Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

World Cup garners higher ratings than NBA Finals and World Series

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I'm sure if the NBA Finals and World Series were played every four years their ratings wouldn't go up at all.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,526
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

I'm sure if the NBA Finals and World Series were played every four years their ratings wouldn't go up at all.

I'm sure if the World Cup was played every year, it would still get pretty good ratings.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    PurpleJ said:

dnc said:

I'm sure if the World Cup was played every year, it would still get pretty good ratings.
    Now that's some FS BS.

The World Cup has what the Olympics have going for it.

It's on every 4 years and even then the average night of Olympics blows away the average World Cup ratings .

Do you think anyone would give a shit about the Olympics if it was held every year? Not me.

With the emerging strength of so many Central and South American sides this year, the US qualifying every year for the WC year is no gimme.

If the US didn't qualify for the World Cup, it would have about .8 share on average, maybe. Meaning nooone in the US would be watching any of it besides migrants.