Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

‘The Pioneer Woman’: Ree Drummond’s Secret to Perfect Nachos

Comments

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,680
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Somewhere in the past 30 years the entire nacho cheese industry was taken over by tender mouthed morons. When small stores started selling nachos way back in my youth, you could count on some legit flavor and at least medium spice. There was one place in my town who had incredible, very spicy and very flavorful nacho cheese. It had none of that sickly, velveeta/warm milk flavor to it that all nacho sauce seems to have these days. Makes me really sad.

I never saw what brand of canned cheese sauce they had but I have learned how to almost replicate it. I usually just buy a jar of the medium, Tostitos nacho cheese in the chip section. Put it in a sauce pan and add a shit ton of Frank's red hot. Heat, stir, then add more Frank's. When you're sure you have enough spice and zest, add some more Frank's. Keep heating the fuck out of it until it boils and starts drying around the edges. You have to boil out the nasty Velveeta flavor that they contaminate it with for your average trailer park nacho lover.

Now I've shared my secret. I tell you guys everything.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,077
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    chuck said:

Somewhere in the past 30 years the entire nacho cheese industry was taken over by tender mouthed morons. When small stores started selling nachos way back in my youth, you could count on some legit flavor and at least medium spice. There was one place in my town who had incredible, very spicy and very flavorful nacho cheese. It had none of that sickly, velveeta/warm milk flavor to it that all nacho sauce seems to have these days. Makes me really sad.

I never saw what brand of canned cheese sauce they had but I have learned how to almost replicate it. I usually just buy a jar of the medium, Tostitos nacho cheese in the chip section. Put it in a sauce pan and add a shit ton of Frank's red hot. Heat, stir, then add more Frank's. When you're sure you have enough spice and zest, add some more Frank's. Keep heating the fuck out of it until it boils and starts drying around the edges. You have to boil out the nasty Velveeta flavor that they contaminate it with for your average trailer park nacho lover.

Now I've shared my secret. I tell you guys everything.

Now you're venturing off into queso land. Entirely different genre than nachos.

• Options
    LesGrossmanLesGrossman Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,474
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Now you're venturing off into queso land. Entirely different genre than nachos.