Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Headline malarkey aside this is mind blowing. Seems way too young to be gone. Ts and Ps.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,390
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Drugs are bad, mmmkay.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,699
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Heisman Trophy candidate Colt Brennan completed 42-of-50 for 442 yards and five touchdowns, four to wideout Jason Rivers, who also grabbed 14 receptions for 167 yards. After the Warriors tied the game at 28, Brennan led the game-winning drive, ending with a 5-yard touchdown pass to Ryan Grice-Mullen with 44 seconds left. "What a win", exclaimed UH head coach June Jones. "(The team) was committed to getting a win tonight. They played hard and I can't be more proud of them. It's unbelievable. The (regular season) could not have ended better." UW (4–9, 2–7 Pac-10) scored on its first three possessions in the game's first 10 minutes. The first two scores were aided by a UH illegal substitution penalty and a UH fumble. Quarterback Jake Locker scored on an 8-yard run followed by Luke Kravitz's 1-yard plunge. It was Kravitz again finding the endzone from two yards out to make it 21–0. UH fumbled the ball over to UW three times in the opening quarter. The Warriors finally got on the scoreboard with 10:17 left in the second with Brennan hooking up with Rivers on a 7-yard pass to cut the deficit to 21–7. But UW took the ensuing kickoff and traveled 84 yards capped by Paul Homer diving over from a yard out. UH made it a 14-point game as Brennan connected again with Rivers on a 3-yard scoring pass. Brennan completed all five of his passes accounting for the 75 yard-drive. Hawai'i pulled to within seven just before the half when Rivers caught his third touchdown from Brennan, a 13-yarder. Originally, the catch was ruled incomplete, but it was overturned after the review. Brennan completed his final 17 passes of the half, breaking the UH record of 16 set by Jason Whieldon in 2003. Neither team scored in the third quarter. UW had a chance, but Ryan Perkins' 38-yard field goal was blocked by Joshua Leonard. The Warriors tied it at 28 when Brennan hit Rivers on a 40-yard streak pass at the 8:01 mark in the fourth. The UH defense came up big in the fourth aided by a huge penalty when Locker passed the line of scrimmage to throw what would have been a first down. Instead, the penalty was tacked on and a loss of down forcing UW to punt and setting up UH's game-winning drive. The drive started at their own 24 and the Warriors marched downfield in eight plays covering 76 yards capped by a five-yard pass to Grice-Mullen with 44 seconds left. "Coach Jones trusted me on that last call", Brennan said. "I told coach 'we got 'em' so I changed it to a pass play because I knew they were going to be in man. I've got the most talented receiving corps in the nation." The Huskies weren't done just yet. Locker completed a 25-yarder to Michael Gottlieb and a 49-yard bomb to Marcel Reece to the UH four. Two plays later, Locker's pass was deflected by Gerard Lewis and picked off by Ryan Mouton setting off a wild celebration.

Too bad he died in vain. Should have sent Ty to the showers

BUT HOW WAS EMMERT A BAD PRESIDENT???
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,711
    Founders Club

I watched that game with my late sister. UW goes up 21-0, she's cheering while I am somber, nay morose. She asks me why I'm not fired up. I tell her, "We're gonna lose. It's in the Willingham DNA."

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,711
    Founders Club
    (Part of me was also rooting for UW to lose so Willingham would in theory be gone)
  • rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,009
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

wasnt this the 'when youre playing in december good things are happening' game?
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Peak Jake Locker

The Huskies weren't done just yet. Locker completed a 25-yarder to Michael Gottlieb and a 49-yard bomb to Marcel Reece to the UH four. Two plays later, Locker's pass was deflected by Gerard Lewis and picked off by Ryan Mouton setting off a wild celebration.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I celebrated

Ty was DONE

I watched that game with my late sister. UW goes up 21-0, she's cheering while I am somber, nay morose. She asks me why I'm not fired up. I tell her, "We're gonna lose. It's in the Willingham DNA."

Only game I was 100% rooting against UW. I remember posting in a "What are you drinking?" thread and my pic was green kool aid. I was legitimately bummed when we jumped out to that huge early lead. I celebrated hard when Reece dropped that pass in the end zone and it was picked. Thought he was a program saving hero.

Then Emmert happened.

I celebrated

Ty was DONE

Exactly.

I remember that night far too well.

Posted this as soon as the game was over.

Little did I know the levels of chinstitutional chineptitude.

Oy vey.

Peak Jake Locker

The Huskies weren't done just yet. Locker completed a 25-yarder to Michael Gottlieb and a 49-yard bomb to Marcel Reece to the UH four. Two plays later, Locker's pass was deflected by Gerard Lewis and picked off by Ryan Mouton setting off a wild celebration.

I mean Marcel Reece straight up dropped it, that wasn't on Jake.

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

Heisman Trophy candidate Colt Brennan completed 42-of-50 for 442 yards and five touchdowns, four to wideout Jason Rivers, who also grabbed 14 receptions for 167 yards. After the Warriors tied the game at 28, Brennan led the game-winning drive, ending with a 5-yard touchdown pass to Ryan Grice-Mullen with 44 seconds left. "What a win", exclaimed UH head coach June Jones. "(The team) was committed to getting a win tonight. They played hard and I can't be more proud of them. It's unbelievable. The (regular season) could not have ended better." UW (4–9, 2–7 Pac-10) scored on its first three possessions in the game's first 10 minutes. The first two scores were aided by a UH illegal substitution penalty and a UH fumble. Quarterback Jake Locker scored on an 8-yard run followed by Luke Kravitz's 1-yard plunge. It was Kravitz again finding the endzone from two yards out to make it 21–0. UH fumbled the ball over to UW three times in the opening quarter. The Warriors finally got on the scoreboard with 10:17 left in the second with Brennan hooking up with Rivers on a 7-yard pass to cut the deficit to 21–7. But UW took the ensuing kickoff and traveled 84 yards capped by Paul Homer diving over from a yard out. UH made it a 14-point game as Brennan connected again with Rivers on a 3-yard scoring pass. Brennan completed all five of his passes accounting for the 75 yard-drive. Hawai'i pulled to within seven just before the half when Rivers caught his third touchdown from Brennan, a 13-yarder. Originally, the catch was ruled incomplete, but it was overturned after the review. Brennan completed his final 17 passes of the half, breaking the UH record of 16 set by Jason Whieldon in 2003. Neither team scored in the third quarter. UW had a chance, but Ryan Perkins' 38-yard field goal was blocked by Joshua Leonard. The Warriors tied it at 28 when Brennan hit Rivers on a 40-yard streak pass at the 8:01 mark in the fourth. The UH defense came up big in the fourth aided by a huge penalty when Locker passed the line of scrimmage to throw what would have been a first down. Instead, the penalty was tacked on and a loss of down forcing UW to punt and setting up UH's game-winning drive. The drive started at their own 24 and the Warriors marched downfield in eight plays covering 76 yards capped by a five-yard pass to Grice-Mullen with 44 seconds left. "Coach Jones trusted me on that last call", Brennan said. "I told coach 'we got 'em' so I changed it to a pass play because I knew they were going to be in man. I've got the most talented receiving corps in the nation." The Huskies weren't done just yet. Locker completed a 25-yarder to Michael Gottlieb and a 49-yard bomb to Marcel Reece to the UH four. Two plays later, Locker's pass was deflected by Gerard Lewis and picked off by Ryan Mouton setting off a wild celebration.

I was there. Talked to Kim before the game. He said win or lose Ty was gone. That’s why I learned he didn’t know shit.

I was there. Talked to Kim before the game. He said win or lose Ty was gone. That’s why I learned he didn’t know shit.
    No one was harder on Ty than Kim!
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Fucking Marcel Reece being run out of bounds at the 4 by a 150lb corner. FTG
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,708
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

wasnt this the 'when youre playing in december good things are happening' game?
    Something like this but I remember the word “special” being used.