in is seeing a game where the plan is clearly not working and what happens when we come out of the tunnel for the second half. Games usually aren't won or lost in the first half, but how many potential W's did Sark leave on the table because of a total lack of adjustments or total FS adjustments? Truly good teams are going to have to will their way to some wins, especially in this conference. That's where I think the difference between 9 wins and 11-12 could come from. Not winning on the whiteboard, but winning on game day.

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,079
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    For all the shit that Rick got, perhaps 81% of it justified, he did have a knack for winning the second half and 4th quarter. Lambo, Gilby and Sark did not have a clue in this regard. I expect Petersen to do well. What separates the teams? Attention to detail.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I think we had this conversation after every game since 2009... with the notable exception of October 3, 2012

• Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,742
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

For all the shit that Rick got, perhaps 81% of it justified, he did have a knack for winning the second half and 4th quarter. Lambo, Gilby and Sark did not have a clue in this regard. I expect Petersen to do well. What separates the teams? Attention to detail.

4th quarter wins were the foundation of the 2000 season. Tui also helps.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,491
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

4th quarter wins were the foundation of the 2000 season. Tui also helps.
    This.

Neu's half-time adjustments were legendary.

At least during the 2000 season.