Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

'Block out the noise and just be Oregon': Jubilant Ducks celebrate watershed win at Ohio Stadium

Comments

• ramenduckramenduck Member Posts: 734
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Finally got a good look at Jim Moorhead the game planner and play caller. Hopefully the momentum holds. Tough not to think we lose a game or two we shouldn’t, which has been the book on this staff. Please prove me wrong.

Running the table from here should be the expectation.
  • flatusflatus Member Posts: 871
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment First Anniversary
    Standard Supporter
    the buckeye post-game show audiocast at the bottom of the article is worth a listen, too. Some blame-gaming about coaching, missing players, missed open recievers, etc, but mostly props to Oregon for "smashing the buckeyes in the mouth" from the opening kickoff until the final play. That phrase was used multiple times, and I'm pretty sure those words fuel Criscoball's wet dreams. Now he can have rub one out while watching the replay of the Oregon win rather than old clips of his time at Alabama.
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,919
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    As the season plays out I think we'll see that the Buckeyes have a high powered offense and a pretty crappy defense. Great win but I can easily see OSU losing a couple more games this year.
  • ramenduckramenduck Member Posts: 734
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited September 2021
    SFGbob said:

As the season plays out I think we'll see that the Buckeyes have a high powered offense and a pretty crappy defense. Great win but I can easily see OSU losing a couple more games this year.

The rule of the handpicked successor is starting to bear fruit. There is always instant and briefly sustained success before the cracks start to show. tOSU is headed for an excusable 11-2 or 10-3 type season before a big letdown season next year, where Day will be toast by game 5.

Only Lincoln Riley appears to be exempt thus far.
  • TheDudeTheDude Member Posts: 87
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    ramenduck said:

SFGbob said:

The rule of the handpicked successor is starting to bear fruit. There is always instant and briefly sustained success before the cracks start to show. tOSU is headed for an excusable 11-2 or 10-3 type season before a big letdown season next year, where Day will be toast by game 5.

Tough to be the next guy in an already successful program. Not a lot of upside and a long way to fall
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,280
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    ramenduck said:

SFGbob said:

Strong disagree!