Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

US suspends evacuation flights from Kabul airport

Comments

• Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye said:

Good that they NOW have a plan to get some security forces on the ground and relocate 30K people who helped us. Of course hundreds of them will likely be dead by then, but I do genuinely appreciate that the Admin is realizing what a colossal fuck up this was and is trying to do something to unfuck it. Many many will people will have died needlessly by the time this gets unfucked though.

I suppose trying to remedy the mistake is a lot better than doubling down and insisting it wasn't a mistake in the first place. But fuck.
  • Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,328
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Good that they NOW have a plan to get some security forces on the ground and relocate 30K people who helped us. Of course hundreds of them will likely be dead by then, but I do genuinely appreciate that the Admin is realizing what a colossal fuck up this was and is trying to do something to unfuck it. Many many will people will have died needlessly by the time this gets unfucked though.

I suppose trying to remedy the mistake is a lot better than doubling down and insisting it wasn't a mistake in the first place. But fuck.
    Oh yeah. I want to see our friends and allies live. We can do name calling again next week. Come up with some plan that doesn't result in 20,000 Afghans getting killed and then deal with the finger pointing later. The old better late than never approach, but at this point it is easier said than done. Airfield will have to be retaken, many many of the Afghans will have been caught and killed by the time we can secure it, a virtual certainty US forces are lost trying to reestablish some semblance of control. It's a mess.

While we are at it could someone locate all the weapons and equipment caches we left laying everywhere and drone strike that shit so our Afghan friends aren't killed by the Taliban with our weapons? FFS. It's like the entire US Government is mostly brain dead right now.
    Its too late.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    This makes Benghazi look like a peaceful protest.