Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Mario Bailey's comments on Twitter

Comments

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    He is now part of the problem. We went through this stupid shit from the peanut gallery with willingham supporters
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,987
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I don’t know if he is lazy or not, but I would guess any coach that loses at home to Montana is lazy. Honestly it should have been by two scores.

He definitely is arrogant. Far too arrogant for his results.

Either way focusing on adjectives is a huge waste of
    Time. He needs to be fired. As does the AD more importantly.
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

He is now part of the problem. We went through this stupid shit from the peanut gallery with willingham supporters

Forgot about that. Really poor take from Mario. Last night and apparent direction of program has nothing to do with color of skin. Nick Saban, Eddie Robinson, China's world famous diving coach, Russian Gymnast Coach, etc if that is what I'm getting from my teams coach then Houston we have a problem.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I don’t know if he is lazy or not, but I would guess any coach that loses at home to Montana is lazy. Honestly it should have been by two scores.

He definitely is arrogant. Far too arrogant for his results.

Either way focusing on adjectives is a huge waste of
    Time. He needs to be fired. As does the AD more importantly.

The helmet car is so cool though!
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Data wise there was room to say things could have been decent with JonDon last year … I’ll take the L for my LIPO perspective as Montana proved it’s played out

I’ve never got the lazy vibe from this staff … particularly when it comes to recruiting. The vibe I’ve gotten is that the hires haven’t been good enough and we’re bringing a knife to a gun fight on the recruiting trail.

My bigger issue with Jimmy has always been that he talks a big game but continually doesn’t back it up. I’ve heard from too many different people that there’s an arrogance to Jimmy … which by itself isn’t a bad thing. But as he kept doubling down on things are showed an unwillingness to course correct, that arrogance is showing itself to be a fatal flaw. That Jimmy can’t see that and/or doesn’t have anybody around him that he trusts to check him … you just kind of plunge forward until you fall off the cliff

JL appears to be all hat no cattle. You've also (and I agree) mentioned smartest man in the room syndrome. If your going to run your mouth with run the damn ball, WR room soooo much better than last year, ditto QB's, best part of team OL, then when last night happens, you don't get the right to have a post game press conference of standard coach speak like he did. There better be "this is 100% my fault alone it will not happen again and I won't ever stop working to make sure it doesn't" answers to the questions.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,524
    Standard Supporter
    All hat and no cattle was like Jim Mora Jr. except he had more sizzle in recruiting. Yikes.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    godawgst said:

Tequilla said:

Data wise there was room to say things could have been decent with JonDon last year … I’ll take the L for my LIPO perspective as Montana proved it’s played out

I’ve never got the lazy vibe from this staff … particularly when it comes to recruiting. The vibe I’ve gotten is that the hires haven’t been good enough and we’re bringing a knife to a gun fight on the recruiting trail.

My bigger issue with Jimmy has always been that he talks a big game but continually doesn’t back it up. I’ve heard from too many different people that there’s an arrogance to Jimmy … which by itself isn’t a bad thing. But as he kept doubling down on things are showed an unwillingness to course correct, that arrogance is showing itself to be a fatal flaw. That Jimmy can’t see that and/or doesn’t have anybody around him that he trusts to check him … you just kind of plunge forward until you fall off the cliff

JL appears to be all hat no cattle. You've also (and I agree) mentioned smartest man in the room syndrome. If your going to run your mouth with run the damn ball, WR room soooo much better than last year, ditto QB's, best part of team OL, then when last night happens, you don't get the right to have a post game press conference of standard coach speak like he did. There better be "this is 100% my fault alone it will not happen again and I won't ever stop working to make sure it doesn't" answers to the questions.
    Presser last night was full blown punching the clock to not get in further trouble

All hat not cattle is spot on
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,943
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Emoterman said:

Mario's right, but about the wrong thing. I'm on record that three out of four of the games LAST season were fireable offenses (first and right, btw), but everyone gave a COVID pass for reasons that are still beyond me and instead bitched about the less important aspect of winning that is recruiting (see also: Oregon and USC). Some even were complimentary of the new offense (you know who you are), dooged out over big-dick comebacks (ignoring how inexcusable it is to dig 17 and 21 point first half holes in the first place), and got a boner over the ice-in-veins QB who couldn't play more than one good quarter per game or resist the urge to overthrow every deep ball he attempted.

But, no, it was the recruiting that's the real failure, not just one of many.

And, right or wrong, the language people used to express this frustration--at least here--has been a little loaded, or at least I could see how it would seem so to certain people. The word "lazy" in particular is one known to get the hackles up, yet it came up early and often, in a way that made it seem as if conclusions were being jumped to. Comparisons to Ty aren't helping those optics, either, particularly because their respective incompetence is nothing alike.

Lake needs to be fired. Today. Cohen is ultimately responsible, so start with her. New coach can choose what assistants to boot or keep. But this message would resonate better with some fans and former players if the critics focused from the beginning on coaching, hiring, and, sure, recruiting incompetence instead of, "The offense is improved, the quarterback has a huge dick, this team should roll the conference--oh, but he's lazy and Ty 2.0."

Excellent post. I've been right there with you since being underwhelmed by the comeback wins to shit teams. I was close to quitting the Huskies, even bought Seahawks season tickets (I've hated the whole 12 thing, but I'm thrilled with this decision), after we didn't send a squad to the P12CG. And I've basically stopped posting here as grandpa Race tried for the first time ever to LIPO.

www.firejimmy.com
    It’s been noticed and you’ve been missed.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,918
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Emoterman said:

Mario's right, but about the wrong thing. I'm on record that three out of four of the games LAST season were fireable offenses (first and right, btw), but everyone gave a COVID pass for reasons that are still beyond me and instead bitched about the less important aspect of winning that is recruiting (see also: Oregon and USC). Some even were complimentary of the new offense (you know who you are), dooged out over big-dick comebacks (ignoring how inexcusable it is to dig 17 and 21 point first half holes in the first place), and got a boner over the ice-in-veins QB who couldn't play more than one good quarter per game or resist the urge to overthrow every deep ball he attempted.

But, no, it was the recruiting that's the real failure, not just one of many.

And, right or wrong, the language people used to express this frustration--at least here--has been a little loaded, or at least I could see how it would seem so to certain people. The word "lazy" in particular is one known to get the hackles up, yet it came up early and often, in a way that made it seem as if conclusions were being jumped to. Comparisons to Ty aren't helping those optics, either, particularly because their respective incompetence is nothing alike.

Lake needs to be fired. Today. Cohen is ultimately responsible, so start with her. New coach can choose what assistants to boot or keep. But this message would resonate better with some fans and former players if the critics focused from the beginning on coaching, hiring, and, sure, recruiting incompetence instead of, "The offense is improved, the quarterback has a huge dick, this team should roll the conference--oh, but he's lazy and Ty 2.0."

Excellent post. I've been right there with you since being underwhelmed by the comeback wins to shit teams. I was close to quitting the Huskies, even bought Seahawks season tickets (I've hated the whole 12 thing, but I'm thrilled with this decision), after we didn't send a squad to the P12CG. And I've basically stopped posting here as grandpa Race tried for the first time ever to LIPO.

www.firejimmy.com
    It’s been noticed and you’ve been missed.
    Especially in the Wam
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    He reminds me more of Snark, except even Snark wouldn't lost to a Big Sky team. Get creamed by AZ schools? Sure but there was a level of competence that got us out of the doldrums.

This guy needs to go. I don't give a fuck if Montana beats North Dakota Tech and makes the D-1AA playoffs often. They'd be 4-8 in the MW and 2-10 in the weak Pac
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,918
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

He reminds me more of Snark, except even Snark wouldn't lost to a Big Sky team. Get creamed by AZ schools? Sure but there was a level of competence that got us out of the doldrums.

This guy needs to go. I don't give a fuck if Montana beats North Dakota Tech and makes the D-1AA playoffs often. They'd be 4-8 in the MW and 2-10 in the weak Pac

What absolute shitty teams did Sark lose to? WSU & Oregon St (Nick Montana started) come to mind. Were some of the losses to Arizona & ASU come when one of them was absolute dreckfest?
  • Options
    DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 704
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Mario is right here. Some of y'all are closet bigots. Some of y'all call it like it is.
  • Options
    DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 704
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Mario is right here. Some of y'all are closet bigots. Some of y'all call it like it is.

Calling it like it is, is saying fire the coach that loses at home to Montana 13 to 7
    Jimmy Lake didn't throw 3 INT.
  • Options
    DoubleJDawgDoubleJDawg Member Posts: 598
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Calling it like it is, is saying fire the coach that loses at home to Montana 13 to 7
    Jimmy Lake didn't throw 3 INT.
    I’m curious what the over/under week will be when Lake will follow suit and start throwing the players under the bus, especially ones he told us were worldbeaters just before the season. Maybe 3 1/2? 4 1/2?