Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

This Is Why Snakes Are Afraid of Mantises

Comments

• Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,454
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    We don't have them that big here but they are not afraid of anything. The native ones are nowhere near as aggressive as the long winged ones which we see much less often in GA.

We have wolf spiders which freak me out much more. If they get pissed they will get on their hind legs and charge you.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,100
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

We don't have them that big here but they are not afraid of anything. The native ones are nowhere near as aggressive as the long winged ones which we see much less often in GA.

We have wolf spiders which freak me out much more. If they get pissed they will get on their hind legs and charge you.

Do wolf spiders jump? When I lived in Tennessee we had jumping spiders and I think someone called them wolf spiders. Nothing will freak you out more than walking through your garage minding your own damn business and all of a sudden a fucking spider jumps across the room.
  • Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,454
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Wolf spiders are about the size of a quarter maybe a bit bigger. I don't know about jumping but they are fast as shit when pissed and they will bite. The bite is like an annoying mosquito bite but just the thought of them sinking fangs into your skin is a bit much.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,418
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Wolf spiders are about the size of a quarter maybe a bit bigger. I don't know about jumping but they are fast as shit when pissed and they will bite. The bite is like an annoying mosquito bite but just the thought of them sinking fangs into your skin is a bit much.

All-knowing Stalin always assumed you lived in Bend, Oregon.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,142
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Never known wolf spiders to jump. Probably killed one a week in my house growing up. it was habit to scan all the seams/corners of my bedroom every time I entered because they were around so much. Often quarter sized, the biggest ones I remember were as big as a coaster and do the hind legs thing, fuck that shit.

less spiders in North Texas, but more mosquitoes and flies in general.
  • Options
    GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 5,487
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Meh... try cleaning black widows from your pool cave every year... f that!
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,559
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Wolf Spider with egg sack