Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Looks like it's not his achilles after all

2»

Comments

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,851
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

dnc said:

dnc said:

It seems like people *really* care about someone with 23 career tackles and 7 sacks.

Achilles guy: 11 games, 23 tackles, 7 TFL, 7 sacks

Andrew Faoliu: 12 games, 28 tackles, 4 TFL, 3 sacks

Considering all 7 of those sacks came in his last 4 games, along with 3 strip sacks (and a fourth called back to a BS penalty), yes.

Context matters.
    Jeez you guys can’t even have fun anymore. I’d hate to see what it would be like if he drowned.

I think the poont is being missed. I believe ZTF is a great player. I don’t think he’s an All-American based off three games games, two of which came against shit teams. If it was his freshman year? Hell yeah. But he was in his third year in the program and has similar numbers to a guy who who got shooed off to Boise State.

Extrapolating numbers from three abortion season games and comparing him to Terrell Suggs is fucking retarded.
    Butt see you weren't trying to have fun or you wouldn't have doubled down on the shit take.
    Sorry to hear about ZTF. All our hope that the injury was not serious didn’t seem to help.

There wasn’t going to be doubling down until I saw a comparison of him and Suggs. That’s ridoogulous, be realistic. Until there’s a larger sample size he’s nothing more than a dude who strung together a few really great games.
    The only Suggs comparison I saw was based on Suggs possibly having the same type of injury and coming back from it with very little drop off.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

dnc said:

It seems like people *really* care about someone with 23 career tackles and 7 sacks.

Considering all 7 of those sacks came in his last 4 games, along with 3 strip sacks (and a fourth called back to a BS penalty), yes.

Context matters.
    Jeez you guys can’t even have fun anymore. I’d hate to see what it would be like if he drowned.

I think the poont is being missed. I believe ZTF is a great player. I don’t think he’s an All-American based off three games games, two of which came against shit teams. If it was his freshman year? Hell yeah. But he was in his third year in the program and has similar numbers to a guy who who got shooed off to Boise State.

Extrapolating numbers from three abortion season games and comparing him to Terrell Suggs is fucking retarded.
    Butt see you weren't trying to have fun or you wouldn't have doubled down on the shit take.
    Sorry to hear about ZTF. All our hope that the injury was not serious didn’t seem to help.

There wasn’t going to be doubling down until I saw a comparison of him and Suggs. That’s ridoogulous, be realistic. Until there’s a larger sample size he’s nothing more than a dude who strung together a few really great games.
    A dude who strung together a few really great games is likely to be a really good player.

We agree he's not Suggs. No one directly compared him to Suggs, someone tweeted a stat where 2020 ZTF happens to be above everyone, including Suggs. Obviously we all know the sample is too small to make that kind of conclusion. But it's not too small to conclude he's really good and a significant loss.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,481
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

dnc said:

dnc said:

Context matters.

The only Suggs comparison I saw was based on Suggs possibly having the same type of injury and coming back from it with very little drop off.
    Yes, that was my point and the reason I brought up Suggs is because he's the best case scenario for ZTF continuing his career at a high level after he recovers. Achilles is the worst case scenario for him and few overcome it to be top-tier players again.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,517
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

dnc said:

dnc said:

Context matters.

Kikaha comes to mind. Unfortunately it caught up to him after a few years starting in da league
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,706
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

dnc said:

dnc said:

Context matters.

Kikaha comes to mind. Unfortunately it caught up to him after a few years starting in da league
    Wasn’t it always ACLs for Kikaha?
  • Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

dnc said:

dnc said:

Context matters.

Nobody here compared him to Suggs.
    You’ll have to forgive this simpleton, I see a reply that shows ZTF statistics adjacent to statistics for Suggs and it makes me think it’s a comparison of their production. Crazy conclusion to come to, I know.

• Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

7 sacks in four conference games is a big deal
    No one is saying it’s not a big deal. It isn’t otherworldly. Just off the top of my head I can think of Nick Reed doing it, and getting a bunch more tackles in the process.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,706
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

dnc said:

dnc said:

Context matters.

Nobody here compared him to Suggs.
    You’ll have to forgive this simpleton, I see a reply that shows ZTF statistics adjacent to statistics for Suggs and it makes me think it’s a comparison of their production. Crazy conclusion to come to, I know.

I don’t think Jason Starrett posts here maybe find out if the Athletic has a message board.
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,554
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Why are we arguing about this again?

He’s gone so it doesn’t matter
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

7 sacks in four conference games is a big deal
    No one is saying it’s not a big deal. It isn’t otherworldly. Just off the top of my head I can think of Nick Reed doing it, and getting a bunch more tackles in the process.
    In conference games 3-6 not 1-4.

As a junior after starting 10 games as a sophomore

With zero forced fumbles (ZTF had three).

Nick Reed is also fourth all time in sacks in the conference and a two time first team All American. Hell ZTF forced more fumbles in his first four starts than a two time All American did his entire career.

You really proved ZTF is nothing special with that comp.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    This thread is twash. Someone should notify Stalin and reprimand the OP.