Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

This weeks coach of the week

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,227
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
Sam Pittman Arkansas. Sure it was just beating Sark but it was a big win for the Hogs and the SEC over the Horns. This is what Pittman came into

16 straight SEC losses.

He came in last year and went 3-7 in a all SEC schedule. Now he's rich cool and 2-0

It his first head job since Hutchinson JC in 1992

He may suck and they may lose the rest of their games but I watched that game last night and he has a good squad there.

You have to find these guys. Usually not on any list from us? fans

Comments

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Kwat held them to 4 field goals early then broke

It was the kind of game that was close enough long enough for Arkansas to find a way to lose but Texas never got anything going

Like UW against Stanford
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,984
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    What is Bret Bielema up to now? Seems like a good candidate for OC.
  • Options
    coronabruincoronabruin Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,478
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sark just needs more time is all. His Californian style of leadership needs to sink in. Can’t expect to win with unrefined Texas recruits.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bread said:

What is Bret Bielema up to now? Seems like a good candidate for OC.

He's at Illinois

Beat Nebraska then lost two straight to UTSA and Maryland
  • Options
    fouchpotatofouchpotato Member Posts: 53
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    God bless Arkansas for firing morris ASAP once they realized he sucked. If only UW had the stones to do that.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,997
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

God bless Arkansas for firing morris ASAP once they realized he sucked. If only UW had the stones to do that.

It’s the most frustrating part. I was onboard with hiring lake initially. I thought he had everything Pete lacked. I was convinced before the season he didn’t. Now it’s obvious to everyone. We won’t do anything for years though.

Most of the time you make a bad hire. It’s important to move on fast until you find the right guy or menstruating person to guide program and pay them so they don’t want to leave. It’s not that hard.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,484
    Founders Club

Sark blown out on the road? Who would've known?

What is @iDawg gonna say when Arkansas hangs 40 on Sark Saturday night?

They're not gonna hang 40!!

Speaking of which, it's due time for @RaceBannon and @iDawg to get the band back together. They are needed.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,997
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Sark blown out on the road? Who would've known?

What is @iDawg gonna say when Arkansas hangs 40 on Sark Saturday night?

They're not gonna hang 40!!

Speaking of which, it's due time for @RaceBannon and @iDawg to get the band back together. They are needed.
    This is when they thrive.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

It’s the most frustrating part. I was onboard with hiring lake initially. I thought he had everything Pete lacked. I was convinced before the season he didn’t. Now it’s obvious to everyone. We won’t do anything for years though.

Most of the time you make a bad hire. It’s important to move on fast until you find the right guy or menstruating person to guide program and pay them so they don’t want to leave. It’s not that hard.
    Again I agree

Keep firing until you get it right

And I was also seduced by Jimmy not being Petersen

I'm ready to move on
  • Options
    trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited September 2021

Sam Pittman Arkansas. Sure it was just beating Sark but it was a big win for the Hogs and the SEC over the Horns. This is what Pittman came into

16 straight SEC losses.

He came in last year and went 3-7 in a all SEC schedule. Now he's rich cool and 2-0

He may suck and they may lose the rest of their games but I watched that game last night and he has a good squad there.

Nice to see Arkansas win . . . It’s been a long, pretty much downward spiral since Bobby Petrino’s motorcycle “accident” with the young female intern in 2012.

Bret Bielema left Wisconsin (after taking Wisconsin to three straight Rose Bowls) for Arkansas . . . Ended up with a sub .500 record and got canned.
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,110
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited September 2021
    trublue said:

16 straight SEC losses.

Nice to see Arkansas win . . . It’s been a long, pretty much downward spiral since Bobby Petrino’s motorcycle “accident” with the young female intern in 2012.

Bret Bielema left Wisconsin (after taking Wisconsin to three straight Rose Bowls) for Arkansas . . . Ended up with a sub .500 record and got canned.
    Bielema was on the verge of being told to leave Wisconsin.