Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

JT Tuimoloau, 5* 2021 DL, Bellevue (Eastside Catholic), WA (Offered 9/22/17)

Comments

• Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    LebamDawg said:

Swaye said:

I’ve had this screenshot since December and with feeding JTT on the agenda menu it’s time to delete it from the screenshot folder.

JTT: Coach Saban, LA had all this fancy food and I...
    Saban: We have chicken sandwiches and this year I had six first round draft picks.
    JTT: num num num this is a delicious chicken sandwich.

Interesting move with having media and big gathering at the airport. His family didn't want that at USC, which they made sure not to do. One quote that stood out his trip to Washington was "I would say it was a great trip outside of football too, it was very organized, very well prepared and it showed they really knew us as people, what we liked and what we desired the most, everything was planned, you could tell they mapped us out, knowing what we liked as people, our mindset and vision." And that's what I heard from a couple of people close to him; Washington killed the visit because they understood what he and his family wanted. The visit really impressed the whole family, so curious how OSU plans his visit.

This got me thinking. I read that tOSU's entire staff showed up to the airport wearing Hawaiian shirts, leis, and all the other stuff. Of course Coach Pete had his famous Tommy Bahama shirt, but at what point is this pandering insulting to the kid and his parents? Clearly the family realizes that these white hick Ohio football coaches are only wearing this stuff and putting on this obnoxious show for the recruitment of the kid. I mean, if Sonny Sixkiller was being recruited today, surely the coaches wouldn't be showing up in warpaint carrying tomahawks. But really, what's the difference?
    @Swaye what say you?
    White slavery is the only solution.

You know half the people in here caught wood deliverance style
    only half?
    #RIP
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

I’ve had this screenshot since December and with feeding JTT on the agenda menu it’s time to delete it from the screenshot folder.

JTT: Coach Saban, LA had all this fancy food and I...
    Saban: We have chicken sandwiches and this year I had six first round draft picks.
    JTT: num num num this is a delicious chicken sandwich.

Interesting move with having media and big gathering at the airport. His family didn't want that at USC, which they made sure not to do. One quote that stood out his trip to Washington was "I would say it was a great trip outside of football too, it was very organized, very well prepared and it showed they really knew us as people, what we liked and what we desired the most, everything was planned, you could tell they mapped us out, knowing what we liked as people, our mindset and vision." And that's what I heard from a couple of people close to him; Washington killed the visit because they understood what he and his family wanted. The visit really impressed the whole family, so curious how OSU plans his visit.

This got me thinking. I read that tOSU's entire staff showed up to the airport wearing Hawaiian shirts, leis, and all the other stuff. Of course Coach Pete had his famous Tommy Bahama shirt, but at what point is this pandering insulting to the kid and his parents? Clearly the family realizes that these white hick Ohio football coaches are only wearing this stuff and putting on this obnoxious show for the recruitment of the kid. I mean, if Sonny Sixkiller was being recruited today, surely the coaches wouldn't be showing up in warpaint carrying tomahawks. But really, what's the difference?
    Yes, that.

On the other hand - you have a group of grown men who make a combined dozen million dollars each year, in high profile jobs, pandering to your 18 year old son.

If I’m Sonny Sixkiller’s parents and I see them degrading both themselves and our culture by making smoke signals while wearing headdresses I ask them just one question: how many wampum are you willing to pay for signed NLI?
    Maybe missing the point. That would work for your croots that want attention and are working the cloutter but obviously JT is a business man

• Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,114
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    "I loved it, it was a very good trip, getting to come out here with all my family," said Tuimoloau. "The people around us on the trip were very genuine and a first class act altogether. I always felt like they shot it straight with us."

From the second they landed in Columbus, Tuimoloau said they were impressed.

"It was crazy, waking up at 4am, we were all pretty tired, then we get off our second flight and we're getting out and we go 'man, that’s a lot of red', so we were pretty surprised," said Tuimoloau. "The whole coaching staff, didn’t know they would all be at the airport, so it was very surprising how much they showed they cared."

Tuimoloau was hosted on his visit by defensive lineman Haskell Garrett, a West Coast native and he spent a lot of time with him.

"Haskell and I talked about a bunch of things," said Tuimoloau. "We talked about coach (Ryan) Day, his experience at Ohio State, coming out from (the West Coast), everything. I asked him a lot of questions and he was real, and that was what I appreciated the most."

Tuimoloau also spent time with his good friend and former HS and 7v7 teammate, Gee Scott Jr., on the visit.

"I hung out with Gee and that was good," said Tuimoloau. "We were also with Kyle McCord, and I talked with Zack Harrison, Jack Sawyer and Javontae Jean-Baptiste. I was with them mostly on Friday and it was good, we got good feedback from everyone and that was cool to talk about everything, not just football, but everything."

Through all the calls and Zooms, since it was Tuimoloau's first time in Columbus, it was also his first time meeting in person with Ryan Day and defensive line coach Larry Johnson.

And he was even more impressed in person.

"Coach Johnson, man, that guy is very smart, he really knows what he's doing," said Tuimoloau. "Talking to him in person, you just know, he knows what he's doing. You can see it, how he's producing. It's kind of hard to put it in words, but he's the kind of get who gets you there to where you want to be. He talks with you about all of the little things, he sees things you don't see and breaks them down. There is a reason why you see a lot of his players in the league making a name for themselves. That guy is just real."

He was just as impressed with defensive coordinator Kerry Coombs.

"Man, coach Coombs, he's just a high energy guy," said Tuimoloau. "He has energy no matter what time it is, he's a spark, but he also has a switch. He's a lot like me, I'm very mellow off the field but then on the field, I can flip a switch and he knows when to flip the switch. He knows how to get you going."

There was plenty of time with the head coach, Ryan Day, on the visit.

"It was really fun talking to coach Day and talking to him first hand," said Tuimoloau. "We had some great talks, some football, some non-football. We had dinner and just talked with him. You can see what kind of guy and coach he is. He was just a great guy and it was great all-around."

While the trip was mostly football related, he was able to talk with basketball coach Chris Holtmann.

"I got to talk with him and he said they're ready and open for me to come in and play basketball whenever football season ended," said Tuimoloau.

The visit also allowed for Ohio State to talk NIL with Tuimoloau.

"They have a direction they want to go and they said they were headed right in the direction," said Tuimoloau. "They have a plan in place for NIL and and know what they're going to do so whenever it's all set, they're ready to take off as soon as the NCAA is ready."

Given it was his first time in Columbus, Tuimoloau said he liked what he saw from the town.

"It was very different from Seattle or Los Angeles, but it’s also really like Washington, just hotter," said Tuimoloau. "But it's good to get away from the rain. Columbus had great food, really great food. It's kind of funny, it looks like it's in the middle of nowhere, but the city isn’t far from campus. You have full access to wherever you need. It's like a college town but with the big city."

Tuimoloau said he liked seeing all the facilities.

"We went into the stadium and man, that thing was big," said Tuimoloau. "But it was cool to actually see it, I always see it on TV and it's packed and big, so it was crazy to just see it when it's empty. And the facilities, they were great. What was surprising was the people working in them, the staff managing it. They were great, they were top notch, and you know you can get top notch work in the facilities because they people were very top notch."

Since it was his first time there, Tuimoloau didn't know what to expect going in to it, but he said the visit surpassed what he had expected.

"It surpassed them, most definitely," said Tuimoloau. "This is why they were in my top five. I was honestly excited, they surpassed what ever expectations I had before. I was looking forward to what they had and they had everything we wanted and needed."

With the third official visit wrapped, Tuimoloau now heads into his last week of official visits.

And the turnaround is immediate, with Tuimoloau flying directly from Columbus to Eugene to start his official visit to Oregon late tonight.

COMMENTS
    He'll be in Eugene until Wednesday morning, then he'll return to his Seattle-area home to recover from being on the road every day since last Monday (when he started the USC official).

On Friday, he'l head out for his fifth, and final official visit, this one to Alabama, where the defending national champions get their crack at him before the dead period resumes.
  • Options
    bluechipuwrecruitsbluechipuwrecruits Member Posts: 394
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Sounds like he enjoyed going to Ohio State.
  • Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    He’s been complimentary of all of them.
  • Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943

Baseman said:

animate said:

(Reads usc trip report) .... there's a restaurant called "crustacean"?

It's an upscale "chain" of sorts. There's one in San Francisco that I've been to, and I think another in San Jose, IIRC. The food is incredible. It's the kind of place with no prices on the menu, and an attendant in the bathroom. One of the best meals I've ever had.
    Mods?
    I defer to @huskyhooligan with these matters.
    Fuck that place. They didn't like my idea of special guest bathroom attendant, and said my vision for their bathroom didn't fit what they meant by bathroom attendant. I showed them the spreadsheet about how my presence at the Duchess on Tuesday nights greatly increased sales and repeat customers, but they weren't hearing it. Honestly, now that I think about it, they weren't keen on me wearing my vintage Bark for Sark armpit-less husky tshirt! Always gotta represent fellas! WOOF!

My favorite part about the Duchess is you get a bunch of 70 year olds from Roosevelt and Blanchet that will tell you about the time they were the 3rd man off the bench when they won Metro in ‘73
  • Options

Baseman said:

We? Sounds ominous. We?’s are vulnerable to bags.
    If a bag is needed, my phone line is open. For JTT, I can make it happen.
    How many bitcoins are you gonna give him off your fake drug fortune?
  • Options
    edited June 2021

Hey you jock sniffers. Let’s not run him again. I don’t care if he bats .500 or even .250. He’s not any of those doogman fucks and doesn’t have a shriveled hairy upper lip.

We have far more worthless and annoying fucks here. Go run one of them, not suggestion you run me.

I like to pretend he’s our? Insider, that’s what I like to do.

Don’t ruin this for me.

Like we say, no. If me @RaceBannon and @backthepack gotta run him out again then that’s life
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Hey you jock sniffers. Let’s not run him again. I don’t care if he bats .500 or even .250. He’s not any of those doogman fucks and doesn’t have a shriveled hairy upper lip.

We have far more worthless and annoying fucks here. Go run one of them, not suggestion you run me.

I like to pretend he’s our? Insider, that’s what I like to do.

Don’t ruin this for me.

Like we say, no. If me @RaceBannon and @backthepack gotta run him out again then that’s life
    Agree. Sup faggot @sonics1993
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Not a huge shock … but he gone
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Baseman said:

"I was looking forward to what they had and they had everything we wanted and needed."

That says it all.

There were a number of interesting quotes in there
  • Options
    bluechipuwrecruitsbluechipuwrecruits Member Posts: 394
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    He is gone for sure now.
  • Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,268
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
  • Options
    Beno4LifeBeno4Life Member Posts: 533
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Baseman said:

"I was looking forward to what they had and they had everything we wanted and needed."

That says it all.

Really? I thought this said it all:

“…it’s also really like Washington, just hotter," said Tuimoloau.