Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I'm not going to lie to you doogs

PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,785
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Founders Club
If we beat Michigan I am going to laugh hysterically, and might, MIGHT adjust the season back to LIPO.

I said before the year we need to beat Michigan or Jimmy is not the guy.

No one foresaw the meltdown that was the Montana game. But if we end Harbaugh's Michigan career after losing to Montana at home, that is some seriously funny shit.

I do think the team is going to come out chippy and pissed and it will be an interesting game.

If we lose, fire Jimmy on the tarmac. If we win, win the north and get plungered by an undefeated Chip in the title game.

Yes, I am desperately looking for silver linings. I at least want to get some entertainment out of the season.

For PGOS, beat Michigan. Nothing else matters. Sorta. Fuck off.

Comments

• Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I still think we win. Michigan plays by the script as well
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,998
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

If we beat Michigan I am going to laugh hysterically, and might, MIGHT adjust the season back to LIPO.

I said before the year we need to beat Michigan or Jimmy is not the guy.

No one foresaw the meltdown that was the Montana game. But if we end Harbaugh's Michigan career after losing to Montana at home, that is some seriously funny shit.

I do think the team is going to come out chippy and pissed and it will be an interesting game.

If we lose, fire Jimmy on the tarmac. If we win, win the north and get plungered by an undefeated Chip in the title game.

Yes, I am desperately looking for silver linings. I at least want to get some entertainment out of the season.

For PGOS, beat Michigan. Nothing else matters. Sorta. Fuck off.

Even if we lose to Michigan the Alamo bowl championship is still in play until it’s not.
  • Options
    doogvilledoogville Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,184
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2021
    While I’d certainly enjoy the chaos that a win over UM would create, there is not a chance in hell this Huskies team is winning that game.

That Michigan defense is going to destroy the mighty John Donovans. Which is one of the reason I hope they save Huard for arky state. Because if they roll him out mid-game Saturday, he’s going to be seeing ghosts for the rest of his career.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,666
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    I'm looking for some top notch qb play
  • Options
    LaZorisLaZoris Member Posts: 1,628
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Even if they do beat Michigan it's gonna be a shitshow of 6-6 or 7-5. Everyone knows it.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Probably the first time PGOS has ever been right about something.

These are college kids. They don't get up for FCS games and often the FCS teams are just as good as lower level FBS teams so its stupid to schedule them. Six FCS teams won vs. FBS teams last weekend. UW was a smaller favorite vs. Montana than UO was vs. Fresno State.

2007 Michigan, after being shocked by Appy State and crushed by Oregon, then rolled off eight wins in a row.
    2010 Virginia Tech, after falling to James Madison to start the season 0-2, won 11 games in a row to win the ACC.

All that to say these aren't professional athletes they can come out hungover and unmotivated one weekend and then hungry and aggressive the next.

Lots of overreactions to one game- UW could easily beat Michigan this weekend.

They are probably still a terribly coached and managed team but the season isn't over.

Oregon won. 1-0

UW lost, 0-1

Fact check: True

Spin that.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,785
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    doogie said:

These are college kids. They don't get up for FCS games and often the FCS teams are just as good as lower level FBS teams so its stupid to schedule them. Six FCS teams won vs. FBS teams last weekend. UW was a smaller favorite vs. Montana than UO was vs. Fresno State.

2007 Michigan, after being shocked by Appy State and crushed by Oregon, then rolled off eight wins in a row.
    2010 Virginia Tech, after falling to James Madison to start the season 0-2, won 11 games in a row to win the ACC.

All that to say these aren't professional athletes they can come out hungover and unmotivated one weekend and then hungry and aggressive the next.

They are probably still a terribly coached and managed team but the season isn't over.

Oregon won. 1-0

UW lost, 0-1

Spin that.
    Now that was a doog post by the Troll. Lol.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,731
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    doogie said:

Oregon won. 1-0

UW lost, 0-1

Spin that.
    Spin? Both sucked and either game could have gone either way.

Yes, results are ultimately what matter.

But wins and losses are less predictive of the future than more fine-grained statistics.

Oregon went from 9 point dog to 14 @ ohio state. Washington went from +2.5 to +6.5 @ michigan.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2021

Lake isn’t the guy, but I don’t think it’s a foregone conclusion we lose either. If we win the turnover battle, this will likely be a low scoring, to the wire game.

If we can’t complete any passes downfield, we have no shot.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,666
    RedRocket said:

Michigan and VT at least were able to put up over 200 rushing yards against when they lost to their FCS opponents. We put up 65 against Montana. What makes our loss to Montana special is how badly their defense dominated our offense especially in the run game. I would be slightly more optimistic if we had lost in a shoot out instead of a defensive manhandle.
    omg the pronouns hahaha
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,109
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Dropped 3 bones on some retro home field gear. Received it on Monday. Threw it to the top of the closet. Too embarrassed to wear that shit in central TexASS. We’ll see how this weekend goes… going to LIPO.