Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

FMB Baseball Rant

Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,860
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Founders Club
Why is World Series home field determined by who wins the All-Star Game? Is there a more fucktarded situation in N. American sports? What if the NBA All-Star Game determined home court for the Finals? I get that they want it to have meaning, but do it some other way.

Fire the Milwaukee used car dealer commish. Wasn't he supposed to be temporary?!

Comments

• Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I'm one of the bigger baseball fans in this group but it's really indefensible. One of the stupidest things in sports. On the other hand HF probably means less in baseball than any other sport
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    The lesson as always: Fuck Bud Selig.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I definitely agree. But at least if the world series is tied after 9 innings, they don't pick 5 players from each team to have a home run derby to determine the winner. Essentially futbol.

I wish I could Awesome this poast about a million times. Nailed it.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,860
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

I definitely agree. But at least if the world series is tied after 9 innings, they don't pick 5 players from each team to have a home run derby to determine the winner. Essentially futbol.

To be fair, a more accuarate comparison would be to play three extra innings, then have the HR derby. Point taken though. I'm not a huge fan of the shootout, but you also have the factors of teams who may have to play another game in 4-5 days.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Almost care as much as the World Cup soccer game.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

But Sounders fans say that free kicks (or whatever the fuck it's called - penalty kicks?) is the most exciting thing in sports. So what about that Mr. Smart Guy? 50K Sounders fans fags can't be wrong.