Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Benjamin Morrison, 2022 3* DB, Phoenix (Brophy College Prep), AZ (Offered)

Comments

• Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Doug said:

Love that we are going with the “well they haven’t signed yet….let’s talk in December” thing again. We are supposed to buy the “year of the flip” crap again? How did that work out last year.

We are crap salesman. That’s the deal right now. And we can’t hold Harris accountable despite him being a full time assistant with recruiting responsibilities because he is only now the “LEAD DBs coach?” Horseshit. Ask Alabama or Ohio state or Oklahoma or Our friends at Oregon if it’s okay if an assistant coach cant recruit but “it’s only year 5 in the program”. UO dumps them if they can’t pull. Mario works harder at recruiting than anyone else on his staff, but Jimmy’s above all that now

Wake me when our school takes this shit seriously. Otherwise we are looking at a bunch of 7-5, 8-4 seasons once the 19 and 20 classes move on

Yep.

Jimmy's going to do really well this season and people will rush to crown him.

This won't end well.
    It’s really the giant red flag elephant in the room thing with Jimmy

Early success is just going to have him double down more on his smartest person in the room mindset that is going on in the football offices right now

Maybe he is and you have to hope that that’s true

But there’s really no way around saying that him and his staff are getting their shit pushed in on the recruiting trail
    Smartest person in the room who loves getting his ass kissed
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    NEsnake12 said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Doug said:

Love that we are going with the “well they haven’t signed yet….let’s talk in December” thing again. We are supposed to buy the “year of the flip” crap again? How did that work out last year.

We are crap salesman. That’s the deal right now. And we can’t hold Harris accountable despite him being a full time assistant with recruiting responsibilities because he is only now the “LEAD DBs coach?” Horseshit. Ask Alabama or Ohio state or Oklahoma or Our friends at Oregon if it’s okay if an assistant coach cant recruit but “it’s only year 5 in the program”. UO dumps them if they can’t pull. Mario works harder at recruiting than anyone else on his staff, but Jimmy’s above all that now

Wake me when our school takes this shit seriously. Otherwise we are looking at a bunch of 7-5, 8-4 seasons once the 19 and 20 classes move on

Yep.

This won't end well.

Early success is just going to have him double down more on his smartest person in the room mindset that is going on in the football offices right now

But there’s really no way around saying that him and his staff are getting their shit pushed in on the recruiting trail
    Guy continues to talk like an illiterate douchebag yet keeps whiffing in every recruiting battle that matters. FTG.
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,410
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Dawgman mods right now: Will Harris helped JL land McDuffie, Gordon, and Julius Irvin

Also Dawgman mods right now: Will Harris has only been the DB coach for 4 games. He needs more time!

Line one reply: lol lol lol lol lol lol lol
    Line two reply: That sounds on point for doogman. The sheep will buy any excuse, doesn't matter what it is.

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    NEsnake12 said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Doug said:

Yep.

This won't end well.

Full season, eh?

• Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,213
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

NEsnake12 said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Doug said:

Yep.

This won't end well.

Guy continues to talk like an illiterate douchebag yet keeps whiffing in every recruiting battle that matters. FTG.
    I read it in a Russian accent
  • Options
    HireBRoyHireBRoy Member Posts: 77
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    It's becoming impressive how bad harris and brown are. Not sure how much to put on lake, but he definitely deserves some blame. Washington should be top 10 in DB recruiting every year
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,063
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HireBRoy said:

It's becoming impressive how bad harris and brown are. Not sure how much to put on lake, but he definitely deserves some blame. Washington should be top 10 in DB recruiting every year

If my employees aren’t closing business who do you think is getting questioned? If I don’t coach my reps up or out, whose ass do you think it is?

This is 100% on Lake. If you want to blame Jen or upper academia as well I’m ok with that for creating a zero accountability work place that really doesn’t give two fucks.
  • Options
    HireBRoyHireBRoy Member Posts: 77
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited July 2021

HireBRoy said:

If my employees aren’t closing business who do you think is getting questioned? If I don’t coach my reps up or out, whose ass do you think it is?

This is 100% on Lake. If you want to blame Jen or upper academia as well I’m ok with that for creating a zero accountability work place that really doesn’t give two fucks.
    I wasn't downplaying Lake's involvement. Hiring and keeping these guys to this point is absolutely on Lake, (which I guess leads to the bad recruiting) but what I'm getting at is I'm interested how involved he is in the recruiting process now as the HC, especially with the DBs. The past couple years UW is middle of the pac12 in DB recruiting, which makes no sense given the recent track record sending DBs to the league and the promotion of Lake, the energetic young black guy who's a "defensive guru." DBs should wanna flock to UW.

I will gladly blame the athletic department for their satisfaction with mediocrity as well.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,339
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Comical how bad our DB recruiting is

I'm hearing that it doesn't really matter because Jimmy is going to be active in the transfer portal.

Also, we have no way of knowing if Morrison was higher up on Harris's list than the guys he hasn't offered yet.
    Given how bad they are at HS recruiting, the portal is really a requirement to get good talent

Really interested at seeing how this plays out in 2-3 years
    So we?'re Oregon State now?
  • Options
    LB_33LB_33 Member Posts: 323

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

I'm hearing that it doesn't really matter because Jimmy is going to be active in the transfer portal.

Also, we have no way of knowing if Morrison was higher up on Harris's list than the guys he hasn't offered yet.
    Given how bad they are at HS recruiting, the portal is really a requirement to get good talent

I’m pretty sure 80% of the bored would kill their dog to get Jonathan Smith to replace Jimmy

• Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,609
    Founders Club
    LB_33 said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

I’m pretty sure 80% of the bored would kill their dog to get Jonathan Smith to replace Jimmy

I wanted to FO this because it's so outrageous, and then it dawned on me that it might be true. Have a chin.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,085
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Says a lot about this bored if true
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,063
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LB_33 said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

I have two cats that TOF loves, take your pick. I prefer you take the one that is literally retarded that shits in the laundry room next to the litter box.

True story… CSB, I know.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,668
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Smith sucks ass.
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,410
    Swaye's Wigwam
    At least we have the answer as to why he doesn't recruit/close anyone with 5 stars or less.

His wet dream was the DB we took in the 21 class that signed and was on campus a week later that had no offers going into June.