Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Cuog Coach Couch Closeout! Covid Casualty

Comments

• Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,993
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

EwaDawg said:

A little weird how many people here have a boner for Rolovich having to get a shot or be fired. Personally, I'm on the side of freedom.

Freedom to kill kids under 12 that can't get vaccinated? I am not surprised.
    Check the facts or keep your head in the sand.
    I know the facts.

EwaDawg said:

A little weird how many people here have a boner for Rolovich having to get a shot or be fired. Personally, I'm on the side of freedom.

I know the facts. Very likely VERY MUCH better than you. Vaccines save lives. Not getting a vaccine VERY LIKELY causes more deaths. At least, now we know, that you actually do want to kill people. Thanks for that.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,516
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited August 2021

EwaDawg said:

animate said:

Don't care either way about rolo either ... but covid don't care about your freedom. You can't have it both ways
    WTF are you talking about? Are you one of those people who still think vaccinations are going to make COVID go away?
    Christ. We've got a newest dumbest mother fucker on the internet. Congrats. Polio, and a billion other diseases prevented by vaccines, says hello.
    Those viruses don't mutate rapidly. TWO viruses in the history of humanity have been eradicated. Polio and smallpox. That's it.

COVID is not being eradicated. Mutates rapidly and is novel. Also, the vaccines are not anywhere close to effective enough. Check the facts.
    The vaccines turn covid into way less deadly than the flu. Thought that was the goal all along?
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    EwaDawg said:

EwaDawg said:

I know the facts.

EwaDawg said:

I know the facts. Very likely VERY MUCH better than you. Vaccines save lives. Not getting a vaccine VERY LIKELY causes more deaths. At least, now we know, that you actually do want to kill people. Thanks for that.
    So, you’re just spewing shit then, Got It!

For what purpose?
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,532
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    EwaDawg said:

EwaDawg said:

I know the facts.

EwaDawg said:

Saves the lives of fat fucks and old people. FUCK OFF AND DIE IN A GENOCIDAL FIRE.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,532
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    ntxduck said:

EwaDawg said:

animate said:

Don't care either way about rolo either ... but covid don't care about your freedom. You can't have it both ways
    WTF are you talking about? Are you one of those people who still think vaccinations are going to make COVID go away?
    Christ. We've got a newest dumbest mother fucker on the internet. Congrats. Polio, and a billion other diseases prevented by vaccines, says hello.
    Those viruses don't mutate rapidly. TWO viruses in the history of humanity have been eradicated. Polio and smallpox. That's it.

COVID is not being eradicated. Mutates rapidly and is novel. Also, the vaccines are not anywhere close to effective enough. Check the facts.
    The vaccines turn covid into way less deadly than the flu. Thought that was the goal all along?
    No, people (Fauci) are still pushing the myth that COVID would go away if only everyone would take the jab.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,449
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The goal was two weeks to flatten the curve and save 2-4 million lives

People forget that

Look hate on Trump all you want but Fauci was his guy and is now Biden's guy and if you think its the government's fault then it still is.

• Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,993
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    doogie said:

EwaDawg said:

EwaDawg said:

I know the facts.

EwaDawg said:

For what purpose?
    Anti Vaxers and diaper donnie supporters are either evil or stupid. WITHOUT EXCEPTION. So, first you eliminate them being stupid so you know the truth.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    EwaDawg said:

doogie said:

EwaDawg said:

EwaDawg said:

I know the facts.

EwaDawg said:

For what purpose?
    Anti Vaxers and diaper donnie supporters are either evil or stupid. WITHOUT EXCEPTION. So, first you eliminate them being stupid so you know the truth.
    If you aren't eliminated by the first round of the 'vax,' you will be by the 'boosters.' What you're shooting into your veins is black goo, graphene oxide, which interacts with RF frequencies. Dumb sheep.

• Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

If the vaccinated weren't so fucking scared I might be more inclined to believe that the VAX works

I'm mostly scared that we didn't let it kill enough boomers before taking vaccination seriously. Really shortsighted plan by the CDC.
    It's now about the children under 12 you heartless bastard

NOGAF about boomers
    I miss the salad days when we actually cared about gramma.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    EwaDawg said:

EwaDawg said:

I know the facts.

EwaDawg said:

Sounds like someone had one too many pumpkin spicers.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

I know you're too stupid to understand this, but refusal to take the COVID shot is not the same as being anti-vax. Know what I did when I put a nail through my thumb a couple years ago? Immediately went to get a tetanus shot. Tried and true to work, long track record of being safe. Neither of which can be said about COVID shots, yet. I also have two young kids, both of whom are fully up on vaccinations.

dnc said:

Yeah I think the COVID vaccine is good and people should get it but I completely agree that being hesitant to get it doesn't make one anti-vax. I actually think labelling everybody this way is going to backfire and create a lot more actual anti-vax sentiment.

The problem is that--like every damned thing in the last two decades--taking a fucking vaccine or wearing a mask became a political statement, and 24 hour news and social media turned politics into a team sport that everyone mistakenly believes they're smart enough to participate in a long time ago. When Democrats rubbed it Republicans' faces that the vaccine rollout was a shitshow, the die was cast and Team Blue and Team Red were suddenly established on their respective sides of the battlefield.

I guess what I'm saying is that I chinned @BleachedAnusDawg's post for qualifying the difference between anti-vax nutters and anti-COVID-vax, as hesitancy to the latter is a lot more understandable, particularly in light of recent developments that have caused somebody like myself who got the jab to suddenly have little to no benefit from it socially (and if my kids get held out of school again this year, I'm going fucking postal). That being said, if the reason to be hesitant to the COVID vaccine is a bunch of Red/Blue go-team ball-licking, I'm out.

Which brings me to why I chinned @DNC's post, as he's right: because it's political, everyone's got their heels dug in. Putting a label of any kind on somebody for not taking the vaccine is just going to increase hesitancy. Flies, honey, yadda yadda.
    Yep, the political teams BS is destroying everything.

As you noted, the litany of liberal figureheads who went out of there to make it clear they weren't taking "Trump's vaccine" started the whole mess.

I still don't understand how both sides flip flopped so seamlessly on the whole thing as soon as Biden took office.

Almost like no one actual believes the BS they spew it's all just about political points.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I got all my shots as a youth. Both of my dogs got puppy shots.

Neither one of us had much of a choice but still. I "believe" in vaccinations and science and doctors and good medicine and am THANKFUL that we have it

Pretty much agree with @1to392831weretaken that the covid vax has been a shitshow. You can find good people on both sides who have done a 180 since the election. Mildly amusing if I am honest. @dnc is also right - it didn't help the hesitant. Throw in the difference of rates per race and you have a recipe for disaster when it comes to employment

I used my gap year (and a half) to get healthy again, lose weight, eat well, exercise and get plenty of Vitamin D. My wife got the double shot. Its really none of your damn bidness but there you go

If UW football or Joe's Cafe want proof of vax so be it. I got a big screen and a bar be que

I would kind of like everyone to shut the fuck up
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    EwaDawg said:

doogie said:

EwaDawg said:

EwaDawg said:

I know the facts.

EwaDawg said:

For what purpose?
    Since you know it all, a simple link should back you up.

Or are you just gonna stomp your feet some more and fling monkey shit?
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,910
    Swaye's Wigwam
    EwaDawg said:

doogie said:

EwaDawg said:

EwaDawg said:

I know the facts.

EwaDawg said:

For what purpose?