Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

This Day in Music April 29

1899 - Duke Ellington
Duke Ellington, American composer, bandleader, pianist. He worked with Louis Armstrong, Ella Fitzgerald, Dizzy Gillespie, Billie Holiday. Ellington died on May 24, 1974, of complications from lung cancer and pneumonia, a few weeks after his 75th birthday.

1933 - Willie Nelson
Willie Nelson, country music singer-songwriter, (He was born on April 29, 1933, but his birth was recorded on April 30). Nelson has acted in over 30 films, co-authored several books, and has been involved in activism for the use of biofuels and the legalization of marijuana. Along with Neil Young and John Mellencamp, he set up Farm Aid in 1985 to assist and increase awareness of the importance of family farms. He wrote the country classic 'Crazy' a hit for Patsy Cline.

1934 - Otis Rush
American blues guitarist and singer-songwriter Otis Rush. His first single, ‘I Can't Quit You Baby’, in 1956 reached No.6 on the Billboard R&B chart. Two of his other best-known songs, are ‘Double Trouble’ and ‘All Your Love (I Miss Loving).’ He died on 29 September 2018 from complications of a stroke aged 84.

1947 - Tommy James
Tommy James, The Shondells, from American rock band, Tommy James & The Shondells who had the 1966 US No.1 single 'Hanky Panky', the 1968 UK No.1 single 'Mony Mony' and the hit 'I Think We're Alone Now'.

1980 - Ronnie James Dio
Black Sabbath began their first tour with vocalist Ronnie James Dio, who had replaced Ozzy Osbourne.

2001 - Rod Stewart
Rod Stewart asked for a change in wedding vows bringing them up to-date and to be treated like a dog licence. Stewart said 'a change is needed because they've been in existence for 600 years when people used to live until they were only 35'.

Comments