Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

UW giving away tickets

MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
To season ticket holders for the first two games. Get up to 4 free. JFC. Imagine this happening in a tier 1 program. Which UW currently isn’t.

Comments

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,731
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    UW has been a tier 1 program for maybe 5 years total in its history
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,194
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited September 2021
    LOL

Stubhub has tickets for $8

Too high
  • Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,827
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Husky fever is back!
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,410
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Back of envelope tells me they have 15-20 THOUSAND tickets they can give away.

Anyone in the AD who uses tagline "Greatest Setting in College Football" should be fired after Saturday. I laughed at UCLA/Hawaii in the Rose Bowl last week w/ their attendance of 35k. Touche on me, we are the JV version of that.

Post Pandemic UW Season Ticket Base went from 44 thousand down to 30. Add in at best 20K tickets sold thru secondary/walk up ticket sales and for the typical game that isn't SC/Zeros/Cougs/Big name OOC your looking at the stadium attendance that will have 50,000 people in it at peak in a 70,000 stadium.

E-1 tailgating days are numbered as UW long term plans include that space for Office Buildings. Those numbers along with overall slow drip of Husky Football as it pertains to public interest in general, paints a scenario where one day UW just plays games at Seahawks stadium.

• Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,344
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2021
    Tequilla said:

godawgst said:

Back of envelope tells me they have 15-20 THOUSAND tickets they can give away.

Anyone in the AD who uses tagline "Greatest Setting in College Football" should be fired after Saturday. I laughed at UCLA/Hawaii in the Rose Bowl last week w/ their attendance of 35k. Touche on me, we are the JV version of that.

Post Pandemic UW Season Ticket Base went from 44 thousand down to 30. Add in at best 20K tickets sold thru secondary/walk up ticket sales and for the typical game that isn't SC/Zeros/Cougs/Big name OOC your looking at the stadium attendance that will have 50,000 people in it at peak in a 70,000 stadium.

E-1 tailgating days are numbered as UW long term plans include that space for Office Buildings. Those numbers along with overall slow drip of Husky Football as it pertains to public interest in general, paints a scenario where one day UW just plays games at Seahawks stadium.

There’s no way they are playing games at the Seahawks stadium for at least 20 years until the debt service at minimum is retired

Beat Michigan (particularly in an impressive manner) and enthusiasm starts to return

I suspect there are a lot of people that aren’t really comfortable going to spend time in a crowd while COVID COVIDs
    I was going to take the kids to the Sounders game Sunday (fuck off...), but my beard put a stop to it because she didn't like the idea of them being squeezed in with 30K people. Because Delta.

I promise she's worth it...

Local fear of COVID is a real reason for lowered attendance. The AD isn't just scapegoating that.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

UW has been a tier 1 program for maybe 5 years total in its history

CPOTD
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Kids don’t do Sports these days. Maybe our new Afghanie friends will help fill the gap
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,194
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

They should be handing out tickets. Why top row seats are priced the way they are is ridiculous. Watched a show about Michigan and their efforts, decades ago, to get people to games. AD started selling extra seats for $1 to high school students in the area, and did the band day thing to fill in shit seats. Stadium was full, adding to the experience, creating demand, and building a fan base in the process. Get butts in the seats. Hopefully young impressionable butts.

This
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

They should be handing out tickets. Why top row seats are priced the way they are is ridiculous. Watched a show about Michigan and their efforts, decades ago, to get people to games. AD started selling extra seats for $1 to high school students in the area, and did the band day thing to fill in shit seats. Stadium was full, adding to the experience, creating demand, and building a fan base in the process. Get butts in the seats. Hopefully young impressionable butts.

Good move by Michigan, but you need to be careful with giveaway shit. Dave Brandon's gas station bogo was one hell of a brand-damager.

https://www.sbnation.com/2014/9/22/6831037/michigan-will-give-you-2-free-tickets-for-2-cokes
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    doogie said:

Kids don’t do Sports these days. Maybe our new Afghanie friends will help fill the gap

Larry Scott had the right idea. Just the wrong Asian market.