Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

If FSP and Heir never existed…

How would things be different?

Comments

• Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,003
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Less talent in state. They’ve drawn more attention to local players but lake is too fucking stupid to create a pipeline. He thinks udub matters and is a national brand. It’s not even a regional brand.

Show up at these events to massage Ford and Reggies ego. Then turn one or two of their guys into day one draft picks. Then just gurgle.

#fucklake
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,298
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Well there would be some other 7on7 team, because there are teams everywhere now.

But regardless, I don't think much would be different. They aren't pushing kids to leave the state, they aren't the reason we can't recruit.
  • Options
    RealRhinoRealRhino Member Posts: 615
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Well there would be some other 7on7 team, because there are teams everywhere now.

But regardless, I don't think much would be different. They aren't pushing kids to leave the state, they aren't the reason we can't recruit.

Agree some other grifter would have filled the void by creating useless bullshit workouts and preying on kids, but disagree about the claim they don’t hurt our recruiting. I know they don’t *owe* the UW anything, but they could show a little more discernment when it comes to touting the offers one of “their” guys gets.

They shout it from the rooftops when a local kid gets a USC offer, for example, even though they must know Helton sucks and going there actually harms the kid’s chances. Ditto treating Oregon as if it’s as good as Washington. It’s not, but they want to promote themselves more than helping kids, IMO.

The most hurtful thing is their promotion of out-of-state programs as if they’re better than Washington. They tweet so breathlessly that a guy “is going to be a NATIONAL recruit!” Are there programs that have had better football success? Of course. But that doesn’t make them better. FSP/Heir are like a friend who makes you miserable bc you’re in a great relationship with a 7 who treats you great, is drama-free and is good for you, but they keep pushing that you can do better and points out all these 9s that you should be with bc they’re hotter wo considering whether they’re actually better *for you*.

Fuck Those Grifters
  • Options
    rustysavagerustysavage Member Posts: 942
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Idk what they could do to create a pipeline (they did hire Tracy's bro btw) with either program that wouldn't backfire fairly often.

Sell out for one and quite likely be shut out by the other.

Sell out for one and then be forced to take guys we don't want just to "maintain" the relationship.

End up looking like even bigger pussies than usual when they inevitably forget about our plan as soon as Saban or Dabo or any USC or quacks coach shows up.

Like someone said earlier... this shit is just AAU basketball. U gotta be a weirdo or a piece of shit to make ur "career" a never ending cycle of jock sniffing teens. The training is whatever. Not much ground breaking stuff goin on at these places.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Idk what they could do to create a pipeline (they did hire Tracy's bro btw) with either program that wouldn't backfire fairly often.

Sell out for one and quite likely be shut out by the other.

Sell out for one and then be forced to take guys we don't want just to "maintain" the relationship.

End up looking like even bigger pussies than usual when they inevitably forget about our plan as soon as Saban or Dabo or any USC or quacks coach shows up.

Like someone said earlier... this shit is just AAU basketball. U gotta be a weirdo or a piece of shit to make ur "career" a never ending cycle of jock sniffing teens. The training is whatever. Not much ground breaking stuff goin on at these places.

Peddlers of broken dreams, 81% of the tim.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,003
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2021

Less talent in state. They’ve drawn more attention to local players but lake is too fucking stupid to create a pipeline. He thinks udub matters and is a national brand. It’s not even a regional brand.

Show up at these events to massage Ford and Reggies ego. Then turn one or two of their guys into day one draft picks. Then just gurgle.

#fucklake

There isn’t more talent because of FSP and Heir. They help kids get discovered and do give them another platform to be found by college coach. Training year round is mostly good too, although there are drawbacks to it as well.

Tracy has done a great job building his brand. I still think he’s mostly a grifter and his ego is enormous, but I don’t know shit.
    So training all yr or almost all year doesn’t make you better thus creating more talent?

Ok!
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

#fucklake

There isn’t more talent because of FSP and Heir. They help kids get discovered and do give them another platform to be found by college coach. Training year round is mostly good too, although there are drawbacks to it as well.

Tracy has done a great job building his brand. I still think he’s mostly a grifter and his ego is enormous, but I don’t know shit.
    So training all yr or almost all year doesn’t make you better thus creating more talent?

Ok!
    Good players would train all year anyways. It’s not really a new concept. High school teams have been doing it for a long time.

Training with pros and with other talented peers probably does help motivate some and makes them better. I don’t think there is substantially more PAC 12 level talent because of Tracy Ford and FSP.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,729
    Swaye's Wigwam

#fucklake

Ok!
    Good players would train all year anyways. It’s not really a new concept. High school teams have been doing it for a long time.

Training with pros and with other talented peers probably does help motivate some and makes them better. I don’t think there is substantially more PAC 12 level talent because of Tracy Ford and FSP.
    We to go to Steven's Field in the summer to watch the Oly Bears put in the summer work
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    edited July 2021
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,132
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Yep. There goes Tracy REPRESENTIN’ for the HOME STATE!