Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Robert Horry defends Phil Jackson after Scottie Pippen’s racist claim

Comments

• Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,474
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Pippen went scorched Earth to make a buck after Jordan shit on him in his documentary. I don't blame the guy for trying to make a buck, but think that pulling the racism card is one step too far. He didn't have to go there to get people's attention. Stick with shit talking MJ.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,974
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Pippen went scorched Earth to make a buck after Jordan shit on him in his documentary. I don't blame the guy for trying to make a buck, but think that pulling the racism card is one step too far. He didn't have to go there to get people's attention. Stick with shit talking MJ.

Watching the Jordan interviews and documentary I didn’t think Jordan shit on him. MJ was spot on. And his contract dispute, the migraine game and sitting out vs the knicks were Relevant stories. You couldn’t do the documentary and not address them. Pippen has just always been insecure.

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,926
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Watching the Jordan interviews and documentary I didn’t think Jordan shit on him. MJ was spot on. And his contract dispute, the migraine game and sitting out vs the knicks were Relevant stories. You couldn’t do the documentary and not address them. Pippen has just always been insecure.

It's interesting how one can sometimes project onto someone. I always thought of Scottie Pippen as an Edgar Martinez type of personality. Hard-working, professional, good teammate. He'd speak with the deep voice and measured words.

I had no memory of him refusing to come off the bench following the time out, as I saw in The Last Dance. And the whining. I never saw him that way.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,474
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

None of that stuff about Pippen was relevant to Jordan's doc, IMO. Jordan wasn't even on the team when Pippen refused to go in the game at the end against the Knicks, so why bother showing that? Why harp on the migraine game? MJ just digging for BS that he had to "overcome."
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Scottie's 33 year old son passed away a few months ago. He has not been mentally well since. I am surprised people are taking what he says seriously.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,974
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

None of that stuff about Pippen was relevant to Jordan's doc, IMO. Jordan wasn't even on the team when Pippen refused to go in the game at the end against the Knicks, so why bother showing that? Why harp on the migraine game? MJ just digging for BS that he had to "overcome."
    Why bother? Because the documentary also focused heavily on the team. Including Dedicating massive time to Phil, Dennis and pippen. The pippen refusing to go into the game was one of the weirdest moments I’ve ever seen in sports as far as egos were concerned. It would have been odd to not mention it when they highlighted him.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

It's interesting how one can sometimes project onto someone. I always thought of Scottie Pippen as an Edgar Martinez type of personality. Hard-working, professional, good teammate. He'd speak with the deep voice and measured words.

I had no memory of him refusing to come off the bench following the time out, as I saw in The Last Dance. And the whining. I never saw him that way.
    Jordan retiring exposed Pippen for the Beta that He is. Not only did Jordan make many stiffs tens of Millions of dollars across the league. He gave many others jewelry that wouldn’t have had a chance without him.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited July 2021

Complex dude. Getting this second hand but he could be a great teammate one day and a selfish little bitch the next. The migraine game was one thing but refusing to take the floor after Phil dialed up the play for Kukoc to take the last shot was a punk move.

Scottie signed a shit Club friendly multi-year deal early in his career to take care of his peeps in Arkansas. He got the benefit of the bargain until he got to the point where his first contract would have ended and by that time the market had changed, as it always does. He could have said, Nah, I'll play it out to free agency but he wanted security and Reinsdorf gave it to him.No gun to his head but as soon as he was backwards he turned into a Twat.
  • Options
    Baseman said:

Complex dude. Getting this second hand but he could be a great teammate one day and a selfish little bitch the next. The migraine game was one thing but refusing to take the floor after Phil dialed up the play for Kukoc to take the last shot was a punk move.

Scottie signed a shit Club friendly multi-year deal early in his career to take care of his peeps in Arkansas. He got the benefit of the bargain until he got to the point where his first contract would have ended and by that time the market had changed, as it always does. He could have said, Nah, I'll play it out to free agency but he wanted security and Reinsdorf gave it to him.No gun to his head but as soon as he was backwards he turned into a Twat.
    He did make $100,000,000 after leaving Chicago. And retired in Chicago.

He’s a Beta bitch. Always has been.
  • Options
    Kaepsknee said:

Baseman said:

$65 million and he was past his prime. In his last years in Chicago he was making less than Kukock, Rodman, Harper and Luc Longley
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Baseman said:

Kaepsknee said:

Baseman said:

$65 million and he was past his prime. In his last years in Chicago he was making less than Kukock, Rodman, Harper and Luc Longley
    Dude did sign a contract when people told him he shouldn’t, not like it was not disclosed to him. I hate when athletes make dumb financial decisions and blame others
  • Options
    Baseman said:

Kaepsknee said:

Baseman said:

Disagree.

https://hoopshype.com/player/scottie-pippen/salary/
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Kaepsknee said:

Baseman said:

Kaepsknee said:

Baseman said:

Disagree.

I added wrong. It's 87 million which makes it worse that he made such a pittance during in his Chicago years.

This salary table covers his early years

• Options
    Baseman said:

Kaepsknee said:

Baseman said:

Kaepsknee said:

Baseman said:

Disagree.

I added wrong. It's 87 million which makes it worse that he made such a pittance during in his Chicago years.

This salary table covers his early years

Agree.