Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Cuog Coach Couch Closeout! Covid Casualty

Comments

• Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

doogie said:

Rolovich never once said he would get a jab.

He said he would “comply with the order”

Seems to me, Rolovich is gonna fight this to the end. I read somewhere his buyout is just under $5 million. Is that enuff, Race?

The mandate means he doesn't meet the minimum qualifications for a job, so he can be terminated for cause.
    Yeah, I didn’t see that clause in the Contract Rolovich signed with the University Presidents signature on it. Not saying it isn’t in there, just that I didn’t see it.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,452
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    doogie said:

doogie said:

Seems to me, Rolovich is gonna fight this to the end. I read somewhere his buyout is just under $5 million. Is that enuff, Race?

The mandate means he doesn't meet the minimum qualifications for a job, so he can be terminated for cause.
    Yeah, I didn’t see that clause in the Contract Rolovich signed with the University Presidents signature on it. Not saying it isn’t in there, just that I didn’t see it.
    I'm not a lawyer, I haven't read his contract, and I haven't seen the proclamation or know how it applies to higher ed, but there's probably standard terms in the contract that he must comply with all state and federal laws.

If that's not in there, then I wouldn't be surprised if the state looks for a way to withhold funds to Wazzu
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,496
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Judges have given wide latitude to enact these measures

I like Inslee in this one
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

A little weird how many people here have a boner for Rolovich having to get a shot or be fired. Personally, I'm on the side of freedom.

Don't care either way about rolo either ... but covid don't care about your freedom. You can't have it both ways
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,538
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    animate said:

A little weird how many people here have a boner for Rolovich having to get a shot or be fired. Personally, I'm on the side of freedom.

Don't care either way about rolo either ... but covid don't care about your freedom. You can't have it both ways
    WTF are you talking about? Are you one of those people who still think vaccinations are going to make COVID go away?
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

doogie said:

doogie said:

I'm not a lawyer, I haven't read his contract, and I haven't seen the proclamation or know how it applies to higher ed, but there's probably standard terms in the contract that he must comply with all state and federal laws.

If that's not in there, then I wouldn't be surprised if the state looks for a way to withhold funds to Wazzu
    Mandates are not laws you dumb sheep. How much money did you waste on your worthless education?
  • Options

doogie said:

doogie said:

Mandates are not laws you dumb sheep. How much money did you waste on your worthless education?
    NYBE

Applicable law is RCW 43.06.220. The legislature delegated power to the governor to make proclamations during a state of emergency. Case law supports this as constitutional, so, it's the law.

If Rolo's contract says that he must be compliant with all state laws while coaching at Wazzu, this RCW would apply to his contract.
  • Options

doogie said:

doogie said:

NYBE

Applicable law is RCW 43.06.220. The legislature delegated power to the governor to make proclamations during a state of emergency. Case law supports this as constitutional, so, it's the law.

If Rolo's contract says that he must be compliant with all state laws while coaching at Wazzu, this RCW would apply to his contract.
    So if your Satanist, Nazi, paedophile governor makes the proclamation that you need to be removed from your home and go to a Covid Concentration Camp, you're claiming it would be legal and constitutional.

Fuck off.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

doogie said:

doogie said:

NYBE

So if your Satanist, Nazi, paedophile governor makes the proclamation that you need to be removed from your home and go to a Covid Concentration Camp, you're claiming it would be legal and constitutional.

Fuck off.
    I think his point was that judges would
  • Options

doogie said:

doogie said:

NYBE

Fuck off.
    I think it's amazing that OBK can type when he can't even read
  • Options

doogie said:

doogie said:

NYBE

Fuck off.
    This is the only valid court

• Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,993
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Freedom to kill kids under 12 that can't get vaccinated? I am not surprised.
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,993
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

animate said:

WTF are you talking about? Are you one of those people who still think vaccinations are going to make COVID go away?
    Christ. We've got a newest dumbest mother fucker on the internet. Congrats. Polio, and a billion other diseases prevented by vaccines, says hello.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited August 2021
    EwaDawg said:

The standard flus kill hundreds the times of kids per year than Covid has.

I say this as a vaxxed.

Build back better.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    EwaDawg said:

animate said:

Christ. We've got a newest dumbest mother fucker on the internet. Congrats. Polio, and a billion other diseases prevented by vaccines, says hello.
    Those viruses don't mutate rapidly. TWO viruses in the history of humanity have been eradicated. Polio and smallpox. That's it.

COVID is not being eradicated. Mutates rapidly and is novel. Also, the vaccines are not anywhere close to effective enough. Check the facts.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    EwaDawg said:

Check the facts or keep your head in the sand.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If the vaccinated weren't so fucking scared I might be more inclined to believe that the VAX works
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,317
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

If the vaccinated weren't so fucking scared I might be more inclined to believe that the VAX works

I'm mostly scared that we didn't let it kill enough boomers before taking vaccination seriously. Really shortsighted plan by the CDC.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I'm mostly scared that we didn't let it kill enough boomers before taking vaccination seriously. Really shortsighted plan by the CDC.
    It's now about the children under 12 you heartless bastard

NOGAF about boomers
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,317
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

It's now about the children under 12 you heartless bastard

NOGAF about boomers
    Most children under 12 are pretty cool. They can live.