Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Dave Iuli, 2022 4* OL, Puyallup (HS), WA (Offered)

Comments

• Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,099
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Take it to the “Long Term Idiot” Board!!!
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Baseman said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Who doesn’t PGOS get into whiny pissing matches with?

Real fans
    If you actually read my post that ruffled your feathers so much, I didn't say I wanted the Huskies to lose. I said I didn't want Jimmy to win because in my mind he's dropped the ball way too many times on basic stuff. He steps into a great position and the 1 thing he has done well is keep that initial class together that Pete bailed on. His recruiting has been subpar and that was supposed to be a strong point.
    You want the Huskies to win but you want their head coach to lose.

That makes perfect sense, thanks for clearing that up.

"He steps into a great position and the 1 thing he has done well is keep that initial class together that Pete bailed on. His recruiting has been subpar and that was supposed to be a strong point."

Like I said, youre a recrooting doog. It's okay to admit it, there are a lot of your ilk.

You want a new shiny Sark like coach to bring the sizzle and the 4 stars.

Non recrooting doogFS posters understand that winning the fucking games is all that matters at the end of the day. Could care less if it was a roster full of 5 stars or a bunch of 2 star walkons.

Not only that, they understand that as momentum builds within a program, recruiting improves. Iowa State is signing 4 stars now because their coach won the fucking games.

I know this is difficult to grasp. I really do. You like the excitement of teenage drama and you oogle over pictures of 17 year olds.

UW is a program where the momentum stalled in 2019, then a global pandemic hit. Many people, including recruits, are in wait and see mode in regards to the program. Myself included.

A big 2021 season, beating Michigan, winning the conference, will spell better recruiting moving forward.

A runner up, 9-3 type season may or may not be cause for concern.

Anything less than that and fire Jimmy.

Fucking idiot. Hth.
    Recruiting is vital, but I’ve never given a shit about three seasons from now. I expect to be good this season and that’s all I really care about, or at least what I care about most.

Losing Ebuka and JTT is bad. We need to get the elite guys that are right there. I don’t really give a shit about the rest of the guys.
    Recruiting matters. Just not as much as good coaching. Our best season in 30 years was with a bunch of fringe top 25 type classes.

The results worsened as the recruiting inched closer to the top 10.

Its better to have higher ranked recruits than the alternative. But you can win, especially in the Pac 12, with borderline top 25 talent.

Even against Bama, I will die believing scheme was the biggest issues
    This is true on the Pac level but not on a national level, but even by this standard you should be concerned. Jimmy isn't recruiting at that level. The only thing that kept his 2021 class in that range was having Sam who didn't commit to Jimmy. Jimmy has taken 23 commitments from kids who signed here or haven't decommitted yet. Only 5 of those are 4 star kids. None are five stars. 21% four stars isn't going to get the job done consistently and sustainably.

That would be concerning anytime.

It's especially an issue given the high level of in state talent of the classes in question.

UW didnt have the same talent Penn State or Ohio State did.

But the talent didnt lose them those games. The team starting sluggish, due mostly to the offensive scheme, was the problem

When UW finally woke up and the playcalling got dialed in, combined with desperation, made the final scores within one possession

Talent matters, but you dont have to out talent those teams to win. We were recruiting at the fabled 40% blue chip rate and went fucking 8-5, right @RaceBannon

If Jimmy wins he will be legitimized and the recruiting will greatly improve. Not worried about it.

If he loses, he gets fired and this is moot.
    We didn't lose because of talent, because our 2016-18 teams were extremely talented. Recruiting rankings are not the same as talent. But in order to reliably be as talented as those teams you have to recruit better.

The amount of good players we got from the early Pete classes was a miracle, it's not something that's easy to replicate. 3*s aren't magically coached up better than 4*s. Just because we built a great team in 2016 with 3*s does not mean it's likely to happen again! I don't know why this is so hard to understand.
    Christ.

My point is that coaching is much more important than whether starters are 3 stars or 4 stars.

3 stars get coached up all the time to be better than the 4 stars they are competing with, either on their own team for a roster spot or on the other team on Fall Saturdays

I dont know why this is so hard to understand
    You can do more with more PGOS, come on.
    Washington did that. Once

And we? are still paying for it 30 years later

Its a culture and the culture is the greatest setting and some winning but not too much and leave the cash at home when recruiting

That lesson was ignored 20 years ago and we are still paying for that too

I don't accept that the mildly competent soft fucking loser Petersen is the best we could hope for here. Nick Urban Day Switzer is the best we could hope for

Why we don't is where your angst should be directed
    Some of the most vocal here -- Hi @PostGameOrangeSlices -- are happy with a 9-3 Alamo winner.

You guys are the definition of delusional old timer message board fans. Which is great, it's funny, but its the truth. Im a fan of the truth and tend to live in reality here in my advanced age of nearly 30.

This fucking program has done nothing except for a flash in the pan Rose Bowl trophy in 30 years, and a playoff participant trophy.

Pac 12 titles are pretty meh with how the conference has performed...but lets stretch reality a bit and say that UW has 4 conference titles in 30 years.

That is the program youre a fan of. This isnt Alabama or Ohio State. This is a B tier program that will probably remain a B tier program. Hell, it nosedived to a D tier program for 10 years!

So yeah, a second year head coach gets to stick around after a 9-3 season. I wouldn't celebrate it, but Id be willing to give him year 3 to win the conference or LEAVE

Learn the fucking difference
    UW record since Natty:

Bama since 1992:

Ohio State since 1992:

USC since 1992:

Oregon since 1992:

UW leveling up on that Clemson trajectory: UW's Sark/Pete/Jimmy WP of 64% approaching Clemson's 69% WP
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,331
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Before Dabo "Clemsoning" was a thing

Clemson always lost the important games by choking up

There is always hope with the right coach. Imagine Dabo in Seattle though. Amend to say right coach and right kind of coach
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

There is always hope with the right coach. Imagine Dabo in Seattle though. Amend to say right coach and right kind of coach

As the closest thing we have to a Clemson superiority guy now that the honorable marketing professor no longer resides here, I don't think Clemsoning was ever a term before Dabo. it was a thing in the first good chunk of the Dabo era at Clemson though.

This is my favorite article on Clemsoning.

Clemsoning? More like Oregoning

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

As the closest thing we have to a Clemson superiority guy now that the honorable marketing professor no longer resides here, I don't think Clemsoning was ever a term before Dabo. it was a thing in the first good chunk of the Dabo era at Clemson though.

This is my favorite article on Clemsoning.

Clemsoning? More like Oregoning

Great point. We would have fired Dabo before he stopped Clemsoning. It was key losses to the teams they had to beat

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

Baseman said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Real fans
    If you actually read my post that ruffled your feathers so much, I didn't say I wanted the Huskies to lose. I said I didn't want Jimmy to win because in my mind he's dropped the ball way too many times on basic stuff. He steps into a great position and the 1 thing he has done well is keep that initial class together that Pete bailed on. His recruiting has been subpar and that was supposed to be a strong point.

"He steps into a great position and the 1 thing he has done well is keep that initial class together that Pete bailed on. His recruiting has been subpar and that was supposed to be a strong point."

Like I said, youre a recrooting doog. It's okay to admit it, there are a lot of your ilk.

Non recrooting doogFS posters understand that winning the fucking games is all that matters at the end of the day. Could care less if it was a roster full of 5 stars or a bunch of 2 star walkons.

Not only that, they understand that as momentum builds within a program, recruiting improves. Iowa State is signing 4 stars now because their coach won the fucking games.

I know this is difficult to grasp. I really do. You like the excitement of teenage drama and you oogle over pictures of 17 year olds.

UW is a program where the momentum stalled in 2019, then a global pandemic hit. Many people, including recruits, are in wait and see mode in regards to the program. Myself included.

A big 2021 season, beating Michigan, winning the conference, will spell better recruiting moving forward.

Fucking idiot. Hth.
    Recruiting is vital, but I’ve never given a shit about three seasons from now. I expect to be good this season and that’s all I really care about, or at least what I care about most.

Losing Ebuka and JTT is bad. We need to get the elite guys that are right there. I don’t really give a shit about the rest of the guys.
    Recruiting matters. Just not as much as good coaching. Our best season in 30 years was with a bunch of fringe top 25 type classes.

Its better to have higher ranked recruits than the alternative. But you can win, especially in the Pac 12, with borderline top 25 talent.

This is true on the Pac level but not on a national level, but even by this standard you should be concerned. Jimmy isn't recruiting at that level. The only thing that kept his 2021 class in that range was having Sam who didn't commit to Jimmy. Jimmy has taken 23 commitments from kids who signed here or haven't decommitted yet. Only 5 of those are 4 star kids. None are five stars. 21% four stars isn't going to get the job done consistently and sustainably.

It's especially an issue given the high level of in state talent of the classes in question.

But the talent didnt lose them those games. The team starting sluggish, due mostly to the offensive scheme, was the problem

When UW finally woke up and the playcalling got dialed in, combined with desperation, made the final scores within one possession

Talent matters, but you dont have to out talent those teams to win. We were recruiting at the fabled 40% blue chip rate and went fucking 8-5, right @RaceBannon

If Jimmy wins he will be legitimized and the recruiting will greatly improve. Not worried about it.

We didn't lose because of talent, because our 2016-18 teams were extremely talented. Recruiting rankings are not the same as talent. But in order to reliably be as talented as those teams you have to recruit better.

The amount of good players we got from the early Pete classes was a miracle, it's not something that's easy to replicate. 3*s aren't magically coached up better than 4*s. Just because we built a great team in 2016 with 3*s does not mean it's likely to happen again! I don't know why this is so hard to understand.
    Christ.

My point is that coaching is much more important than whether starters are 3 stars or 4 stars.

3 stars get coached up all the time to be better than the 4 stars they are competing with, either on their own team for a roster spot or on the other team on Fall Saturdays

Its a culture and the culture is the greatest setting and some winning but not too much and leave the cash at home when recruiting

I don't accept that the mildly competent soft fucking loser Petersen is the best we could hope for here. Nick Urban Day Switzer is the best we could hope for

Some of the most vocal here -- Hi @PostGameOrangeSlices -- are happy with a 9-3 Alamo winner.

You guys are the definition of delusional old timer message board fans. Which is great, it's funny, but its the truth. Im a fan of the truth and tend to live in reality here in my advanced age of nearly 30.

Now we know why you’re a fucking idiot
    Shut up Tequilla
    You’ve been a long term idiot as well … you have little room to talk in support of PGOS
    Jesus dude. Read the room.

You are the original long term idiot.

Lets take the gloves off. Lets roll.

Htfh
    I read the room just fine …

I don’t need validation from idiots like you and Haie to feel good about myself

You don’t want the gloves to come off … trust me
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Calm down turbo
  • Options
    TrumpsWallTrumpsWall Member Posts: 464
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    What happened to creep? @dnc @yellowsnow.
  • Options

Calm down turbo

I’m calm
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Viva la revolución!
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,549
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

Baseman said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Real fans

Fucking idiot. Hth.

Christ.

Shut up Tequilla
    You’ve been a long term idiot as well … you have little room to talk in support of PGOS

Htfh

You keep responding so it seems like you do. Responding to both me and grandpa Race.

Calm down Turbo.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    FireCohen said:

@Tequilla and @PostGameOrangeSlices just oil up and get fucking already

You want to take the condom off, FireCohen? You want to lube me up after a pissing match? Let's do it. Let's roll.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,481
    Swaye's Wigwam

Take it to the “Long Term Idiot” Board!!!

Long term idiot with a lot of hate in my life!!!!
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,481
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

Baseman said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Real fans

Fucking idiot. Hth.

Christ.

Shut up Tequilla

Htfh

:D
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,914
    Swaye's Wigwam

It’s complicated
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

Baseman said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Real fans

Fucking idiot. Hth.

Christ.

Shut up Tequilla

Htfh

I don’t think he cares whether the gloves come off. You’re arguing about teen boys.

You’re not Mike Tyson in his prime. Although if you were boxing, that would be putting the gloves on.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

Baseman said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Real fans

Fucking idiot. Hth.

Christ.

Shut up Tequilla

Htfh

I don’t think he cares whether the gloves come off. You’re arguing about teen boys.

You’re not Mike Tyson in his prime. Although if you were boxing, that would be putting the gloves on.
    Mike Tyson wouldnt run zone in pickup basketball
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

haie said:

Tequilla said:

Baseman said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Real fans

Fucking idiot. Hth.

Christ.

Shut up Tequilla

Htfh

I wouldn’t waste my time taking the gloves off on him