Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

It turns out passing and turning both directions are both legal in racing: Two-wheeled motorsports

1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,300
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
Swaye's Wigwam
Today's moto-roundup:

Another racer has died on-track, with Swiss Moto3 rider Jason Dupasquier crashing at the really fast Mugello turn 9 last Sunday and being run over by the following bike. Fourth rider in the circus to die on track since I started following in 2005.

In other news, a rare opportunity to watch professional racing up close and personal in our own home state (for those who haven't left Washington) is coming at the end of the month. On the weekend of June 25th to 27th, AMA Pro Superbike series (and support classes) will be racing at The Ridge in Shelton (Google "Ridge Motorsports Park"). I was just there last Sunday for a track day, and the improvements they're making to the facilities are amazing. There is now a pedestrian bridge over the straight to viewing areas on top of the ridge. These viewing areas mean there is now viewing access (most of it pretty damned up close and personal) to every turn on the track but 4 and 5. My kids were pretty stoked to watch from up there. MotoAmerica is also pretty open with their paddock, allowing fans to get really up close and personal to the bikes and mechanics while they're working on the bikes.

If you haven't seen roadracing live,

It'll blow your mind. If you have kids, it'll REALLY blow their minds. Hit me up via PM for directions to my TRMP glory hole if you're going.

Bonus: Short drive to the Wigwam Tavern.

Comments

• Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I haven't been out there yet. We used to hunt coyotes on the hill the park is built on now. Had to walk uphill in both directions to get there.

I might have to go check this out. Thanks for the heads-up.