Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Off-Topic... the M's

2»

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    dnc said:

Nothing, not even a World Series title, will ever compare to that magical run in 1995.

whoosh?

Honestly, I'm not sure if it will unless that World Series come out of nowhere.
  • Options
    Alexis said:

dhdawg said:

Seriously with the WC this wide open anything less than a playoff berth should lead to a firing of z. Otoh I've wanted him fired every year since 2012.

Don't you remember what he took over. It's like you conveniently forgot Erik Bedard (0-12) It's gonna take years to dig out of that. Let him get his own guys in here. 6 years is not near enough time to do that. And if you think any other GM would want one of the 30 GM jobs in the MLB for this trainwreck, this soon after Adam Jones (0-12) your delusional. Fire him and then you are just starting over. Poasters like you are what's wrong with sports in general. Expecting results. WTF.

Quick learner
  • Options

dnc said:

Alexis said:

dhdawg said:

Seriously with the WC this wide open anything less than a playoff berth should lead to a firing of z. Otoh I've wanted him fired every year since 2012.

Don't you remember what he took over. It's like you conveniently forgot Erik Bedard (0-12) It's gonna take years to dig out of that. Let him get his own guys in here. 6 years is not near enough time to do that. And if you think any other GM would want one of the 30 GM jobs in the MLB for this trainwreck, this soon after Adam Jones (0-12) your delusional. Fire him and then you are just starting over. Poasters like you are what's wrong with sports in general. Expecting results. WTF.

dhdawg is the worst kind of Mooriner fan

That's because he's not a real Mariners fan. Just some Athletics and Angels fan in disguise trying to make REAL mariners fans like Tequilla look bad.
    For the time being I'm obligated to be a fan of the Tigers organization first and foremost.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Nothing, not even a World Series title, will ever compare to that magical run in 1995.

whoosh?

CPOTD!

The Hooks SB didn't come out of nowhere and it was more satisfying to me than all of the 95 hawt Refuse To Loose action. Yes, the way they came out of nowhere was great, and the comebacks were amazing, but getting plungered by Cleveland took a lot of the fun out of it.

Any championship > any non championship run, I don't care about the context.
  • Options
    Boobs_Or_HarvBoobs_Or_Harv Member Posts: 82
    5 Up Votes Testing 1 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

whoosh?

CPOTD!

The Hooks SB didn't come out of nowhere and it was more satisfying to me than all of the 95 hawt Refuse To Loose action. Yes, the way they came out of nowhere was great, and the comebacks were amazing, but getting plungered by Cleveland took a lot of the fun out of it.

Any championship > any non championship run, I don't care about the context.
    Yea but just beat the Yankees nothing else matters!!!!!!!!

Honestly anyone who seriously would take 1995 over a World Series fucking title needs to just light themselves on fire right now.
  • Options
    I barely remember the Indians series because I was spent after the Yankees series.

I have more fond memories about the '95 run in September through that Yankees series than I do about the Seahawks winning the title. To me, there was just this inevitability of the Hawks winning the Super Bowl ... it was definitely enjoyable to watch for sure.
  • Options
    Boobs_Or_HarvBoobs_Or_Harv Member Posts: 82
    5 Up Votes Testing 1 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

I barely remember the Indians series because I was spent after the Yankees series.

I have more fond memories about the '95 run in September through that Yankees series than I do about the Seahawks winning the title. To me, there was just this inevitability of the Hawks winning the Super Bowl ... it was definitely enjoyable to watch for sure.

Ummm that's hindsight 20/20. Seahawks were struggling down the stretch not to mention both NFC playoff games were nail biters especially the 49ers game which was basically the Mariners version of the Yankees series. The only difference is Seahawks went all the way afterwards.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

I remember more about the 95 run than the Hawks SB run too, but I think that has more to do with the fact I was 14 years old and it was the greatest thing going on in my life whereas when the Hawks won I was married with a pregnant wife and an established career. I just have way more going on now than I did then. Seattle sports aren't the biggest thing in my life like they were when I was a kid.

I think if you made the M's run last year and the Hawks SB run in 95 you'd think the Hawks run was massively superior. Or lets put it this way, did you find 95 more satisfying than the Dawgs in 91 (assuming you're old enough to remember it)? I was only ten for the UW run, but that was the best thing ever to me. I'd take 91 Dawgs again over 95 M's anyday.
  • Options
    They are tough to compare because with baseball you're involved with it every day whereas with football it was once per week.

Probably the '91 Husky title because I remember wearing all of my Husky stuff to bed that night hoping that it would give good luck to get the National Title the next morning.

What '95 reinforced to me is why baseball is, and always will be, the National Pastime. It's easy to call baseball boring when you don't have a dog in the fight. But there's nothing more exciting than every day mattering in September - that's great.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,845
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

Alexis said:

dhdawg said:

pawz is the worst kind of Mooriner fan