Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

If the coach's pole had any honor they would send a delegation to Oregon and apologize

Comments

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,586 Swaye's Wigwam
    How's @Jaredsawyer CBD company doing? Did he have to fall back on his financial services career?

Did he figure out that receding hairline?

He appears to be hitting a bit of dead end with his Oregon degree. SAD!
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,049 Standard Supporter

I'm getting tired of seeing those same four teams on top

Brock is right, this shit is becoming unwatchable. We? are addicts who are pot committed and will continue to tune in to watch yet another meaningless Kraft Fight Hunger campaign. Whatever, you won't lose us.

But new fans? Casually interested fans? Hard to see them giving a shit when the parity gap gets blown open even wider with every passing year and the truly unique aspects of college football continue to get watered down. It's a sport that's fast becoming NFL-lite, with much worse athletes, and none of the competitiveness that makes the NFL so appealing in the first place.
    The nfl has far more parity. At the end of the day I would like to see more teams too, but not at the expense of the best teams. The top 4 are definitely consistently better than the rest of cfb. Just have to beat them.

Georgia came close. LSU broke through. They need more consistency though.

• QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,294 Swaye's Wigwam
    ntxduck said:

thechatch said:

Haha aTm

Whenever I see the logo I immediately think ass to mouth
    When I switch to the BBC channel it’s very disappointing.
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,451 Founders Club
    Every team above Zeros except for Cincinnati and maybe North Carolina would name the score on the Ducks if they wanted to.

If he's talking about overall Pac-12 disrespect.... See same comment above. Still applies.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163

Brock is right, this shit is becoming unwatchable. We? are addicts who are pot committed and will continue to tune in to watch yet another meaningless Kraft Fight Hunger campaign. Whatever, you won't lose us.

But new fans? Casually interested fans? Hard to see them giving a shit when the parity gap gets blown open even wider with every passing year and the truly unique aspects of college football continue to get watered down. It's a sport that's fast becoming NFL-lite, with much worse athletes, and none of the competitiveness that makes the NFL so appealing in the first place.
    The nfl has far more parity. At the end of the day I would like to see more teams too, but not at the expense of the best teams. The top 4 are definitely consistently better than the rest of cfb. Just have to beat them.

That's my point, the NFL emphasizes parity and enforces it at every opportunity.

Cfb is an anarchist sport that continues to loosen already loose reins on the little parity that did exist. "Just have to beat them" is a little late. Nobody has beat them and we're going into year 7 of the same teams dominating the sport with no long-term challengers in sight.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    Mad_Son said:

trublue said:

Preseason polls are mostly meaningless . . . This season’s more than ever, particularly for the PAC-12 teams (after the abbreviated clusterfuck last year).

Wrong.

Preseason polls either have some predictive capability or worse yet, are meaningful because they help determine who makes the playoff because they influence who gets attention all season long.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/2021-08-02/how-ap-preseason-football-poll-predicts-college-football-playoff?amp
    This, if UW was not ranked in 2016. Not sure we get the nod
  • thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 6,050
    With the questions at QB, I’m not sure Oregon is a top 10 team, but it may not matter with how good the OL and defense is expected to be.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,049 Standard Supporter

That's my point, the NFL emphasizes parity and enforces it at every opportunity.

Cfb is an anarchist sport that continues to loosen already loose reins on the little parity that did exist. "Just have to beat them" is a little late. Nobody has beat them and we're going into year 7 of the same teams dominating the sport with no long-term challengers in sight.
    I get that, but punishing the teams for being too good and trying to control the money they make and dumb it down so the handicapped programs can compete is stupid too. Care more. Be better.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,754 Founders Club

thechatch said:

With the questions at QB, I’m not sure Oregon is a top 10 team, but it may not matter with how good the OL and defense is expected to be.

Expected by who?
    Everyone
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,601
    thechatch said:

Our OL is good? I think the D will be really solid, esp cuz avalos was clearly checked out last year. But idk if I’d call an OL starting a walk on really good
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,356 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2021
    haie said:

How's @Jaredsawyer CBD company doing? Did he have to fall back on his financial services career?

Did he figure out that receding hairline?

He appears to be hitting a bit of dead end with his Oregon degree. SAD!

The CBD business…..that is an All-Timer.

He used the term SoCal when moving

Good luck Young Samurai
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,356 Swaye's Wigwam
    thechatch said:

Defense is FAT
  • thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 6,050
    HuskyJW said:

thechatch said:

Defense is FAT
    FUCK.
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,325 Swaye's Wigwam
    ntxduck said:

thechatch said:

Our OL is good? I think the D will be really solid, esp cuz avalos was clearly checked out last year. But idk if I’d call an OL starting a walk on really good
    Does Tyler Shough play defense?
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,594 Founders Club

Then beat them
    Poulsbo RV isn't walking in the door anytime soon to throwing out $500K endorsement deals.
    UW has always led the league in why we can't

Nothing has changed with us
    Not always. Our slush funds in the early 50s were as good as anyone out west.

Hell, Lou Gellerman's 1958 crew that beat the commies in Leningrad couldn't even race at IRA's that year because the entire AD was on probation.
    That's actually a story that many people don't know about. John Cherberg gets fired and then rats out the UW slush fund to Sports Illustrated. Hey Mike Vorel, that would be a good off-season piece for you next year.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,222
    thechatch said:

Someone tell me how many 10 win seasons Aggie has had in the last 30 years.

Whenever I see them in the top 10, I get a chuckle

They were 8 - 1 last year and finished ranked #5.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,222

The 4-team playoff locked those schools in and shut everyone else out. Made recruiting way too easy for the have's. I think expanding the playoff will help, but schools like UW still need a culture change around the sport to take advantage.
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,601

thechatch said:

Someone tell me how many 10 win seasons Aggie has had in the last 30 years.

Whenever I see them in the top 10, I get a chuckle

They were 8 - 1 last year and finished ranked #5.
    Started 5 seniors on the OL, 4 year starter at qb, and didn’t beat anyone of note all year (Florida at home probably their best win and that UF team wasn’t great). Played one legit team and lost 52-24. So yes, when those stars align again maybe they’ll finish top ten