Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

VIAC

BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
edited May 2022 in Tug Tavern
Closed out a 3 bagger on this earlier this year. Bought 1,000 shares recently, average of ~$38.

Looks like it may run again. Was trading at 10x 2021 earnings. Historically it’s traded at 13x. 30% upside on getting back to average multiple.

Factor in a possible acquisition from a tech titan and huge discount to overall market, this has a lot of room to run.

They also completed a secondary offering of $3 billion when the shares were at $87 and planned on using the funds for content development. They could also buyback the shares at a significant discount to the secondary price.

Comments

• godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,450 Founders Club
    Talkin my book baseboss. Fair Value imo mid 55-60.

Bought at 25 last May and watched it skyrocket to high of 108 b/4 Hedge Fund Shell Game caught up with a trader. Used sell stops, etc on way up kept taking gains, etc, etc. No doubt my best trade ever.

Founders daughter is Sherry Redstone who I think knows she does not have the capital even remotely necessary to build out her streaming platform (Paramount plus is crappie) and unlike her dad will eventually agree begrudgingly to put the company up for sale. Ironically a jewel in their platform that I like is Pluto. It's the poor man's Roku, but there is ton of content you can watch for free for almost every genre.

Comcast/Peacock needs to buy them for the exact reason that Viacom has and that is lack of content. Stumbling block is they won't be allowed to own both CBS/NBC networks, but I could see someone like Jeff Bezos wanting to have one of the broadcast networks for just finding his lost change in the couch, or if he just decides to spin out AWS.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    edited July 2021
    godawgst said:

Talkin my book baseboss. Fair Value imo mid 55-60.

Bought at 25 last May and watched it skyrocket to high of 108 b/4 Hedge Fund Shell Game caught up with a trader. Used sell stops, etc on way up kept taking gains, etc, etc. No doubt my best trade ever.

Founders daughter is Sherry Redstone who I think knows she does not have the capital even remotely necessary to build out her streaming platform (Paramount plus is crappie) and unlike her dad will eventually agree begrudgingly to put the company up for sale. Ironically a jewel in their platform that I like is Pluto. It's the poor man's Roku, but there is ton of content you can watch for free for almost every genre.

Comcast/Peacock needs to buy them for the exact reason that Viacom has and that is lack of content. Stumbling block is they won't be allowed to own both CBS/NBC networks, but I could see someone like Jeff Bezos wanting to have one of the broadcast networks for just finding his lost change in the couch, or if he just decides to spin out AWS.

Pics of Sherry Redstone?

I watch a lot of Beverly Hillbillies on Pluto.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,754 Swaye's Wigwam
    47.50+ by 7/9… please.

Never done this before, feel like I just threw down 2k at the craps table. Probably should’ve just lit the money on fire instead. At least I would’ve know what I was doing then.

If this goes belly up I’m engraving @backthepack @PostGameOrangeSlices @Baseman, and a couple of you other fucks, on the sword prior to my seppuku ceremony.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,485 Swaye's Wigwam

47.50+ by 7/9… please.

Never done this before, feel like I just threw down 2k at the craps table. Probably should’ve just lit the money on fire instead. At least I would’ve know what I was doing then.

If this goes belly up I’m engraving @backthepack @PostGameOrangeSlices @Baseman, and a couple of you other fucks, on the sword prior to my seppuku ceremony.

Lol
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,754 Swaye's Wigwam

47.50+ by 7/9… please.

Lol
    This is what happens when you tell me to research. Thanks, asshole.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839

47.50+ by 7/9… please.

NO EXTEND YOUR TIME PERIOD
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,575

47.50+ by 7/9… please.

Do you think he realized it was a short trading week, too?
    ntxduck said:

47.50+ by 7/9… please.

Do you think he realized it was a short trading week, too?
    No
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

47.50+ by 7/9… please.

It still could happen!
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    edited July 2021

47.50+ by 7/9… please.

It still could happen!
    Lol

47.50+ by 7/9… please.

It still could happen!
    This feels weird to type but I’m glad I listed to fudgie. Thanks anus angel.

BTW, you a little horny or something fudgie. Posting a lot of skinny big tittied hoes on twatter tonight. Keep it up.

47.50+ by 7/9… please.

It still could happen!

BTW, you a little horny or something fudgie. Posting a lot of skinny big tittied hoes on twatter tonight. Keep it up.
    Lol you following him on twatter?

47.50+ by 7/9… please.

It still could happen!

Carli Jo is different different

47.50+ by 7/9… please.

It still could happen!

Ykw
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,844
    Had a hunch and threw some chump change at SPCE yesterday. It ended up almost 20% with afterhours trading today.

I need to grow some balls is the moral of this sonnet.

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,531 Standard Supporter

47.50+ by 7/9… please.

It still could happen!

Needs more leaked sex tape.
    Kaepsknee said:

Had a hunch and threw some chump change at SPCE yesterday. It ended up almost 20% with afterhours trading today.

Bought 9 calls of AMD 91c for 12/17 yesterday morning at around 89.20. Nearly up to my strike price.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,531 Standard Supporter
    Kaepsknee said:

That does me no good two days later.

Need real time hunches por favor.

Kaepsknee said:

Trust me. You don’t want my hunches.

I don’t do crypto. Have a pretty standard watch list of some up and comers and stalwarts that have been performing well.

And just wait for them to dip and then buy them. I’m an amateur long hauler.
    Kaepsknee said:

Kaepsknee said:

Trust me. You don’t want my hunches.

I don’t do crypto. Have a pretty standard watch list of some up and comers and stalwarts that have been performing well.

And just wait for them to dip and then buy them. I’m an amateur long hauler.
    Fun follow up. Shit is down over 25% since. Even with the big non failure to launch. Bought some moar on Sunday Funday in anticipation of the inevitable bump after said launch.

The ups and downs of that hobby bored are unprecedented fur shur.