Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Water rationed on the Colorado River to 3 states and Mexico.

Comments

• Options
    GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 5,366
    First Comment 5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes
    They just had monsoon rains... where did the water go?
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,200
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

So, Lake Mead was a 1935 water project when the population of the US was 127 million and the population of California was 6 million. Big water projects built in the West in the last 50 years is like zero while population has sky rocketed. I blame climate change of course.

Another pro-FDR, pro big government poaster heard from.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,934
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

So, Lake Mead was a 1935 water project when the population of the US was 127 million and the population of California was 6 million. Big water projects built in the West in the last 50 years is like zero while population has sky rocketed. I blame climate change of course.

You buy that strawman dinner before the ass phucking started?
  • Options

HHusky said:

Those who expected an explanation of the disconnect are disappointed, I'm sure.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

I'm sure that you defend the lack of actual infrastructure combined with population growth that I pointed out but my post actually contained some numbers and sh*t. It's not my side trying take out the dams on the Klamath River and the Snake.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,445
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I can count on zero hands the number of water projects proposed by big government

I need 7 hands to count all the climate change bullshit and zero growth proponents in government

Getting water from the cascade watershed to the southwest could have been handled before Jesus by the Romans

Too tough for our best and brightest I guess

Let's do it with private industry
  • Options

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

I'm sure that you defend the lack of actual infrastructure combined with population growth that I pointed out but my post actually contained some numbers and sh*t. It's not my side trying take out the dams on the Klamath River and the Snake.
    Personally, I'm just happy you recognize that without the Federal Government, the West is a pretty arid, uninhabitable place. It's almost like you think the Federal Government should be able to do things the Constitution doesn't mention.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,265
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    California's big government has literally been shutting down their water projects from the previous century so there's that at least!
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Personally, I'm just happy you recognize that without the Federal Government, the West is a pretty arid, uninhabitable place. It's almost like you think the Federal Government should be able to do things the Constitution doesn't mention.
    Seems like water is a part of interstate commerce. Once again, not a lot of evidence you have a license to malpractice law. Building a dam is actual infrastructure that works. Sort of like the interstate highway system that we stopped building and improving for some reason. Not quite like requiring everyone to own a EV which is on your party's list of sh*t that doesn't work and very few people want. Sort of like your view of why you don't pay your fair share of taxes - because no one makes you. What a putz.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,862
    Can't build reservoirs we'd all die! Delta Smelt need billions of gallons for a non-native species. This is how the left operates. Destroy everything and then claim they can fix it. Like green electricity none of this bullshit works. It's all part of their end game dreams.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Pinal County farmers got fucked yo
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Sledog said:

Can't build reservoirs we'd all die! Delta Smelt need billions of gallons for a non-native species. This is how the left operates. Destroy everything and then claim they can fix it. Like green electricity none of this bullshit works. It's all part of their end game dreams.

It's not the building part that is so frustrating. It's the tearing things down part. The greens want the existing dams taken down. Just like they want operating nuclear facilities shuttered. All generally paid for facilities which produce reliable base load electricity with no CO2 emissions. Then they tell us that we are luddites.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,862

Sledog said:

It's not the building part that is so frustrating. It's the tearing things down part. The greens want the existing dams taken down. Just like they want operating nuclear facilities shuttered. All generally paid for facilities which produce reliable base load electricity with no CO2 emissions. Then they tell us that we are luddites.
    That too! I guess they want to live in the dark. They're not too bright.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    Too bad Gray Davis wasn’t still Governor. Sounds like it could be almost time to negotiate a new water deal.

On second thought we have Kate and Jay who can’t even agree on a fucking bridge across the Columbia.