Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,471
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Bummer. Not that it matters since they aren't playing anyways. Never got to see him put it together for a full season, but I think this year would've been his coming out party on the national stage.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,899
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Bummer. Not that it matters since they aren't playing anyways. Never got to see him put it together for a full season, but I think this year would've been his coming out party on the national stage.

With Mathis we were bummed by the late senior season injury. But with Tryon, there was never even a full season at all.
  • Options
    DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 703
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    5th Rounder tops.

8.5 sacks is nothing special. NFL evaluators are going to watch his first half of the season and think "this guy was lost out there"

Wishing Tryon the best but I see another Qualls scenario. College life is as easy as it's going to get.
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,095

With Mathis we were bummed by the late senior season injury. But with Tryon, there was never even a full season at all.
    Underrated prose in this poast.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Tryon will be the first of many. Might as well start profiting now instead of waiting until January comes and football still hasn't been played.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

5th Rounder tops.

8.5 sacks is nothing special. NFL evaluators are going to watch his first half of the season and think "this guy was lost out there"

Wishing Tryon the best but I see another Qualls scenario. College life is as easy as it's going to get.

They don’t pick based on sacks. Every year there are DE/OLB’s with under 10 sacks picked in the first round. His agent he signed with has quite a few good players signed to him.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,953
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited August 2020

5th Rounder tops.

I'll take that bet. He is being ranked as 40th overall. Kiper, I believe.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,471
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

5th Rounder tops.

As an aside, I saw a graphic the other day of the top 10 collegiate sack leaders over the past 10 years - I think it was a UW thing touting Kikaha as #1 on the list - and the list was a bunch of no names. Sack numbers are not the end all be all.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,550
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter

5th Rounder tops.

5th Rounder tops.

40th??? Wow just wow.
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,100
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Is Shoyinka sticking around?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Third round at worst
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,059
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Nick Saban is a prophet. His comment about JV Spring College Football is coming true.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,814
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    With football not happening I find myself not giving a shit about this.

Good luck son. Can’t say I blame you. Also can’t say I think you made the best decision.

Oh fucking well, deuces.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    T’s & P’s

Another black man captured and enslaved just for the entertainment value of Racist White Men

When will this madness stop?
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    It's been a bad day for @DawgDaze71 Joe Tryon takes