Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Tokyo Summer Olympics

Yeah, that’s what I thought.

Comments

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,657
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Billy Mills was stellar. @RaceBannon was there.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Anyone know what channel is broadcasting Olympic events with Americans competing?

Is it in HD?
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Simone Biles quit on her team because she's too mentally weak. Pathetic.

In most sports we call that the yips. Not sure why it's now being turned into some giant expose on mental health. Sometimes the pressure gets to you and you lose it. End of story.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,958
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    This is offensive to people with real mental health issues. You get through the team events at the very least.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,702
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    She better remove the goat from all her outfits.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,702
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    So I’ve read that she felt that she would give her team a better chance of winning and wouldn’t risk injury.

Imagine being a nascar driver being like “no, just not feeling it today” at the Daytona. Imagine Russ getting ready for a Super Bowl and thinking “man, I’m the goat but my heads just not in it today.” Call it toxic masculinity, being sexist, or just being a heartless asshole. She pussied out on arguably one of the biggest stages ever. Name one fucking man that’s done that, other than rapp.

Everyone is applauding her like she’s some kind of fucking hero, so courageous, and daring.

Fuck her, fuck this DEI society we live in, and fuck you.

I hope the US loses the medal count so the rest of the world can see what a bunch of throbbing vaginas we’ve? Become.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,958
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

So I’ve read that she felt that she would give her team a better chance of winning and wouldn’t risk injury.

Imagine being a nascar driver being like “no, just not feeling it today” at the Daytona. Imagine Russ getting ready for a Super Bowl and thinking “man, I’m the goat but my heads just not in it today.” Call it toxic masculinity, being sexist, or just being a heartless asshole. She pussied out on arguably one of the biggest stages ever. Name one fucking man that’s done that, other than rapp.

Everyone is applauding her like she’s some kind of fucking hero, so courageous, and daring.

Fuck her, fuck this DEI society we live in, and fuck you.

I hope the US loses the medal count so the rest of the world can see what a bunch of throbbing vaginas we’ve? Become.

This is the lesson I taught my kids tonight minus the vagina references and stuff.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Karch Kiraly is an all-tim sports name. ATBS, not blowing China outta the court. Wtf. Jordan Thompson deserves to be a star of Olympics
    Standard Supporter

Karch Kiraly is an all-tim sports name. ATBS, not blowing China outta the court. Wtf. Jordan Thompson deserves to be a star of Olympics

Oh, I’m watching a replay. US 3-0
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,394
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    If I was her teammate I would never speak to her again.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,707
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2021
    Standard Supporter

I'm not unsympathetic to Simone I'm just not overly sympathetic. Her spotlight is 2 weeks every 4 years. She worked her whole life for those two weeks. So it's kind of sad that she couldn't FINISH. But that's her choice

Its the talking heads that are annoying me now. You don't preach to wage slaves like myself who spent decades going to work every day and did not always feel like it. At all. Yet we endeavor to persevere.

She did what she did. It's not particularly courageous. It is what it is

Without really knowing anything at all about the details, I'm quite sympathetic to her. One does not get to her level without significant resolve. If something's going on to overcome that resolve, it must be substantial. I think most of the furor is due to third-parties billboarding her relentlessly the last month or two. The narrative of this Olympics is clearly Woman First, and she is the First Woman of it. Thus, the snapback is harsher.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,707
    Swaye's Wigwam

I'm not unsympathetic to Simone I'm just not overly sympathetic. Her spotlight is 2 weeks every 4 years. She worked her whole life for those two weeks. So it's kind of sad that she couldn't FINISH. But that's her choice

Its the talking heads that are annoying me now. You don't preach to wage slaves like myself who spent decades going to work every day and did not always feel like it. At all. Yet we endeavor to persevere.

Without really knowing anything at all about the details, I'm quite sympathetic to her. One does not get to her level without significant resolve. If something's going on to overcome that resolve, it must be substantial. I think most of the furor is due to third-parties billboarding her relentlessly the last month or two. The narrative of this Olympics is clearly Woman First, and she is the First Woman of it. Thus, the snapback is harsher.
    That and some of us having our fill of being told what to think about everything. I have no issue with her being the face of the Olympics

It is also generational. I'm from the rub some dirt on it pussy generation. My dad and older brother would have beat me senseless for quitting

Now I'm not saying that didn't cause issues. I just self medicate them away. We were also told that no one will feel sorry for us so shut up
    Standard Supporter

That and some of us having our fill of being told what to think about everything. I have no issue with her being the face of the Olympics

It is also generational. I'm from the rub some dirt on it pussy generation. My dad and older brother would have beat me senseless for quitting

Now I'm not saying that didn't cause issues. I just self medicate them away. We were also told that no one will feel sorry for us so shut up
    Me neither. She earned it. Next woman up, Jordan Thompson.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,394
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Imagine making 3 on 3 basketball an Olympic sport. Why not 1 on 1? That'd be more entertaining and would bring out the best NBA players.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Why not cooking?