Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Stats comparing the Big Ten, Pac 12 and SEC Networks (FS alert)

whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,718 Swaye's Wigwam
http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/outkick-the-coverage/sec-network-poised-to-be-fifth-most-lucrative-sports-network-in-country-072214

Came across this and figured I should share it. The important stats are summarized below:

SEC Network: 75 million households, $611 million (preliminary information, probably overestimated, not going to use it in the argument but providing it nonetheless)
Pac-12 Network: 26 million households, $249.6 million
Big Ten Network: 52 million households, $237.1 million

The Pac-12 Network is almost 2 years old now and is seen by half as many as the Big Ten Network. They've had well over 2 years to work out a deal with some of the major dish and cable carriers in order to expand its product, yet this is the outcome. How much money have they lost over these years as a result? It's FS.

Comments

• Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,571 Founders Club
    Isn't the $EC Network owned by ESPN? No wonder. They can overhype it even more until three of the four teams that make the playoff are SEC.

I'm going to call my cable or satellite provider and ask them not to add it.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Isn't the $EC Network owned by ESPN? No wonder. They can overhype it even more until three of the four teams that make the playoff are SEC.

If only Larry Scott and the Pac-12 could have chosen to partner with ESPN instead of going it alone...
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838

If only Larry Scott and the Pac-12 could have chosen to partner with ESPN instead of going it alone...
    If only there was enough demand for DirecTv to want to overpay for it ...
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    topdawgnc said:

If only there was enough demand for DirecTv to want to overpay for it ...
    yep... this.

• puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133

Bobber down billy, me too.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,599 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2014
    Those stats....I dont think they imply what you think they are implying. Not many people on the West Coast give a fuck about CFB, and yet the pac 12 is still leading the rust belt in revenue generation.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,718 Swaye's Wigwam

Those stats....I dont think they imply what you think they are implying. Not many people on the West Coast give a fuck about CFB, and yet the pac 12 is still leading the rust belt in revenue generation.

They imply that more people across the country will be able to watch Mississippi State play Chattanooga than Oregon State play Sacramento State.

And it's because of this that the SEC will get 4 teams in the CFP this year and every year.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,010 Founders Club
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,599 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2014

Boobie you are bordering a full Cockus takeover on this board. Stick your metro, woman loving point of view up your butt. I don't really think women should be relegated to the kitchen. They should cook dinner then tie themselves to the master bed on their belly, pucker nice and high, for a thorough ass fucking when daddy gets home. Every night and no questions asked. Any lip then the bedside duck tape gets applied. You're such a puss boobie.

god damn dude, you deserve your own comedy central tv show

and fucking LOL at this post directed @Sven, when he didn't even respond to your original furburger post
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771

Boobie you are bordering a full Cockus takeover on this board. Stick your metro, woman loving point of view up your butt. I don't really think women should be relegated to the kitchen. They should cook dinner then tie themselves to the master bed on their belly, pucker nice and high, for a thorough ass fucking when daddy gets home. Every night and no questions asked. Any lip then the bedside duck tape gets applied. You're such a puss boobie.

FIRST!

FIRST!
    back in line, bitch
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,571 Founders Club
    Seriously, Puppy is right about the women's sports. I've looked at their lineup and it's volleyball, soccer, and softball all day some days. BTN is better in this regard.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309

Are cripple jokes now open for Women?