Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Husky Jacks open thread [2021]

Comments

• Options
    mrdoogmrdoog Member Posts: 203
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Hi Race,

Are they targeting 30 year old house moms with this one?

Thanks,

Your friend.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,258
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    BendDawg24BendDawg24 Member Posts: 35
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited August 2021

Good thing we are loaded at the receiver position!

You guys are dumb. He’s never done anything. If anything, most reports on him are that he’s been disappointing. This is football. Guys get hurt. He’ll be back in a month or 2.

If our season was riding on Jalen McMillan, we were never good to behind with. We lost our potential #3 WR.

Can’t wait for the fucking games so we can quit with the sky is falling bullshit.
    He's a guy I would love to have out there against Michigan. Will he be the difference between a win or loss? Of course not. But I'd take my chances with him out there vs the other unknown guys we have outside of Bynum. He makes a few of those catches against Arizona and we'd be taking different about him going into the season. Polk and Jackson better have the playbook down by then because they will need to make some plays along with getting Otton involved early and often.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,900
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

You guys are dumb. He’s never done anything. If anything, most reports on him are that he’s been disappointing. This is football. Guys get hurt. He’ll be back in a month or 2.

If our season was riding on Jalen McMillan, we were never good to behind with. We lost our potential #3 WR.

Can’t wait for the fucking games so we can quit with the sky is falling bullshit.
    Are you fucking serious? Going to take the midget transfers over this guy… take all the pics you want roady but the WR room had 2.5 guys I have any confidence in. Now it has 2. Hasn’t produced shit, true But he gives me a bigger hard on then Polk or Giles.

Recruiting sucks, staff sucks, jimmy sucks, chicken little is right. Time will tell but I’m not typing fucking LIPO.
    He seems soft to me and drops passes. I did like his deep speed tho.

If Jimmy loses I will be ready to fire him. I’m not gonna fire him because of unproven teen boi acquisition.

You and many others have been wrong about almost every WR recruit, so I’ll take my chances with Polk, Racc, and Jackson. I don’t have confidence in any WR besides Bynum at this point. Too much hype, not enough production.
    I actually like Racanelli over McMillan. The problem is he's missed half of camp. Don't know how much that will affect him being ready it's hardly ideal
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,707
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Polk isn’t a midget he is 6’2”?

Hasn’t Sawyer missed all of camp? Is he coming back?
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Yes, they aren’t allowed to talk about it, but Vorel strongly hinted it was Covid. He will be back soon.
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,097
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    I actually like Polk. I believe he had zero drops at Tech last year.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Are you fucking serious? Going to take the midget transfers over this guy… take all the pics you want roady but the WR room had 2.5 guys I have any confidence in. Now it has 2. Hasn’t produced shit, true But he gives me a bigger hard on then Polk or Giles.

Recruiting sucks, staff sucks, jimmy sucks, chicken little is right. Time will tell but I’m not typing fucking LIPO.
    Why did you even have 0.5 confidence in McMillan? Was it his stars?
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    chuck said:

Polk is good. He was probably the #3 already.

McMillan is valuable and important too though. The good teams make big plays and long touchdowns. He's a guy that can do that and you can't have too many.

FWIW, Caple mentioned in an article yesterday that Odunze has seemed to be more reliable as a deep threat than McMillan in fall camp
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,613
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    NEsnake12 said:

chuck said:

McMillan is valuable and important too though. The good teams make big plays and long touchdowns. He's a guy that can do that and you can't have too many.

FWIW, Caple mentioned in an article yesterday that Odunze has seemed to be more reliable as a deep threat than McMillan in fall camp
    I believe it. He's a bigger target with speed.

I like McMillan better as a slot guy. I wish they weren't putting him outside all the time. He doesn't have great hands, but he could get some easier catches and is the kind of guy who can take it the distance.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,707
    NEsnake12 said:

chuck said:

w/ respect
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,979
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Odunze and Bynum seem to be catching TD’s in all the highlights.
  • Options
    hardhathardhat Member Posts: 8,343
    edited August 2021

Sawyer went to a concert and either got the rona or is in some kind of quarantine. Maybe he went with Asa Turner. But he will be out for a while.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I don’t have a problem with that at all. Most teams have two guys that do the heavy lifting. We do need a third and fourth option to emerge, but losing the 2-3 catches per game by McMillan should be easily replaceable.
  • Options
    hardhathardhat Member Posts: 8,343

I don’t have a problem with that at all. Most teams have two guys that do the heavy lifting. We do need a third and fourth option to emerge, but losing the 2-3 drops per game by McMillan should be easily replaceable.
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    I haven't lost confidence in Jalen. The kid hasn't really played yet. Hopefully it's just a minor thing and he'll only miss a couple of weeks
  • Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,803
    Swaye's Wigwam
    This just means bigger classes at the haves and players washing out to the have-nots.