Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    3* is generous
    SAN JACINTO — The San Jacinto football team successfully swung the Mountain Pass League pendulum to the east a season ago by breaking Citrus Hill’s 13-year run as league champion.

On Saturday, the Tigers and Davon Banks made sure it didn’t swing back.

Banks scored three touchdowns as the host Tigers built a 28-point, third-quarter lead and triumphed to a 35-21 victory over the Hawks.

The win establishes San Jacinto as the prohibitive favorite in the Mountain Pass League, moving forward.

“It’s a great thing for our program,” San Jacinto coach Aric Galliano said. “The kids have worked hard. I’ve had these seniors all four years, and a good way to send them off was winning this game. As juniors last year, they ended the streak for (Citrus Hill) at 13 years, and we’re hoping to continue.”

Banks, a senior defensive back and receiver, has yet to find a college home for next year. He certainly helped his chances by catching four passes for 171 yards and scoring on pass plays of 39 and 85 yards while also returning a 92-yard kickoff for a score. He also had two other touchdowns negated by penalties, including a would-be, 99-yard interception return in the fourth quarter.

“I do it on both sides of the ball, offense and defense,” Banks said, “and I was able to do it today on special teams, a well.”

Banks’ kickoff return gave San Jacinto (4-1, 3-0 league) a 14-7 lead with 2:58 left in the first quarter. In the second quarter, he made a sensational, one-handed grab at the sideline, then reversed field and cut across for an 85-yard score with 4:33 left in the first half.

Tigers senior Kobe Ramirez opened the third-quarter scoring with a 39-yard touchdown, and freshman quarterback Sebastian Wood found another freshman, Dillon Gresham, for a 15-yard touchdown pass with 2:05 left in the third quarter.

Anybody know anything about the league San Jacinto is in?
  • Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,286
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    With the last season mostly being cancelled there are definitely going to be a lot of guys who fall through the cracks that shouldn't have.

Having said that, I don't know. He looks small
  • Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,942
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

With the last season mostly being cancelled there are definitely going to be a lot of guys who fall through the cracks that shouldn't have.

He’s fast? I’m grasping at straws over here but what do I know I’m just a sweat pants Cheeto dusted college football bored poster.
    Watched is hudl. Everyone looks tiny. Banks doesn't look any bigger. Seems to have decent instincts. Doesn't appear to be exceptionally quick, fast or agile for his size.

First DB commit we've had that I'm completely perplexed by.
  • ROOFDOOGINSROOFDOOGINS Member Posts: 266
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Crap. Please delete my post. I missed above.
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Hmm. He's a good player and he is fast. Seems like an upper tier pwoof candidate not a scholarship guy though. This is the kind of 2* that Sark filled position groups with when he didn't feel like recruiting that position.

I think he's a slot receiver and ST guy if his future includes getting on the field at UW.
    chuck said:

Hmm. He's a good player and he is fast. Seems like an upper tier pwoof candidate not a scholarship guy though. This is the kind of 2* that Sark filled position groups with when he didn't feel like recruiting that position.

I think he's a slot receiver and ST guy if his future includes getting on the field at UW.

Yeah I like him better at slot wr than at nickel
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,428
    So he's joining the team this Friday?

Surprised he didn't even get a FCS or other scholarship by NLI day
  • Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,942
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Will be interested to see what his official height / weight is once he is on campus
  • louism2washlouism2wash Member Posts: 330
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    From his hudl you can tell that he has great speed. He pulls away from other guys and it looks like he's giving about half as much effort as the guys chasing him. Shows a willingness to come down hill and hit. Shows decent agility... at minimum this guy has high athletic upside.