Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,836
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I was trying not to be skeptical before the season. Now I'm convinced it's a garbage offense
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,497
    I expected the offense to be limited in 2020 given that Donovan didn't have a spring or real fall camp to install his offense for a RS Frosh to run.

The fact that the reply says that this is what he ran at Vanderbilt and PSU means we're stuck with this until someone gets fired
  • Options
    TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,608
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited June 2021
    Running an offense or a defense by the numbers (down and distance) is obviously intelligent but there is no such thing as “we knew what they were going to run, but they executed so well and the were such animals that we just couldn’t do anything to stop them”

dominating player intensity leading up to big moments in a game and the riverboat gambling aspect of creatively busting tendencies is what defines great to good coaching

Even when it looked like it was going well this has been a defining liability for the last few years so we will see if the staff has the guts and intelligence to demonstrate this level of sophistication

Not to be a Debbie downer, But we haven’t seen it yet so I am not holding my breath
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    There’s truth in this but some things that just don’t pass the smell test to me

Saying we’re predictable in running on early downs is entirely accurate … that absolutely needs to change with more play action and capitalizing on deep shots

Criticizing the use of the TE is insanely FS … if you have someone like Cade you absolutely should be utilizing him

What’s interesting in the analysis is the conclusion that UW was effective offensively …

The bones of what we do can be effective … but we need to tweak a bit how we do it
  • Options
    trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Paragraph 3 . . . Flesh it out.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Helfrich as OC?

Yes, please.

He’s available.

I wonder why.

Puzzling.

• Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,836
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    How will the results look with a roster of walk ons?
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,691
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    NEsnake12 said:

Baseman said:

Tequilla said:

Saying we’re predictable in running on early downs is entirely accurate … that absolutely needs to change with more play action and capitalizing on deep shots

Criticizing the use of the TE is insanely FS … if you have someone like Cade you absolutely should be utilizing him

What’s interesting in the analysis is the conclusion that UW was effective offensively …

The bones of what we do can be effective … but we need to tweak a bit how we do it

UW goes out of 2 TE sets — 12 personnel. Hence the heavy TE usage. Jimmy wants to be Stanford. He all but said so when he took the job. He wanted an offense like the ones that caused him problems.

A jumbo heavy offense can win a finesse weaker Pac 12. When opponents stack the box on Stanford they audible and throw to their jumbo sized WR’s. Remember everyone on this bored who thought Myles Bryant sucked?

Jimmy should have hired Helfrich. Mariotta and Justin Herbert. Back to back. With the roster a year ago and the young linemen Huff brought in, UW instantly becomes a top consideration for the best mobile HS prospects on the West Coast.
    To a degree it worked, the downfield throws were wide ass open. Morris just can’t hit them consistently
    I really don't think this is very accurate. Or more specifically I don't think there's enough evidence to support it yet.

Morris has only played in 4 games. He hit a couple of deep post type routes and showed good ball placement on them (I know those are easier throws). Just from memory, he had two sideline bombs dropped by McMillan and one by Ty Jones. There may have been others. He also had a number of shorter crosses dropped which had real potential to be big gainers. On the stat sheet those look the same as 60 yard throws and the short memories here wouldn't know the difference in hindsight.

The Morris narrative would be completely different if a receiver had made a play on just a couple or even one of the bombs. He didn't throw very many. I wish I had the ambition to put together an analysis. I dont, so I highly encourage someone else to. I'm totally open to taking up the "Morris can't throw deep" narrative if someone proves me wrong.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,231
    Swaye's Wigwam

We won the Pac12 North with a new HC, OC, and QB.

I'll save my outrage for bad results, not for bad predictions.

In particular ESPN cage filler
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    NEsnake12 said:

Baseman said:

Tequilla said:

UW goes out of 2 TE sets — 12 personnel. Hence the heavy TE usage. Jimmy wants to be Stanford. He all but said so when he took the job. He wanted an offense like the ones that caused him problems.

A jumbo heavy offense can win a finesse weaker Pac 12. When opponents stack the box on Stanford they audible and throw to their jumbo sized WR’s. Remember everyone on this bored who thought Myles Bryant sucked?

Jimmy should have hired Helfrich. Mariotta and Justin Herbert. Back to back. With the roster a year ago and the young linemen Huff brought in, UW instantly becomes a top consideration for the best mobile HS prospects on the West Coast.
    To a degree it worked, the downfield throws were wide ass open. Morris just can’t hit them consistently
    It's not just the downfield throws, it's the threat to run. Requires the defense to keep a spy. They can Drop 5 and rush 5, but at least one has to mirror the QB. Much tougher to defend. Gilby was a pioneer for using the mobile/passing QB.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    trublue said:

Over your head.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Baseman said:

trublue said:

Over your head.
    “Jimmy should have hired Helfrich, “Mariotta” and Herbert. Back to back . . .”

You’re dumber than FUCK.

You don’t know shit about Helfrich or the recruitment of the two QB’s you listed,

I was under the misconception that there would be intelligent people on here that would talk college football with some insight.

Carry on, moron.

Bye!

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,691
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    trublue said:

Baseman said:

trublue said:

Over your head.
    “Jimmy should have hired Helfrich, “Mariotta” and Herbert. Back to back . . .”

You’re dumber than FUCK.

You don’t know shit about Helfrich or the recruitment of the two QB’s you listed,

I was under the misconception that there would be intelligent people on here that would talk college football with some insight.

Carry on, moron.

Bye!

You are denser and more tone deaf than DJ and should follow him to whatever quook echo chamber he moved to or started.