Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Sir Mells, 2022 3* DT, Henderson (Liberty), NV (Considering options)

Comments

• ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,512
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited June 2021
    thechatch said:

thechatch said:

Mario’s ability to recruit and put guys on the draft is pretty far down my list of things that concern me. In-game management and a propensity to meddle in play calling to satisfy his desire to be a “physical” football team are much higher up the list.

If he takes the reins off of Moorhead, Oregon should win 10 games in their sleep this year, regardless of who they send out to take snaps, because Shough was broken well before the Cal game last year.

I know this was ages ago but it feels like only last year that it was a given that the Ducks would easily go undefeated on the Pac and Shough would likely be a Heisman finalist
    Anyone who said Tyler Shough was going to lead Oregon to an undefeated season and a Heisman doesn’t deserve oxygen.
    Shots fired @DJDuck @fishduck
  • lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

This thread all but guarantees that Mells goes all-conference.

This place really is a treasure. All realistic Husky fans were driven out of the pay sites.

ntxduck said:

thechatch said:

Mario’s ability to recruit and put guys on the draft is pretty far down my list of things that concern me. In-game management and a propensity to meddle in play calling to satisfy his desire to be a “physical” football team are much higher up the list.

If he takes the reins off of Moorhead, Oregon should win 10 games in their sleep this year, regardless of who they send out to take snaps, because Shough was broken well before the Cal game last year.

I know this was ages ago but it feels like only last year that it was a given that the Ducks would easily go undefeated on the Pac and Shough would likely be a Heisman finalist
    Literally no one outside of dj thought Shough would be a heisman finalist
    You must not have read anything about his heroics in garbage time against USC or his amazing spring game performance.
    Shough looked good at times last year too. He just always threw to the other team down the middle or to anywhere Hedyon Hector was.

• dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,701
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    lawsandl said:

This thread all but guarantees that Mells goes all-conference.

This place really is a treasure. All realistic Husky fans were driven out of the pay sites.

ntxduck said:

thechatch said:

Literally no one outside of dj thought Shough would be a heisman finalist
    You must not have read anything about his heroics in garbage time against USC or his amazing spring game performance.
    Shough looked good at times last year too. He just always threw to the other team down the middle or to anywhere Hedyon Hector was.

The back of the truck...? Weird place to throw to.
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    This thread…

• KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046

Rumor is that Lanning just noticed this kid was still on their commit list and politely told him to fuck off. Pretty hilarious if true.

If true, I am pretty sure everyone on this board predicted he was gonna get dropped by Cristobal at the end.
  • MotrboatnsobMotrboatnsob Member Posts: 424
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Did he sign early?
  • OreDawgOreDawg Member Posts: 583
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary

Did he sign early?

He did. That doesn’t mean lanning can’t tell him to take his “talents” elsewhere.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,957
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

I think his only purpose was to try to lure Germie Bernard. It's funny because he's been the biggest Oregon cheerleader of all their commits. He even started his own Oregon spaces chat. You love to see it

He got his defensive end teammate to come on board. So mission accomplished there.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,876
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

I think his only purpose was to try to lure Germie Bernard. It's funny because he's been the biggest Oregon cheerleader of all their commits. He even started his own Oregon spaces chat. You love to see it

He got his defensive end teammate to come on board. So mission accomplished there.
    That kid was dropped by Texas at the last minute, which is why he ended up at Oregon. At least Sark had the courtesy to drop the kid BEGORE he signed his papers
  • rustysavagerustysavage Member Posts: 942
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    So satisfied seeing that tub of shit get a ice cold glass of reality. How his situation went down just really bothered me, prolly alot more than it should have to be honest. So ya... I really hope things get worse n he somehow ends up at new mexico state
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,428
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Sounds like he's staying

Maybe he'll go to UNLV next year
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,876
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited January 2022
    Supposedly he and his mommy hosted an emergency Twitter spaces yesterday so that he could let all his fans know that he is still a duck. His mommy told everyone that Sir just got upset about something so he scrubbed his Twitter account of all duck stuff and posted the angry emojis because he's young and still learning to control his emotions.

So I don't know how much of this is true, but this is how it was reported on the discord chat and as sad as it is, I don't think it's that far fetched

My guess is Oregon coaches told him they are looking to take more defensive linemen and while they'll honor his scolarship, they don't see much playing time for him and will let him out of his LOI if he wants to go elsewhere
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,512

Supposedly he and his mommy hosted an emergency Twitter spaces yesterday so that he could let all his fans know that he is still a duck. His mommy told everyone that Sir just got upset about something so he scrubbed his Twitter account of all duck stuff and posted the angry emojis because he's young and still learning to control his emotions.

So I don't know how much of this is true, but this is how it was reported on the discord chat and as sad as it is, I don't think it's that far fetched

My guess is Oregon coaches told him they are looking to take more defensive linemen and while they'll honor his scolarship, they don't see much playing time for him and will let him out of his LOI if he wants to go elsewhere

Think you nailed it with the last paragraph. He can either show up and work his ass off to earn PT (highly unlikely) or go to a mountain west school
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    ntxduck said:

Think you nailed it with the last paragraph. He can either show up and work his ass off to earn PT (highly unlikely) or go to a mountain west school
    Sounds like it's just a matter of how long it takes him to accept the obvious. I bet he bails before fall. Probably spring.