Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The Obvious Voting-Rights Solution That No Democrat Will Propose

123457»

Comments

• Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,276
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

thechatch said:

Still waiting for @TheKobeStopper to explain why voter ID is racist while vax cards to eat at restaurants or fly on airplanes is not.

I’m letting the free market decide if those businesses are racist. The government, however, answers to me.
    Why do other countries require voter id?
    Presumably they require you show your national ID for all sorts of reasons. I'm not the one against a national ID. ("Your papers!" memes to follow from the libertarian hen faction.)
    Are there are reasons that are presumably racist?
    Seems like an argument there are would fail.
    So it's not racist to require voter id.
    It's not racist to require a National ID, issued to every citizen without exception at the nation's expense. Apparently it's merely fascist, per Race.
    Is it racist to require that ID to vote? And if it is issued to a citizen?
    A national ID is issued to citizens. If we uniformly say you have to show it as a condition of voting, I don't see how that can be racist.

A fucking waste of time and resources, sure, but not racist.
    I'd have to ask again why other countries do it if it's such a fucking waste of time.
    Taking the information off the ID is probably just a substitute for what a poll worker already asks you at a polling place in the U.S. If it ever became the norm here, the same substitution of energy would apply. But the actual implementation of a national ID program, if it is implemented solely in order to prevent voter impersonation, is an enormous waste of money and effort. The crime isn't being committed in the first place.
    But leaving behind billions of weapons isn’t an enormous waste of money, Dazzler?

I said that? When?
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    You voted for it.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,932
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited September 2021
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

thechatch said:

Still waiting for @TheKobeStopper to explain why voter ID is racist while vax cards to eat at restaurants or fly on airplanes is not.

I’m letting the free market decide if those businesses are racist. The government, however, answers to me.
    Presumably they require you show your national ID for all sorts of reasons. I'm not the one against a national ID. ("Your papers!" memes to follow from the libertarian hen faction.)
    It's not racist to require a National ID, issued to every citizen without exception at the nation's expense. Apparently it's merely fascist, per Race.
    A national ID is issued to citizens. If we uniformly say you have to show it as a condition of voting, I don't see how that can be racist.

I'd have to ask again why other countries do it if it's such a fucking waste of time.
    Taking the information off the ID is probably just a substitute for what a poll worker already asks you at a polling place in the U.S. If it ever became the norm here, the same substitution of energy would apply. But the actual implementation of a national ID program, if it is implemented solely in order to prevent voter impersonation, is an enormous waste of money and effort. The crime isn't being committed in the first place.
    But leaving behind billions of weapons isn’t an enormous waste of money, Dazzler?

I said that? When?
    You sound like you have grave concerns over fiscal responsibility.

Was it a great waste of money to have 25,000 troops guarding the Capitol for months? 25,000 troops that could have been scuttling billions in weaponry?
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,276
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

thechatch said:

I said that? When?
    You sound like you have grave concerns over fiscal responsibility.

Was it a great waste of money to have 25,000 troops guarding the Capitol for months? 25,000 troops that could have been scuttling billions in weaponry?
    You seem to have forgotten that I'm for spending the money on national ID. You gals have been very concerned and I don't want you worrying your pretty little heads about voter impersonation any longer.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,297
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Last I checked the FED already shoveled out money to the states for the states REAL ID upgrades. Seems like a pittance to make states give ID's to anyone that asks them to waive the $25 considering the upgraded security to elections. It will help keep the Russians from meddling in our elections after all.

It's truly impressive watching H continue down his line of thinking.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,687
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    H wants a solution that will never happen

Federal ID is different different from the state ID we have now

Just don't ask for details
  • Options
    hardhathardhat Member Posts: 8,343
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

H wants a solution that will never happen

Federal ID is different different from the state ID we have now