Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

One to have a look at....Rockley Photonics (RKLY)

DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,482
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
edited May 2022 in Tug Tavern
Recently became a publicly traded company. Appears to have groundbreaking technology for "Clinic on a Wrist" wearables. Rumors that they are the supplier to Apple for an upcoming watch that senses glucose, blood alcohol and other items.

https://rockleyphotonics.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/Rockley-Investor-Presentation-2021-06.pdf

Very small market cap at this time given the market opportunity for what they are developing.

Comments

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited August 2021
    It looks like it's gap filling from a week ago jump to $16. It's at $11, I'm going to see if it falls under $10 first, which would complete the gap fill.
  • Options
    My main interest on this stock is that they appear to have the better mousetrap for measuring blood glucose for diabetics and they appear set to supply this technology to apple and others for wearables. When you look at a stock like Dexcom with a 49 billion dollar market cap, the technology Rockley has could render dexcom's technology obsolete as it relies on inserting a wire for measurement under the skin. If they don't partner with a company like Rockley, they will be in a deep world of hurt.

Rockley's market cap? 159 million.

Apple has been rumored to be delivering technology to measure glucose with their watch and it's likely due to Rockley's technology.

So the room to run on this stock could be insane in terms of valuation.

I stumbled upon this stock researching apple watch and glucose sensing as my daughter is a type-1 diabetic and a customer of the dexcom device. The dexcom is cool but there are many things left to be desired. If rockley can really do this non-invasively, it's a huge game changer for the diabetes market which is a huge, huge, market.
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,993

My main interest on this stock is that they appear to have the better mousetrap for measuring blood glucose for diabetics and they appear set to supply this technology to apple and others for wearables. When you look at a stock like Dexcom with a 49 billion dollar market cap, the technology Rockley has could render dexcom's technology obsolete as it relies on inserting a wire for measurement under the skin. If they don't partner with a company like Rockley, they will be in a deep world of hurt.

Rockley's market cap? 159 million.

Apple has been rumored to be delivering technology to measure glucose with their watch and it's likely due to Rockley's technology.

So the room to run on this stock could be insane in terms of valuation.

I stumbled upon this stock researching apple watch and glucose sensing as my daughter is a type-1 diabetic and a customer of the dexcom device. The dexcom is cool but there are many things left to be desired. If rockley can really do this non-invasively, it's a huge game changer for the diabetes market which is a huge, huge, market.

Okay. I bought a share just to track it in my portfolio. Interesting concept but it is down 30% in the past 12 months and my guess is that the market knows something that we don't.
  • Options
    My post hasn't aged well but I am going to hold onto this one ;)
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,993

My post hasn't aged well but I am going to hold onto this one ;)

I was going to say, an $11 stock was down $4 in 36 hours since I bought a share. But that is precisely why I bought a share. We (?) will see.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,945
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I learned all I needed to know about this one by the shitty ppt template they used. Everything matters including brand guidelines and brand representation.

I don’t really know what the fuck I’m talking about but SMB’s and low level execs eat it up.