Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Biden May Try To CRACK DOWN On Cryptocurrency, Or Introduce Some Kind Of 'Fed-Coin'

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,461 Founders Club
edited May 2022 in Tug Tavern

Comments

• HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,964
    Biden is a dementia patient, but wouldn’t surprise me if Yellen and the Fed do if/when it looks like the dollar starts losing its credibility...
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,191
    What is the purpose of the federal government outside of currency and national defense? They see their control of currency slipping away via crypto. I expect the Feds to shut crypto down at some point, or nationalize it. OTOH, crypto is an easy way to facilitate the liberals' wet dream of having a global currency.
  • MontlakeBridgeTrollMontlakeBridgeTroll Member Posts: 925
    LOL Sure... two dudes pushing a rumor on YouTube means Biden is considering it.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    edited May 2021
    Great idea. Let’s create our own decentralize coin that’s controlled by our centralized government. I’m sure investors are going to jump all over themselves to get those.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,978
    edited May 2021

Great idea. Let’s create our own decentralize coin that’s controlled by our centralized government. I’m sure investors are going to jump all over themselves to get those.

Yes. It would seem that once the Treasury gets involved, they take the "crypto" out of cryptocurrency, and it becomes, um, currency. Already have enough of that IMO.
  • TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,684 Founders Club
    I haven’t seen people have this much fun investing in weird bullshit and get away with it since the instant billionaire walkmydawg.com halcyon bubble of 2000
  • TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,684 Founders Club
    edited May 2021
    What I like about this bubble in crypto is Feds can crush it whenever they want to and the losers are not traditional investors so they don’t have to care about the fallout... this can work out like the classic Greek game of fuckem killem same time
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309

What I like about this bubble in crypto is Feds can crush it whenever they want to and the losers are not traditional investors so they don’t have to care about the fallout... this can work out like the classic Greek game of fuckem killem same time

That’s why I’m day trading it. I do have some long position in ETH. But that’s about it. Everything else involves stalking my Robinhood crypto charts looking for a large dip then buying said dip, and selling after about 30-45 seconds