Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I'm sure (almost) of one thing

Comments

• Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,025
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    haie said:

Early September Apple Cups sponsored by Climate Pledge Homeless Shelter will special.

i dont think youre too far off here.

boofs/rooms do it at mile high each year. do it at at THE LUME (iltcit) and have tickets go to chaz or some shit.
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The Pac was always stronger than the B12 and ACC in every category except one top team for the past few years. Get off your knees
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,519
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Canadawg said:

The Pac was always stronger than the B12 and ACC in every category except one top team for the past few years. Get off your knees

Yeah I hate that he's probably going to drop a game and then give the top 2 teams a bye before some road game or against a rival or the other top seed. It's a good business move but weak shit that the SEC does that. Let the dice roll and give Bama a tougher schedule every other year. It doesn't matter that they stomp everyone, the 4th ooc tune up game is nauseating and shitty for the players and fans. And really, the coaches.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

This website is ridiculous.

UW is a top 20 program by all metrics. It brings a massive media market, history of success, big fanbase, legit stadium etc.

There is not a world that exists where UW gets fucked out of a "superconference" merger.

Too much money is at stake for the University, which has shown a commitment to improving the program since the Ty Willingham cratering.

A lot of poasters have the perception that UW is a top 10 blueblood from an expectations perspective, while on the other hand treating UW like the KSU, okie lites, and WVUs of the world when it comes to realignment.

Yall need to get your shit together, grab the significant other, and take a walk on the beach

This. We are NOT a Top 10 blue blood. Never have been. We ARE a legit top 20 program rather easily. No other program west of Austin could put 65,000 to 69,000 in Husky Stadium after Owen 12.
    Tickets distributed?
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,117
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Baseman said:

No matter how the realignment shakes out, when the music stops, UW will be left standing, with its dick, vag parts in hand.

Her comments will include something along the lines of "We're more concerned about OUR student athletes and that's what we will focus on. We have an amazing tradition and a great fan base that will always support our student athletes."

I for one will turn to my wife at that point.
    wife?
  • Options
    Founders Club

UW is a top 20 program by all metrics. It brings a massive media market, history of success, big fanbase, legit stadium etc.

There is not a world that exists where UW gets fucked out of a "superconference" merger.

Too much money is at stake for the University, which has shown a commitment to improving the program since the Ty Willingham cratering.

A lot of poasters have the perception that UW is a top 10 blueblood from an expectations perspective, while on the other hand treating UW like the KSU, okie lites, and WVUs of the world when it comes to realignment.

Yall need to get your shit together, grab the significant other, and take a walk on the beach

This. We are NOT a Top 10 blue blood. Never have been. We ARE a legit top 20 program rather easily. No other program west of Austin could put 65,000 to 69,000 in Husky Stadium after Owen 12.
    On the other hand, no other program west of Austin has had an Owen 12, either
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,966
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    whlinder said:

I think her biggest accomplishment to this point is stealing Stanford's women's rowing coach who turned around and won a natty for us.

Rowing matters to UW, like a lot, but the next 50 years of college athletics are going to be determined in the next 50 days, and we're in a weaker position that we should be because of her negligence towards football and overall athletic positioning during her tenure, and she doesn't have the vision or attitude required to navigate what's coming.

Row boat is always there as my fallback plan.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

True, but no college team has even managed Owen 12 and a top 4 finish in the same 9 year stretch.
  • Options
    Founders Club

True, but no college team has even managed Owen 12 and a top 4 finish in the same 9 year stretch.
    I think we finished #3 in 2000
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,462
    Swaye's Wigwam

Behind a team we beat
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Top 20 is a stretch anymore

- massive media market. Potentially sure but the west coast doesn't GAF about football anymore with the exception of the 12's which is dying as Carroll is dying
    - history of success. Like Minnesota or Army? One cfp ass ramming and some blowouts on NYD is hardly success. Not in my book anyway.
    - big fanbase. Too lazy to look up attendance numbers but I go to the games and see waves of empty seats. Hardly.
    - legit stadium. See above. They actually dropped the seating from 72k to 70k for a reason. Should've made it 60k.

HTH.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,451
    TommySQC said:

- massive media market. Potentially sure but the west coast doesn't GAF about football anymore with the exception of the 12's which is dying as Carroll is dying
    - history of success. Like Minnesota or Army? One cfp ass ramming and some blowouts on NYD is hardly success. Not in my book anyway.
    - big fanbase. Too lazy to look up attendance numbers but I go to the games and see waves of empty seats. Hardly.
    - legit stadium. See above. They actually dropped the seating from 72k to 70k for a reason. Should've made it 60k.

HTH.

Here is a good argument for Top 20: http://www.winsipedia.com/washington
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Behind a team we beat
    That would have beat us by 2 TDs on a neutral field later in the year.

I miss old Husky Stadium. The new one just can't get it done.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Behind a team we beat

Winners win and we won

Take away a couple of long runs post of the day yella
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,630
    Swaye's Wigwam

Behind a team we beat

Winners win and we won

You're both right.

*Our winners shouldn't have been losers at Oregon though, then there'd be no need to disagree.
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TommySQC said:

HTH.

I'm tingling with suspense waiting to see your list of 20 stronger programs than UW
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

Behind a team we beat

Winners win and we won

You're both right.

*Our winners shouldn't have been losers at Oregon though, then there'd be no need to disagree.
    I was there. Very frustrating game that ended with the ball in Tui's hand and a less than one score lead. UW never had it that day. I blame the Miami hangover
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Behind a team we beat

Winners win and we won

Ol' Yella has won A LOT for Worshington. I know what winners win looks like.

I'm simply being objective and pouring one out for my ded homie @creepycoug .
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,630
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

Behind a team we beat

Winners win and we won

You're both right.

I was there. Very frustrating game that ended with the ball in Tui's hand and a less than one score lead. UW never had it that day. I blame the Miami hangover
    I had to listen to that one. All I remember was it seemed like Gilby had no answer for Oregon stacking the box. He kept running into it and Tui kept throwing into it.

Sounds kinda familiar.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

chuck said:

Behind a team we beat

Winners win and we won

You're both right.

I had to listen to that one. All I remember was it seemed like Gilby had no answer for Oregon stacking the box. He kept running into it and Tui kept throwing into it.

Sounds kinda familiar.