Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Your picks for breakout player(s) and disappointments?

GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
Founders Club
For breakout I'm going to say Kevin King. I'm banking on him earning the starting job. I loved his H.S. highlights and he hits all the metrics I look for in high potential DBs. He's fast as fuck and plays with swagger.

For disappointment I'm going to Feeney. He has flashed brilliance the past few years but IMO has never put it totally together. He's slowish and I wouldn't get surprised if he gets passed up on the depth chart. Hope I'm wrong. Either way it will be interesting. Or something. Fuck off.

Comments

• Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
  • Options
    seatownfunkseatownfunk Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 802
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'll go with Kasen as the breakthrough

and Jude as the disappointment
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Gladstone said:

For disappointment I'm going to Feeney. He has flashed brilliance the past few years but IMO has never put it totally together. He's slowish and I wouldn't get surprised if he gets passed up on the depth chart. Hope I'm wrong. Either way it will be interesting. Or something. Fuck off.

lolwut?

What do you base this off of? Feeney is slowish? Feeney had the 3rd fastest 40 time during the Spring Combine at 4.44 (behind Ross and Hall). Feeney was our best defensive player in the Spring Preview, able to cover the flat in zone defenses and able to stay with the slot WR in man-coverage (as much as the TV camera shows). He was able to shed off OL blocks and was a sure-tackler, wrapping up and bringing players to the ground rather than this new-age bullshit of ramming a guy with your shoulder (though he did that a lot as a freshman).

He might not have put things together as a freshman or sophomore, but he's a junior now and I think he's going to be a bright spot on our D for the next 2 years. To be honest, I think Feeney will excel next year similar to when Aiyewa moved from SS to OLB in 2010.

Feeney's SPARQ is alien
  • Options
    chrisvashonchrisvashon Member Posts: 627
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Dwayne Washington. Kid is a freak of nature.

Bust? Shaq Thompson. Good player, but the 5-star accolades mean he'll never live up to the hype.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2014
    Breakout player- Ross and Washington on offense, and Kelly, Berria on defense.

Disappointments- Kasen Williams. I'm worried about his leg/foot injury. Even if he's healthy enough to play, how improved will he be with limited off season work? Luckily we don't need him until September 27th. Mickens and Ross are plenty good to carry the load before conference play begins. If Kasen is healthy, those 3 should make a great trio. I think we will have a really good offense this year.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If Kasen "bounces back," yada yada yada....15 anoh
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    The season will ride on Van Winkle.

Ask Aubbie.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited July 2014
    Breakout: Feeney - say he puts it all together and puts up an all conference year. He's bigger, stronger and hopefully healthier. With real coaching he is going to blow up. Plus, Girl Meets World just came out. It's destined to be Feeney's year.

Disappointment: Kasen Williams - He's been overrated since day one. If the injury saps any of his athleticism he becomes extremely ordinary. Really hope I'm wrong because a big strong number one receiver would help Miles a ton, but I think we're really going to miss Stringfellow.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,169
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I agree on Timu.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    String at Mississippi
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,198
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

String at Mississippi

Not listed on roster

olemisssports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/ole-m-footbl-mtt.html

I know I know...Ole Miss Sports is your source?

• Options
    fivehundredmileDAWGfivehundredmileDAWG Member Posts: 1,212
    Name Dropper 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Van Winkle is still the sleeper.

Callier will be disappointing as he will be lost in depth.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,761
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2014
    +Darrell Daniels
    - Kikaha
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,637
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'll bite. I won't list any disappointments, because I am a positive DAWG.

Offense: John Ross - Speed speed speed!!
    Defense: Andrew Hudson - Last chance for him, and he always had potential. I think he has a good year.

This kind of stuff is a crap shoot, though. Who knows what will happen after a coaching change and 8 months in the weight room?