Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Texas football's purge continues in advance of early UCLA showdown

Comments

• GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,490 Standard Supporter
    Implosion, wrong way rubbing, or abundance?
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,772 Founders Club
    Bergeron and Turner were being idiots. They have burned a lot of bridges.
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    sounds like the new coach can't handle the edgy players. it's concerning.
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    Looks like Strong would be a good position coach, maybe a coordinator ... but he's just not head coach material.
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    Whatever wins Texas gets this year, Strong will be winning the right way.

Srsly - this is exactly what Texas needed. They had become soft, lazy and entitled under Mack Brown.
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,797
    Strong does not know why you are giving him this question, okay?
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,314
    topdawgnc said:

Looks like Strong would be a good position coach, maybe a coordinator ... but he's just not head coach material.

alot of raw coaching talent, just not cerebral enough to be a head coach?
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    String Strong should be moved to WRs coach.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    It'll be nice to see Texas get an early season ramrodding from the PAC 12. Hope UCLA pours some heavy salt in the gash that Oregon left in them. Texass is one of those programs, like USC, that you just like to see lose, and lose big. They think they're big but they aren't nothing but shit.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,128
    topdawgnc said:

He's not one of those hard-working coaches who gives 110% every day and brings the lunch pail. He is surprisingly well-spoken though.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,718 Swaye's Wigwam

It'll be nice to see Texas get an early season ramrodding from the PAC 12. Hope UCLA pours some heavy salt in the gash that Oregon left in them. Texass is one of those programs, like USC whOregon, that you just like to see lose, and lose big. They think they're big but they aren't nothing but shit.

FTFY

Nothing else matters
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,586 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2014
    Texas while turning mediocrity into an art form is still the most valuable program in college football. That offer they put out to Saban takes a Texas sized shit all over anything Oregon and USC has done and frankly makes the SEC look small too.

I don't know if Strong's the right guy (probably not) but if he is then you better have that shitty Alamo bowl on DVR.
    haie said:

Texas while turning mediocrity into an art form is still the most valuable program in college football. That offer they put out to Saban takes a Texas sized shit all over anything Oregon and USC has done and frankly makes the SEC look small too.

I don't know if Strong's the right guy (probably not) but if he is then you better have that shitty Alamo bowl on DVR.

It hasn't done anything but make them look like foolish turds.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,587 Founders Club
    Wonder if Texas made an offer to Nussmeier?
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,586 Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

I agree that they've done some stupid shit like their fucktarded search committee. Just saying any motivated coach that even halfway knows what he's doing will have them back to plungering people.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,020 Founders Club
    edited July 2014

haie said:

Money talks and Saban's track record speaks for itself. Best coach in college football. The fact that they are willing to pay him a high NFL salary tells me everything I need to know about Texas and their desire to win. Like I said before, they should offer the same deal to Chip Kelly when he's done winning a Super Bowl and popping off.
    PurpleJ said:

haie said:

Money talks and Saban's track record speaks for itself. Best coach in college football. The fact that they are willing to pay him a high NFL salary tells me everything I need to know about Texas and their desire to win. Like I said before, they should offer the same deal to Chip Kelly when he's done winning a Super Bowl and popping off.
    Fuck that shit. If Chip Kelly ever becomes available to college football again, you know where he'll be going.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,718 Swaye's Wigwam

Fuck that shit. If Chip Kelly ever becomes available to college football again, you know where he'll be going.

Back to New Hampshire?
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,020 Founders Club

PurpleJ said:

haie said:

I don't know. Where?
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

PurpleJ said:

haie said:

Florida. Muschamp's days are numbered.