Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Davon Banks, 2021 3* DB, San Jacinto (HS), CA (Committed)

Comments

• animateanimate Member Posts: 4,230
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Okay, how tall is Jimmy? And is that pre or post-chiropractor? We need to put this height question to bed.

is jimmy hat like 5'10 ish? that means banks is somewhere around 5'11"ish. Jimmy is leaning over a bit and he may or may not be wearing Hoka's
  • mrdoogmrdoog Member Posts: 203

6” 180 runs a 10.78 apparently? Not a bad depth guy.

He’s closer to 5’10 160

• UDubHusky23UDubHusky23 Member Posts: 889
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

looks taller than mccutcheon whos listed at 5'10 on 24/7
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,701
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Harris still a beotch.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2021

Beno4Life said:

Sweet UW player gear, Adidas. No wonder why no big time dude wants to come here. #FacePalm
    A real program that Adidas took seriously would have team colored Yeezy’s, the Yeezy slides, etc. Alabama and Clemson would get all of that if they Adidas schools.
    Adidas gave us the contract Nike wouldn't, realized that having a piece of the Northwest was overrated, saw what ASU has done for them, and said fuck it.

They are riding this out.
  • AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,977
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

6” 180 runs a 10.78 apparently? Not a bad depth guy.

I like my corners taller than six inches. But that's just me.
    I do not, for one, think that the problem was that the band was down. I think that the problem *may* have been, that there was a Stonehenge monument on the stage that was in danger of being *crushed* by a *dwarf*. Alright? That tended to understate the hugeness of the object
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,587
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Beno4Life said:

“He was off the radar, honestly,” Biggins said. “It’s kind of embarrassing to admit that, right? He’s in my own backyard, essentially. Southern California is my region. I had heard about him as a sophomore, and then he completely fell off for me.

“So (after the injuries and postponed senior season) he was kind of just out of sight, out of mind. Then all of a sudden I’m seeing that he committed and my first thought was, ‘Oh, I remember that guy from a couple years ago. That’s a pretty solid preferred walk-on for UW.’ Then I go, wait, this is actually a commitment. I hit up (defensive backs coach) Will Harris at UW. And he’s like, ‘No, he’s a dude for us.’”

“I did some background and went out and watched his season highlights with one of our guys from Texas who’s on our rankings team, and we’re both going, ‘This guy is, like, legit. He’s got length. He’s fast. He’s quick. He has ball skills. He has short-area burst. This guy has almost everything you could possibly want,’” Biggins said.

“We’ve always been big on two-sport athletes, but especially if you’re a skill guy, that verified speed you see in track. He goes out and he ran a 10.78 (100 meters). So he’s 6 feet, long arms, 10.78, making plays with the tape on. He essentially was someone who we were trying to figure out, ‘How high can we rank this guy without ever seeing him live and in person?’”
    I dont think he's 6' but maybe. I know he has looks pretty long arms, has good hands, and is fast as fuck. I think he is too small to be an outside corner and too skinny to be a slot corner or safety. He might actually be similar in height to McDuffie but that dude is animal strong and it makes up for his lack of height and length. Great slot defenders tend to be compact but more stocky like Molden or the Oklahoma transfer.

Keep Harris away from him. I think he is a touchdown machine as a John Ross type receiver and return man. I'm not saying he's Ross don't twist.
  • BreadBread Member Posts: 3,967
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I'd put Lake at a solid 5'8-¾

• SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,793
    Swaye's Wigwam
    "I hit up (defensive backs coach) Will Harris at UW. And he’s like, ‘No, he’s a dude for us.’”

Are coaches allowed to talk about recruits to "experts"?
  • Beno4LifeBeno4Life Member Posts: 533
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    chuck said:

Beno4Life said:

“He was off the radar, honestly,” Biggins said. “It’s kind of embarrassing to admit that, right? He’s in my own backyard, essentially. Southern California is my region. I had heard about him as a sophomore, and then he completely fell off for me.

“So (after the injuries and postponed senior season) he was kind of just out of sight, out of mind. Then all of a sudden I’m seeing that he committed and my first thought was, ‘Oh, I remember that guy from a couple years ago. That’s a pretty solid preferred walk-on for UW.’ Then I go, wait, this is actually a commitment. I hit up (defensive backs coach) Will Harris at UW. And he’s like, ‘No, he’s a dude for us.’”

“I did some background and went out and watched his season highlights with one of our guys from Texas who’s on our rankings team, and we’re both going, ‘This guy is, like, legit. He’s got length. He’s fast. He’s quick. He has ball skills. He has short-area burst. This guy has almost everything you could possibly want,’” Biggins said.

“We’ve always been big on two-sport athletes, but especially if you’re a skill guy, that verified speed you see in track. He goes out and he ran a 10.78 (100 meters). So he’s 6 feet, long arms, 10.78, making plays with the tape on. He essentially was someone who we were trying to figure out, ‘How high can we rank this guy without ever seeing him live and in person?’”
    I dont think he's 6' but maybe. I know he has looks pretty long arms, has good hands, and is fast as fuck. I think he is too small to be an outside corner and too skinny to be a slot corner or safety. He might actually be similar in height to McDuffie but that dude is animal strong and it makes up for his lack of height and length. Great slot defenders tend to be compact but more stocky like Molden or the Oklahoma transfer.

Keep Harris away from him. I think he is a touchdown machine as a John Ross type receiver and return man. I'm not saying he's Ross don't twist.
    I hear that. But he's bigger and faster than Myles Bryant was at this stage.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Microanalyzing hips, height, and ankles from Twitter pictures. We're back baby!