Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Torres' Take: Oregon Football Recruiting Isn't Where it Needs to be

Comments

• greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    He’s not wrong. Goals of competing for the conference title and national title are not the same.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,730
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mario is a great recruiter

Every Husky fan says so
  • dOgmasterdOgmaster Member Posts: 560
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    That was a good article. I would think that being in the top 10 consistently would be enough to get to the playoffs. If Oregon can do that fairly regularly they may be able to get into the top 5 in recruiting rankings. But still it will be hard to ever beat out the usual top 5. Honestly, it may take a Natty or two to reach that level, and I am not holding my breath for that.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited July 2021
    dOgmaster said:

That was a good article. I would think that being in the top 10 consistently would be enough to get to the playoffs. If Oregon can do that fairly regularly they may be able to get into the top 5 in recruiting rankings. But still it will be hard to ever beat out the usual top 5. Honestly, it may take a Natty or two to reach that level, and I am not holding my breath for that.

Especially being the in the Pac 12. It's been over a decade and USC is still in program dementia. There isn't a single dominant program in the Pac 12 . A top 10 recruiting class year after year should most years get you a Pac 12 sweep, especially if a lot of that talent is in the trenches like Mario is starting to do. Then you avoid the big boys in the non conference. Schedule two mid/lower tier power 5's and one MWC team every year. Get an non conference schedule like (Illinois, Nevada, and Wake Forest) every year. You marginalize your risk, but also get credit for two additional power 5 wins. You get almost the same resume as the (Ohio St., Portland St., Nevada) type schedule, with much less risk.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Looking at this Oregon Cal replay I'd say Meat needs to take some scholarships away.

Undisciplined on defense, Cal recruits just running all over you. 5 star linebacker is on skates every other play. Kavon looking as overrated as ever.